• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friendly remember Story of Seasons: FOTM is coming next week

... and it's reviewing quite well for a SoS, with an 81 on Metacritic. Which means it's like a 90 if you're a Harvest Moon fan.

Harvest Moon FOTM was one of the best HM, and I'm not sure if this will be a straight remake or will add stuff - but I think I'm in. I just hope Stardew Valley hasn't spoiled the whole genre for me.

I'm not going to enjoy farming RPGS again until Stardew Valley 2 right

hahah nope. i was thinking the same thing after reading that article.

i was like "okay. okay. o-wait, this isnt going to have any light dungeon/battling aspects will it?"

Im waiting for Rune factory 5, to see if thatll scratch the itch.

Last edited:

Vandole

I won't say that I'll never like another farming game after Stardew Valley, but It's going to have to stray away from that standard Harvest Moon formula. It's going to need an entirely different hook. Something as different as A Wonderful Life was from the rest of the series (though hopefully something that also does not crawl at a snail's pace).

And I hate to say it, but I'm not exactly confident that the developers of either Story of Seasons or the new bastard Harvest Moons are either capable or willing to do it.

Top Bottom