• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G4TV X360 special airing soon (9 PM EST)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
They "premiered" the Fight Night 360 trailer a while back..and uh..it was not even close to the PS3 demo. Let's hope that it was an early build or something.

bitwise

Banned
newsweek has always had a thing for sony. they even had psp on the cover of the mag once.

time is the one who loves 360 :p

what happened to fight night. Im watching this stuff and i aint impressed. Question, every one keeps saying watching someone play a game is new" next gen" i remember doin dat in quake 3 and red alert2.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Why is there like no one at Zero Hour? Seems like nothing is going on either.

Hopefully they will do something like this for the PS3, because G4 totally ignored the PSP launch.

Andy787

Banned
Holy shit man, Peter Moore must haaaaaate Geoff Keighley! That was magnificent! :lol

I do think he was busting Peter's balls a bit too much, to be fair. After all of the tough questions Geoff's given Peter up to the launch, I figured he'd give him a free ride this time. I can't believe Peter will still give him interviews. :p

jedimike said:
No 360 shortages??? Peter Moore just said that retailers will be getting steady shipments through the Holidays.

He never said that there was or wasn't shortages .... he's being a good prepresentative by dodging that question.

BojTrek

Banned
Why won't that fucker Peter Moore or MICROSOFT just tell us how many systems will be out toinght-tomorrow...

Fuck them...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Andy787 said:
Holy shit man, Peter Moore must haaaaaate Geoff Keighley! That was magnificent! :lol

I do think he was busting Peter's balls a bit too much, to be fair. After all of the tough questions Geoff's given Peter up to the launch, I figured he'd give him a free ride this time. I can't believe Peter will still give him interviews. :p

Actually Geoff just asked the questions Peter should want the answers to out there. Now if those 'weekly' shipments don't appear, then it isn't to good for Peter.

One thing I am noticing is the strange absence of Bill Gates. He was everywhere for the X-Box launch, this time you would think he has nothing to do with MS.

jedimike

BojTrek said:
Why won't that fucker Peter Moore or MICROSOFT just tell us how many systems will be out toinght-tomorrow...

Fuck them...

It will spoil the PR when MS claims most consoles ever sold in 24hours. Really, I don't see where the numbers matter... If they said 500K, 1M, or 1.5M, how does that really equate to the odds of buying a console on launch day?

border

jedimike said:
If they said 500K, 1M, or 1.5M, how does that really equate to the odds of buying a console on launch day?
More systems to buy means more chances to buy a system (aka "better odds")? Should I need to explain this?

jedimike

border said:
More systems to buy means more chances to buy a system (aka "better odds")? Should I need to explain this?

Yes... explain it. How many retailers are there in the US? The difference between 500k and 1M may only equate to 5 more consoles per store. If you haven't preordered or you aren't in line right now, your chances are slim... no matter how many consoles were shipped.

border

jedimike said:
Yes... explain it. How many retailers are there in the US? The difference between 500k and 1M may only equate to 5 more consoles per store. If you haven't preordered or you aren't in line right now, your chances are slim... no matter how many consoles were shipped.
No matter how yoiu slice it, the odds are improved.

The difference between 500K and 1M is pretty huge. It doesn't mean 5 extra systems per store, it means each store could have twice as many.

jedimike

Syphin said:
someone slap the guy with the dreads.

I thought he made a lot of sense... 360 launch is no better or no worse than any other console launch and the games aren't living up to what he thought next gen would be.

I think he will be a very sad gamer when the PS3 also fails to deliver what he expects.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Good God Morgan did get all boney and shit! Looks aweful.

Speevy

Banned
BigBoss said:
Its not the PS3 version. :)

It's supposedly a cross-platform game, and seems to have absolutely no assets that would find the Xbox 360 at a disadvantage. Of course, I haven't seen this video.

dorio

Banned
Speevy said:
It's supposedly a cross-platform game, and seems to have absolutely no assets that would find the Xbox 360 at a disadvantage. Of course, I haven't seen this video.
Mtv footage looked better.

WindyMan

I had to watch this special because my buddy wanted me to capture him standing in line at the CA location. (He was the one in the santa hat.) This reminds me how crappy their programming is, and what used to be.

I miss the Screen Savers. :(

hobbitx

Yeah, what the fuck we're they thinking this time? They were kinda getting on the right track and then they drop the ball merging the special with their own crappy shows. People wanna see 360 news and Dianne is babbling about some cell phone...wtf? Finally they drop the retarded skits and they figure some new way to ruin things. This seemed like a pretty dull launch to me anyway, I don't think I really wanted anything I saw today.

Vibri

Banned
I love how people here think their opinions are more qualified than the technology editor for NEWSWEEK.

DCX

DCX
OMG! Little story. I was at the WWE Restaurant in NY for the XBOX launch in 2001. I went there with my three friends and my sister. It was great, got to play XBOX games, ample amounts of SoBe, The Rock showed up and fought Bill Gates in a match of DOA 3 :) Well, anyway, there was a camera crew who was taping the gamers being stupid. Well my friend showed up on the XBOX montage on the ICONS segment of this XBOX 360 special. He said something along the line of " look, i'm on fire!! " Knowing him, he was being EXTREMELY!!! sarcastic :lol :lol I was behind him with a stupid glow ring around my neck :lol :lol Man i was fat :/ Someone should make a gif of him saying the fire line :)

DCX

Top Bottom