• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From the way things are going, Xbox Game Pass is likely become the dominate Streaming/Subscription gaming service

Dane

People really have a fetish to see Microsoft out of competition, if Microsoft wanted, they could do a Thanos Snap and buy biggest studios and publishers like EA, Square and Take Two and lockdown the market, but they won't because it would be completely unprofitable (hence why I doubt potential CDPR acquisition rumors).

I regret nothing.

They will let it get a ton of subscribers and then jack up the price. A year's subscription costs the price of two last generation games. No way the entire industry can be propped up with the equivalent of every gamer buying two games a year.

CuNi

They will let it get a ton of subscribers and then jack up the price. A year's subscription costs the price of two last generation games. No way the entire industry can be propped up with the equivalent of every gamer buying two games a year.

The idea is to get people hooked that barely buy games. If more games come to PC, I might consider getting gamepass, yet I haven't bought a game for neither PS4 nor my Xbox One in the past 3-4 years I think.

Matt_Fox

It's actually even cheaper. If you've not subscribed before you go to Amazon and buy 12 months of Gold at Ā£49.99 - do that three times for 36 months at Ā£149.96. Then after redeeming the codes through the Xbox store you choose the Ā£1 month Gamepass offer and it swaps the Xbox Live Gold into Game Pass Ultimate.

You get three years of Game Pass Ultimate for Ā£149.96 (ie. Ā£49.99, less than one full priced game a year!).

Last edited:
Top Bottom