• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FSR 2.0 modded into Dying Light 2

winjer

Gold Member
Another game has been modded to support FSR 2.0, by basically replacing DLSS with FSR.
At this rate, a lot of games might get support for FSR 2.0, without the devs having to do anything.

Modder ‘mnxn’ has released a new mod that adds support for AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 in Dying Light 2: Stay Human. This mod is based on the AMD FSR 2.0 Mod for Cyberpunk 2077 we shared last week.

Basically, this mod replaces DLSS with FSR 2.0. By using this mod, PC gamers from all camps (Intel, AMD and NVIDIA) can select DLSS via the in-game settings and use AMD’s latest upscaling technique.

As the modder stated:

• DLSS, quality is FSR 2.0 Quality: Upscale by a factor of 1.5x
  • DLSS, balanced is FSR 2.0 Balanced: Upscale by a factor of 1.7x
  • DLSS, performance is FSR 2.0 Performance: Upscale by a factor of 2.0x
You can download the mod from here. In order for this mod to work, you’ll have to run the game in DX12 Mode.

DLSS 2.4.3 Q:
[IMG]

FSR 2.0:
[IMG]

Both ReShade CAS strength 1.0. 52fps in both cases.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Another game has been modded to support FSR 2.0, by basically replacing DLSS with FSR.
At this rate, a lot of games might get support for FSR 2.0, without the devs having to do anything.

DLSS 2.4.3 Q:
[IMG]

FSR 2.0:
[IMG]

Both ReShade CAS strength 1.0. 52fps in both cases.

Every game that supports DLSS2 can have the DLL replaced with the FSR2 DLL because both algos ask for similar information from the engine.
Probably should just get a dedicated thread to DLSS -> FSR otherwise we will have a thread for basically every DLSS2 game.

The Cyberpunk mod can be "ported" to basically every game.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Well FSR 2.0 didn't lived up to the hype it got. Sad.

As always team green > team red or blue
Remember DLSS had that particle streaming big for the first few 2. Released, apparently 2.01 has already improved some things and that's the one they've gone open source with so anyone can contribute if the good is good enough.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Well FSR 2.0 didn't lived up to the hype it got. Sad.

As always team green > team red or blue

I've used FSR 2.0 in games and I've seen a noticeable improvement. I know it doesn't perform as well as DLSS (according to DF) but for my not too discerning eyes I like the performance increase/visual trade on offer.

Tripolygon

Banned
Not bad for a hacked implementation. FSR 2.0 produces a much sharper output than DLSS in this comparison

534380_20220701111928enjwe.png

534380_20220701111705v6jr0.png

Rudius

Great. I hope every game receive that option via mods. Not to mention AMD cards, there are many Nvidia GPUs out there, still capable at 1080p, that can benefit from this, like 10 and 16 series.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Probably should just get a dedicated thread to DLSS -> FSR otherwise we will have a thread for basically every DLSS2 game.
I started a list on the first post of this thread. I'll update it while I have the time.

So...any game that has dlss can be replaced with fsr 2.0....so, 8 can use this on my laptop?
Most probably yes, you can.

Great. I hope every game receive that option via mods. Not to mention AMD cards, that are many Nvidia GPUs out there, still capable at 1080p, that can benefit from this, like 10 and 16 series.
It benefits all cards, but it looks like the performance upgrade on cards without 2*FP16 rapid packed math (pre-Vega, GTX 10xx and earlier) gain comparatively little performance with FSR 2.
Here are the results on a RX480:

The implementation of DLSS in this game is not the best.
There are some issues with blur in motion. And if we enable sharpening with DLSS, there are some issues with flickering.

Oh did you mixed up screenshots in op? FSR2 pic shows heavy artifacting on grass while DLSS clean.

Irobot82

This is pretty awesome. I'll get to use my GTX 1080 a little while longer due to AMD's open sourcing their stuff.

Crayon

I started a list on the first post of this thread. I'll update it while I have the time.

Most probably yes, you can.

It benefits all cards, but it looks like the performance upgrade on cards without 2*FP16 rapid packed math (pre-Vega, GTX 10xx and earlier) gain comparatively little performance with FSR 2.
Here are the results on a RX480:

Maybe that's enough to get you over the line with an older card. Problem is if you are playing at a final 1080p, fsr1 looks a little nasty Even scaling up from 900. Fsr1 is really unimpressive. Only useful for games with no scaling slider.

Rudius

1650s and 1660s should get a reasonable boost, since they support fp16.

Last edited:
Top Bottom