• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUCK!!! Those graphic card prices are insane

Lupingosei

Banned
I just checked pcpartpicker after the latest Linus video.

5w25PsS.png

They also sell a 1660 TI for 700 Dollars now. I paid 250 Dollars two years ago during black friday for my spare pc. This is crazy.

nani17

are in a big trouble
There's a silicon shortage and mining has returned causing the massive increase in prices also let's not forget scaplers.

PS5 is going through the same thing in terms of scaleprs and shortage.

GymWolf

Nah, admit it. PC gaming is simply not at as cheap as console gaming. I just built a new PC and had to throw my old graphics card in it because of how high the prices are. Without a new card I still spent $1300.

PC gaming is awesome, but cheap it is not.
Of course is not as cheap, you wanna play better you have to spend more, i'm not a reality negationist moron, but these prices became exagerated in the last year or 2, before it wasn't as bad as now, i was always capable to buy at launch with a discount by searching on the web, never at full price.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I got a pre-built early 2020 for $400 with a 1660ti. 700 for just the graphics card is dumb, especially over a year later.

Fuz

Banned
Haven't played Cyberpunk 2077 yet because of this shit.

I refuse to spend that much for a gpu.

Last edited:

Keihart

i lucked out with a 3070 at msrp before the hike but i'm looking at some ryzen 9 now and godamn.
They look pretty future proof at least, makes me want to take the it on the chin and get over it.

Thief1987

Yeah situation on the market is terrible, i want 3070, but best deal that i can find in my country is something like 2,5x of MSRP.

mcjmetroid

Amazing the difference a year makes. I bought a gtx 1660 for almost nothing last year I had planned to upgrade but goodness not for those prices. I shall wait.

Braag

Yeah, if my GPU dies now, I'll just take a break from gaming than pay these outrageous prices.

It will be a while before we see the GPU market go back to normal.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Of course is not as cheap, you wanna play better you have to spend more, i'm not a reality negationist moron, but these prices became exagerated in the last year or 2, before it wasn't as bad as now, i was always capable to buy at launch with a discount by searching on the web, never at full price.
I agree. Which is why I am waiting to get a 3080 at at least MSRP.

...I might be waiting a while.... ugh

drotahorror

I haven't been following releases of GPU's since December, but are they still putting up stock randomly on newegg/bestbuy and companies like EVGA/Zotac etc doing releases on their store or is that over?

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I knew this would happen from the beginning because of the ridiculous shortages of the cards from the scalpers. I anticipated that it would stay this way for a long time. Many people thought they could pick on up in early January last year. I told my friends they were wrong. Now they aren't able to get one at all. With crypto going to 63k and no slowdown in sight, this will be the norm for several years. It also means that releasing any new generation like 4000-series boards is going to be far off. I'm guessing 2024 before we see next-gen GPUs.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Seriously?

Sell it, if you have a 3080 i assume you have a backlog of old cards you can use until later this year or next year when you can buy a 3080 for under $1000
i doubt it i could prolly sell it for 5000 later this year when people want to game more

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'm so glad I got a GTX 3080 at launch for a mere 700 euro.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm so glad I got a GTX 3080 at launch for a mere 700 euro.
I got scalped with a 3090 @ $2.4k. Now it's worth even more than that.

UPDATE: Holy moly! I just checked Ebay for 3090s and they are going for $4k+!! That's INSANE!

Last edited:

hlm666

Working out for them, AMD managed to lose market share with their most competitive gpu line up in years

While nvidia turned lemons into lemonade.

Doesn't send a good message to them that we want cheaper prices that's for sure.

Derktron

Banned
So glad I got my GTX 2070, it still has life in it. Plays 4K games very well still. Count your blessing if you have a card capable of playing modern games still. Because you won't get a chance to get one for a very long time.

Kuranghi

I just listed a 7770 2GB on ebay for £60, which is in line with its condition + the sold listings from the last month or so.

It was £120 in Feb 2012 🤯

There's one thats "opened - never used", with a damaged box and its listed for £150 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I don't understand why nvidia/amd simply don't sanction the stores that do this shit.
"you want to fuck over our customers so you can make a massive profit on miners? No cards for you."

Ps5/xsx might be hard to get, but at least stores have to sell them at msrp.

ZywyPL

Banned
After yesterday's GTC keynote I'm actually surprised NV cares about the consumer market at all... All the gaming GPUs they throw on the market are nothing but crumbs, they're not in rush tu supply the demand when they have orders of magnitude higher revenue to make on the enterprise market.

Top Bottom