• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

free RAM for your RAM hole (and a PSU too... maybe a CPU)

if interested, pick one item and compliment the n64 controller.
if i like the compliment, ill send you the item.

free shipping within the contiguous usa... otherwise you're paying shipping.

Available items:
  • 16GB (8GB x2) DDR4 3200 CL16 - GSKILL Ripjaws
  • 16GB (16GB x1) DDR5 5600 CL36 - GSKILL Flare X5
  • Seasonic Prime Gold 750w PSU (includes cables)
  • Intel i5 7600k (not 100% I still have this one... but if I do, I also probably have the Assrock mobo)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don’t need any of these items, but I’ll say that the N64 analog stick is actually pretty nice when it’s new. I always loved the feeling of it.

Also, it’s easily one of the most visually interesting controllers. I love the later color variants, too.

//DEVIL//

16GB (16GB x1) DDR5 5600 CL36 - GSKILL Flare X5

The first time I tried rumble on a controller, it made fell in love with the Nintendo 64 more than playstation 1. the magical moment when you plug it to the controller was a classic moment ill never forget lol.

Last edited:
seasonic Prime Gold 750w PSU (includes cables)

People dunk on the N64 controller but I’ll tell you now, there was no other controller that allowed me to throw my copy of Pokémon Blue into it and play on the big screen. Blew my mind as child, and still brings back fond memories as an adult.

If it’s one thing that controller had going for it, it was its versatility, and quite frankly nothing has come close since.

Skyfox

16GB (8GB x2) DDR4 3200 CL16 - GSKILL Ripjaws

I used the N64 controller at a kiosk in Game to play Japanese Mario 64 for the first time and it was awe-inspiring watching Mario tip toe in true 3d! Game, Gamestop, Electronics Boutique and Virgin Megastore (where we queued next to the river Liffey to get a launch N64) are now all closed throughout Ireland.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I don't need any of these items. Nintendo did a great job of publicly announcing the rumble feature for the Nintendo 64 before anyone else. But Sony was the first one to release the rumble controller two days before Nintendo (the Dual Analog Controller in Japan), and the Sony implementation was better.

Last edited:

Zones

Can't compliment, but I can complement...

5ac66ecf08c8d5987b053cc9ee825c5408f8851335de5bd6c57e0939595d733c_1.webp

Quasicat

I don’t need anything, but I love the N64 controller.
I subscribed to the Nintendo Online Expansion Pass for a year just to get the N64 controller to connect to my SteamDeck. The stick is a bit stiffer than I remember the original being, but I still love being able to play my games with it wirelessly.

Digity

While not the best controller out there it worked great for the games designed around it. Designed perfectly for how most video games play with two big buttons for primary functions and four smaller buttons for secondary functions or a second directional control. It made it a bit easier for new comers to video games.

Closer

I don't want any of those but I'm gonna compliment you for this giveaway.

The N64 controller is no shit one of my favorite controllers (together with the Saturn one) to play fighters using a good Dpad. Plug it on PC, use A/B/C buttons for everything, L/R for extra actions or mirror C up/right. Comfy.

• 16GB (8GB x2) DDR4 3200 CL16 - GSKILL Ripjaws
I really enjoyed rubbing the skin off the palm of my hand spinning that N64 controller's middle thumbstick with the ridges on top in the OG Mario Party. That totally didn't fucking hurt the next day, honest. Nintendo enjoyed it too which is why no Mario Party game ever had stick spinning minigame mechanics ever again after the OG.

Chronos24

The greatest thing about the N64 controller was the fact that it gave every option available given the time. You could still use the control pad or opt for the analog stick! The Z button acted as a trigger which made shooting games fun. ALSO!!! The controller came with various attachable upgrades from memory cards to the revolutionary rumble pad. Something overlooked I'm sure was the gameboy attachment that you could use to put in Pokemon games from Gameboy and use them in Pokemon stadium games. Again, for the time this controller was nothing short of revolutionary!

Would personally like the ram I could really use it in my PC.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member

At the time, c-button for dedicated camera control was brilliant. It took dual analog control before a better option was presented. And the middle handgrip with it's triggers made swinging links sword and shooting guns in GoldenEye so much more satisfying. Just a better tactile experience all around.

S0ULZB0URNE

16GB (16GB x1) DDR5 5600 CL36 - GSKILL Flare X5 to give someone as a gift if I win.

I remember the first time playing Mario 64 and slow walking by barely putting pressure.
The analog stick changed gaming as we know it.

The rumble pak add on with Starfox 64 made flying and shooting immersive for the time, Zelda OOT and using the vibration to find secrets/hidden things was revolutionary.I been a haptic feedback fan ever since.

Loope

Any of the items would be cool.

The best thing about the N64 controller is that it belongs to one of the best, if not the best, consoles ever, which i, regretably never had a chance to have.

Besides it looks like a goddamn badass spaceship.

some highlights, from me to you:

it’s easily one of the most visually interesting controllers.
damn straight. witness it.
4876375-HSC00923-7.jpg

I don't need any of these items.
wrong.

It was a pretty shit controller, to be honest.
you got a dusty ram hole.

It looks fucking stupid! (From me, yes, that is a compliment)

I'll take any.
-1 RAM for you

I don’t need anything, but I love the N64 controller.
I subscribed to the Nintendo Online Expansion Pass for a year just to get the N64 controller to connect to my SteamDeck.
ha, did the same.

While not the best controller out there[...]
wrong.

I really enjoyed rubbing the skin off the palm of my hand spinning that N64 controller's middle thumbstick with the ridges on top in the OG Mario Party. That totally didn't fucking hurt the next day, honest. Nintendo enjoyed it too which is why no Mario Party game ever had stick spinning minigame mechanics ever again after the OG.
you could write in to nintendo for a pair of mario party gloves, though it was recommended to just play it like a man.

Are you getting divorced?
just in the habit of giving away old PC hardware.
used to give it away locally via craigslist. thought i'd be giving it to a kid or teenager, helping them like i needed help when i first started building PCs... but it always ends up being some old weirdo.
at least the weirdos here are fun.

The Z button acted as a trigger which made shooting games fun.
and the rumble pack's weight and location added to the "youre kinda holding a gun" feeling.

N64 controller sucks. Keep your rubbish.
shut up, fatty.

using the vibration to find secrets/hidden things was revolutionary. I been a haptic feedback fan ever since.
my cousin said rumble was kind of stupid. turns out she was kind of stupid.

The best thing about the N64 controller is that it belongs to one of the best, if not the best, consoles ever, which i, regretably never had a chance to have.

Besides it looks like a goddamn badass spaceship.
love it, but disqualified due to poor life choices (never owning an n64).

Majormaxxx

Here's why the N64 controller deserves your love.

Yes, in photos it looks huge and clunky.

But if you actually hold it in person, it's cute, and comfy, and not at all giant or awkward.

phant0m

I don’t want anything, just came to say N64 controller + Goldeneye is the reason I am a (superior) vertical invert player.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
  • 16GB (16GB x1) DDR5 5600 CL36 - GSKILL Flare X5
One thing I’ve got to say about Nintendo is their ability to think outside the box. The N64 was such a massive departure from the SNES controller. Just seeing it for the first time really got your imagination going…like how do I hold this thing?

TDiddyLive

It’s the only controller that solves the dilemma of where you and two of your friends can sit together.

I’ll take everything.

Last edited:

Frwrd

My PC died on me after many power outages, PSU is just what I need.

Prime Gold 750w PSU (includes cables)

Unfortunately I never owned a N64, however my neighbors did. I still remember till this day playing 007 Goldeneye and not knowing how the hell to hold the controller, I remember staring at the single joystick and wondering how it was supposed to work. That’s when I found out that there was a trigger in the back and it all started to make sense.

I remember my friend only had one rumble pack, so he would usually be the one using it, the moment I got to use it I was blowing away by it. Can’t remember which other games supported the feature or if all did, but I do remember NBA Courtside and Pokemon Stadium, we rented Pokemon Stadium at our local Blockbuster and we kept the game for like a month or so hahahahahahaha, his mom had to pay all the late fees 😂🤣

Oh well, best of luck to everyone and thanks for sharing all these stories.

Last edited:
The n64 controller let me spear a friend in the butt cheek when he used odd job on golden eye. Because of that, I got the madkatz controller. The n64 controller is great if you want a fun route to proctology.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Think I used one once to play Goldeneye multi. It was my first time playing an FPS on a console and ... well the nicest thing I can say is that the N64 controller was not M/KB.

ok, DMs sent to winners:
chronos24 - ddr4
souls - ddr5
frwrd - psu
loope - cpu

the negative comments were especially fun--if i do this again, ill have prizes for best negative comments.

one last bundle if any of you big boys want it:
c2JD6Bx.jpg

asus z690p wifi mobo
i5 7600k
some old corsair 120mm AIO (pump sometimes got a tad noisy after gaming)
4x 120mm corsair fans

just say something nice about the xbox fanbase (shipping to contiguous USA only, for free).

Last edited:

Frwrd

one last bundle if any of you big boys want it:
c2JD6Bx.jpg

asus z690p wifi mobo
i5 7600k
some old corsair 120mm AIO (pump sometimes got a tad noisy after gaming)
4x 120mm corsair fans

just say something nice about the xbox fanbase (shipping to contiguous USA only, for free).
I mean, what can be said? They are SO nice, that it seems like a possibility that they’ll be donating a great deal of their catalog to other much less fortunate gamers that reside on the other platforms where it’s impossible to enjoy Xbox’s most treasured Gems.

Nobody’s nicer than the Xbox Community 🫶

Top Bottom