• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware is Apparently Working on a PS5 Exclusive, Project “Velvet Veil”

bitbydeath

The rumor claims that FromSoftware is working on a PS5 exclusive which will be a spiritual successor to Bloodborne. The rumored title is codenamed “Velvet Veil”. The rumor apparently comes from a leaker who has also talked about Sekiro, Deracine and Elden Ring being open-world in the past.
RUMOR A From Software is working on a PS5 exclusive together with PS. It's a spiritual successor to Bloodborne, but it won't be a sequel or a prequel. The project's code name is Velvet Veil. The leaker talked about Sekiro, Deracine and Elden Ring years ago. RUMOR

xf1nqJO.gif

Me if true

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wouldn't surprise me.

I think the FROM model is basically to have a first party fund their first next gen game while they make the engine. Then they basically just stay at that level the whole gen and reuse it with lesser funding from Namco. Even Elder Ring doesn't look that different from their first PS4 game. Makes sense they'd repeat the same cycle.

He says it is not a sequel or prequel, but a spirit successor to Bloodbourne. So I assume it's a new IP.
Since he says the leaker was right before ( 3 times ) he thinks the rumour is true.

It actually makes sense. other than dark Souls. most of their other titles have been one and done games then spiritual successors.

mortal

Gold Member
Uh-huh...right. I'm calling BS on this one.

Sony owns the Bloodborne IP, I have a hard time believing Sony wouldn't green light a sequel to one of their most coveted IPs from last gen, especially if they're willing to collaborate with FromSoftware again.

The prospects of a spiritual successor sounds good, but a Bloodborne 2 would be guaranteed to sell PS5s.

Last edited:

Arkalon

Neo Member
Think this was already debunked on reddit, the source is a 4chan post using an old reddit dm as proof.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Sooner or latter Bloodborne 2 is coming guys and you know it

Hahahahahaha..... I wish I could take that seriously.
Anyway, continuing on! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....

PS4 had 2 exclusive games from From if I recall correctly. The other was a VR game though.
Think they had a 3 game deal with them, I cannot recall. Deracine might be the 2nd game, this rumored game could be the third.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

OK but is Kojima behind it ?

(It sounds like a rumour from nowhere but wait and see. Always interested in FromSoft)

Markio128

How is it odd? How long have you been playing their games? From developed a good variety of titles prior to their contracts with Bandai Namco.
To be fair, I don’t class Bloodborne in the same category as the souls games. It’s more action packed and offensive and, in truth, the only From game I have ever truly enjoyed and completed. A PS5 only Bloodborne 2 would be a dream.

kyoji

Makes sense i think the last hermen hulst interview where he talked about partnerships with kojima and from soft and how they view them as first party studios even though they dont own them are context clues as far as whats to come in the current pipeline of games. Specifically mentioning those two studios wasn't just a fluke.

Bartski

Gold Member
yeah I've seen this, but it's literally a tweet by some dude claiming he's got it from the same leaker that leaked the 2016 update (DS:R, "open world souls game" etc) but providing no links to where he got this info from or any credible way to connect this info to that 2016 leaker... Would be awesome if true but this is even weaker than a 4chan post.

Top Bottom