• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware’s next game is already in development, since early 2022

Nautilus

Banned
TBF, while I love From's titles, most of them these days are basically the same game with a couple of new mechanics and a fresh coat of paint. Dark Souls is the Madden of action RPGs.

I'm all for it though. Looking forward to the Truck Stick in ER2

Cheese ages well, especially outside of the fridge. You're supposed to age cheese.
Well, not all cheese are supposed to age, because it goes sour.But yeah, horrible analogy lol

Barakov

Gold Member
9cd2985f9f-1_2780x1200-scaled.jpg

In addition to Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree and Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon, FromSoftware is also working on another project not yet announced since January 2022. The confirmation comes from Kennet Chan’s LinkedIn profile.

Chan has held a senior role within FromSoftware for the past few years. He is in fact producer and co-director of Armored Core 6, as well as project manager of Elden Ring and senior lead designer of Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel. In short, a respectable curriculum.

In his LinkedIn profile Chan also mentions an as yet unannounced FromSoftware project launched in January 2022 of which he will cover the role of producer.

bd0137_fromsoftware-is-currently-working-on-an-unannounced-project.png

There is no other information about the game’s title, plot or genre on the developer’s page, so it is not yet known whether this is a new IP or a continuation of one of the old FromSoftware franchises.

In any case, it’s worth mentioning that Hidetaka Miyazaki recently stated that the success of Elden Ring hasn’t changed FromSoftware’s plans for its future games.

I'm ready for whatever comes next.
w0zMcEb.gif

Variahunter

The game wasn't received as a stellar experience, as I said a game of that nature wouldn't be ;)

Don't get offended and do the let's argue on the internet shit Maynard, I'm just having fun with you. I love stealth games so much bro, I just think making it too complicated or throwing too many gauges on the screen makes for a messy, unintuitive game feel if you get what I'm saying. I'm glad you dig the game brother, and I'm sure it appealed to the demographic that wanted an extremely hardcore experience :)
Game is still the best Tenchu though. And it was poorly received because of exclusivity, but also because it was low budget and thus graphically poor. It’s system were praised and it didn’t bloat the screen at all.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Armored-Core-6-1536x864.jpg

FromSoftware Is Developing Multiple Projects; Hopes To Release Games In Short Periods

• FromSoftware’s Armored Core 6 producer Yasuhiro Kitao appeared in an interview and confirmed that the studio is developing many projects.
  • The unannounced projects are likely to be released in “not so long intervals,” as stated by the producer. However, it can change in the future due to possible issues.
  • According to Yamamura in the interview, Armored Core 6 was always planned to be developed by the studio, it was only a matter of when it would occur.
  • Despite being a reboot, Armored Core 6 does not abandon its roots and will only enhance the formula while upgrading it with new features and changes.

I'd LOVE to see what From would do with a new King's Field in this day and age.
Would also settle for Bloodborne sequel/prequel.

Gorgon

Gross, their worst game. Give me any of the King's Field games or Shadow Tower Abyss.

They may very well go down that route at some point, given they are revisiting the AC games. Sucess with the latter will further expand the fan-base and build name for the company. I'd love to see a first-person RPG from FROM, slow-paced and dripping with atmosphere like their older games.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Of course it's a reboot and I don't believe them that it won't borrow elements of gameplay from Souls.

I'm interested to see what their next game is. It's not going to be a new Dark Souls, Bloodborne, or Sekiro. Maybe Elden Ring 2 which I really hope it isn't unless they make major improvements. I think it's time they tried something different and I know AC6 is something different for those who have never played an AC game before but I want to see some new IPs instead of another sequel. I've been begging for a Bloodborne sequel for years but it's never going to happen so it's time to forget about it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I wanna be an Astronaut that has Martial Arts who uses Laser Swords and Laser Guns, they have stats like Engineering and Chemistry, you have a little machine Gradius Option that you take with you and your trapped in a Cosmic Horror setting on an Abandoned Research Planet that has a Time Dilatation that causes the Time to Reset or something so the Dead keep coming back looping or something with Miyazaki Game's Art Style, Gameplay and Storytelling. Yeah I really want this..
0*0jNM__CDMNMKhMgg.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm currently super hype for AC6 it was looooong time coming and I'm craving for epic mecha game.

Elden Ring is essentially Dark Souls 4.

If the game started development a month before Elden Ring released and the DLC development started for Elden Ring DLC (Erdtree) in April of 2022 then that means this is NOT Elden Ring 2.

Would make no sense for them to work on Elden Ring 2 before the DLC even started development.

Armored Core 6 is releasing this year.

I am thinking it's ONE of the following -

A) Another New Souls IP, perhaps Sci Fi themed.

B) Bloodborne 2 (Wishful thinking, Sony exclusive)

C) Sekiro 2 (God, I hop not. I like Sekiro but rather have something else)

D) Demon's Souls 2? I feel like this would be too similar to Elden Ring/Dark Souls, cause they're both medieval. Sony exclusive.

F) There was a rumor of a Souls game taking place in some underwater city/world with influence of Cthulu. Issue is this rumor came from 4chan.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't do a dark souls 4, it would really ruin the narrative of it all. Elden ring is a great spiritual successor.

It is kind of sad that from soft are the only ones who can do souls style attack animations right.

I really hope they don't do a dark souls 4, it would really ruin the narrative of it all. Elden ring is a great spiritual successor.

It is kind of sad that from soft are the only ones who can do souls style attack animations right.
They're not doing anymore Dark Souls. Miyazaki confirmed it quite awhile ago that the Dark Souls 3 was the last in that series.

Hot take - Elden Ring is NOT DS4. Souls games were better because of their smaller more concise maps and less over saturated bosses. Also the final bosses were way better.

.. there, I said it.

simpatico

Dark Souls 4. I don't even care about the reasons not to. I want the chest swelling hype that could only be produced by a Dark Souls 4 reveal trailer.

Top Bottom