• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware making Souls like Exclusive for PlayStation not Bloodborne 2

pretty much expected but why no bloodborne 2? does it always have to be a new ip? than again, that is the same way we got bloodborne so maybe they could top it with an even better new ip

Last edited:
Glad that they will make something new, too bad that's again Soulslike. Cobbler, stick to your last i guess. Just not my genre.

Haggard

Banned
I just hope Sony helps with the technical aspects this time, maybe loans them the Demon`s Souls engine or something.
I love From`s design, but they`ve never been good with the technical aspects of their games. Not just overall visual quality but specifically framepacing and FPS stability, things you can bruteforce or fix on PC, but not on console.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Bloodborne is great on its own. It just needs a few updates for the PS5 though, still hoping for these in the future.

A new game is very much welcome and would be a pleasant surprise as i didn't actually believe in another collaboration. Still i hope it goes in the horror direction again. Bloodborne was way more creepy and scary than most other horror titles these days

Their multiplatform games vastly outsell their exclusives. Sony would have to pay a buttload of money to make it worthwhile for them.

shouldnt be an issue. its not like sony spend a shit ton on aquisitions. they make most of their investments in timed/full 3rd party exclusives and marketing rights for the big ones like call of duty, fifa and gta.

skit_data

Good, unlike many others I really don’t want a Bloodborne sequel. I’d much rather have a spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne that incorporates gameplay concepts from both or branch off into a new direction beyond our imagination.

rolandss

No one ever tells Nintendo to move on from Mario or Zelda, why should From move on when you can count their "Souls" games on one hand?
There’s Demon’s Souls (which also just got a remake), 3 Dark Souls games, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Elden Ring incoming. Now allegedly another one. Add in all the genre copycats, it’s not like there’s a shortage. I’d like to see something fresh.

iHaunter

Dj Khaled Keys GIF by Music Choice

GuinGuin

Banned
Probably not as much of an issue anymore now that Sony games are getting PC ports.

A couple of last gen games. We have yet to see if they will port any current gen games or wait for PS6 to do that. Returnal could have sold more if it was also a PC title given the small PS5 user base so far but Sony understands the need for exclusives not just to move consoles but to give the brand it's identity.

Top Bottom