• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and Grim Fandango coming to Xbox

Kagey K

Banned
Now that MS own them, anything is possible. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them port the missing holes in the DF library.

sol_bad

I wish Double Fine would keep remastering the rest of the Lucasarts games.
:)

Hell, even Brutal Legend would be nice too.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yup, this is one I wanted ages back but didn’t get a chance to play. I could get it on PS4 but I don’t like these sort of deals.

stranno

On PC he already has the Remastered version as well as the Residual VM free implementation of the Grim Engine. Why would anyone want an UWP version is beyond me..

Last edited:

YCoCg

Now Xbox players can enjoy 4:3 upscaled visuals of Grim Fandango Remastered and the bad unfitting art style of Full Throttle Remastered! (Day of the Tentacle wasn't too bad though)

YCoCg

I wish Double Fine would keep remastering the rest of the Lucasarts games.
I do not, their remasters often had terrible problems at launch, and a lot of the times the new assets never matched the style of the old, in the case of Full Throttle the new art style makes it seems more Saturday Morning Cartoon than semi-real weird grunge world. Plus no offense but I don't want Tim anywhere near games he originally had no involvement in, they've pretty much done all the games he was apart of.

INC

Probably a xbx release title, gotta pad the lack 1st games some how, at least it'll be 8k

Last edited:

sol_bad

I do not, their remasters often had terrible problems at launch, and a lot of the times the new assets never matched the style of the old, in the case of Full Throttle the new art style makes it seems more Saturday Morning Cartoon than semi-real weird grunge world. Plus no offense but I don't want Tim anywhere near games he originally had no involvement in, they've pretty much done all the games he was apart of.

I'm not sure what the problems were at launch as I didn't buy them day one but graphically you can switch to the original graphics if they are preferable.
:)

Top Bottom