• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full trailer for CW's Superman & Lois (February 23rd)

xrnzaaas

CW is pretty much unwatchable now. First few seasons of Arrow and Flash were pretty decent but I've pretty much stopped watching all of their shit.
I subscribe to Man of Recaps on yt (he makes good recaps of popular shows) and even with them I had to take breaks to process and accept the level of stupidity in the later seasons. I'm glad I dropped both shows quite early (Arrow after season 3, Flash after season 1) so I didn't invest a lot of time into them.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Anyone talking about how progressive it is to have a 33 year old man in a love triangle with 40 and 45(!!! Emmanuel ages like fine wine) year old women?

I think Lois statutorily raped a teenage superman to have those tween twins :p

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I find it funny that except for Tyler Hoechlin, the rest of the cast is actually older then the Smallville cast 🤔

Tesseract

Banned
i take it all back, this is the gayest version of superman yet

keep ruining your flagships, corpos

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Subversion in storytelling means writing the opposite fucking story.... by definition it means it is not in spirit, construction or narration a fucking Superman story.

Goddamn it when in the fuck did it become a necessity to not know the meaning of words to be a show/movie script writer, do they not understand how words, the literal tools of a writers trade, mean?

And it’s a great soap opera, and it’s a fucking terrible Superman show. Masturbation on film

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I knew after watching a few episodes on the CW app last month that this would end up featured on the HBO Now service. CW is clearly trying to move past their typical formula, and the production value on this feels easily double the quality of the typical CW show - everything from cinematography to wardrobe.

Digging it a lot. On episode four now. I'm glad to see there's plenty of episodes to come in the first season but it seems COVID really did a number on the speed of production for this one.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I knew after watching a few episodes on the CW app last month that this would end up featured on the HBO Now service. CW is clearly trying to move past their typical formula, and the production value on this feels easily double the quality of the typical CW show - everything from cinematography to wardrobe.

Digging it a lot. On episode four now. I'm glad to see there's plenty of episodes to come in the first season but it seems COVID really did a number on the speed of production for this one.

Yea there's a big break until new episodes.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just caught up on the first season. It's like the polar opposite of the CW formula, much better effects, more grounded, less melodrama, much much more serialized.

I think the Luthor thing was just bait to see if they could enrage some reactionary YouTubers because it turning out to be John Henry Irons was a welcome surprise.

The season also takes an element that JJ Abrams had in his dog shit Superman: Flyby script and makes it work: Morgan Edge is Kal-El's half brother from Krypton, raised on Earth with a very different childhood than Clark. In JJ's script, Luthor was the Kryptonian brother.

It's not just the best DC show the CW has ever done, it's one of the best Superman TV series.

It looks like stupid near-future body armor.

Back in the day comic book heros looked like they were wearing long johns because thats exactly what was up. They were the person first and the super hero as an alter-ego. Now-a-days people are so used to these super heros that they are the super hero first and foremost and the person behind the persona just slows the hero down.

I'm so sick to shit of these ultra fancy ultra slick super heros. And honestly they are less then compelling in so many ways... super man is the lamest of all the super heros. He's always precisely as strong, as fast, as precise as smart as needed. No deficiencies. Superman sucks so much.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It looks like stupid near-future body armor.

They actually did an entire origin episode where he wears the Action Comics #1 costume (that Ma Kent made him).
SupermanAndLoisHeader.jpg

Last edited:
They actually did an entire origin episode where he wears the Action Comics #1 costume (that Ma Kent made him).
Well, all right then. Originally it was basically colored up long johns, because the characters needed to quickly jump into their outfit when the need arose... or rather pop off the ol' clothing and become... the thing.

I still think this near future body armor form fitting with repeating patterns is all kinda played out. Forget this superman jazz... lets have the question, or the blue beetle or big barda.

F it, at this point I'd rather these series focus on various key henchmen in various gangs all at various points of their... how did I get myself into this shit... Each episode could have it's own "red shirt" and you could get a POV shot of them getting their ass beaten and off'd, making room for next weeks red shirt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom