• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frasier is Returning on Paramount+

ManaByte

The “Frasier” revival has officially been ordered at Paramount Plus.

Original series star Kelsey Grammer will return in the title role in addition to executive producing. Chris Harris and Joe Cristalli will serve as writers and executive producers, with Grammnet Productions’ Tom Russo and Jordan McMahon also executive producing. The series will be produced by CBS Studios in association with Grammnet Productions, exclusively for Paramount+. The announcement was made as part of ViacomCBS’ investor day presentation on Wednesday.

“Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world,” said Grammer. “I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.”

Futurematic

I mean maybe if Ken Levine or some other old school folk are in charge. Otherwise I can’t see modern sitcom writers coming anywhere near to Fraser level writing. In which case—what’s the point?

Arkam

I have my reservations (as content is trash these days and way too preachy) but damn do I want to hope this is decent. Really enjoyed Frasier in its day. Even rewatched the whole series a couple years ago.

I can already see Frasier and Niles bantering about how cryptocurrencies are money sinks for the simple and unwashed masses.... only to have them both secretly invest in them and the fun starts as the markets get rocky and both have conceal their equally rocky mood swings that it precipitates.

HoodWinked

It could be interesting Seattle has changed so much from when the show ended the best angle would be poke fun of how the city has gone completely nuts but CBS would never allow that so the show will probably suck.

futurama78

Banned
How about a 45 minute format like Men of a Certain Age? Serious comedy or sitcom comedy? Edit. Oh wait I guess it was serious sitcom comedy.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Not paying for Paramount Plus so I will wait for a Vudu release if it is worth watching. TV show reboots IMO don't do too well.

stn

Wow!!!!! This was totally unexpected but I am so in. I hope they're able to bring back Niles and Daphne. Shame about John Mahoney though. :(

They'll fuck up one of the most intelligent and unique sitcoms to ever grace TV.....
yDhju7A.gif

Last edited:

Madevil

I have my reservations (as content is trash these days and way too preachy) but damn do I want to hope this is decent. Really enjoyed Frasier in its day. Even rewatched the whole series a couple years ago.

I can already see Frasier and Niles bantering about how cryptocurrencies are money sinks for the simple and unwashed masses.... only to have them both secretly invest in them and the fun starts as the markets get rocky and both have conceal their equally rocky mood swings that it precipitates.
This is brilliant. Because it's not the zany Crane brothers catapulted forward in time to "current year". It's just a break. They've got on with their lives and now we can catch up with a little of their antics that can be referenced.
And we can continue with their current nonsense.
That's the simple formula anyway and it should be easy, but I'm really fucking cautious.

Last edited:

Ikutachi

The actor who portrayed Niles will not be in.

HotPocket69

Banned
This will be godawful and won’t last. Are they bringing in the same writers? Doubtful. It will be shit.

Hilarious no one has any ideas for actual new shows on these dozens of streaming services. They just go crack open the time closet and pull out some old shit that is completely irrelevant today like the fucking Punky Brewster reboot. Who fucking asked for that?

natjjohn

Frasier was a great show but expectations have to be low on this. Would love for it to be good though, but doubt I’ll have paramount+!

BigBooper

Going to be a different show without John Mahoney but I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
Probably be a podcast where he talks people through their lived experiences and violent microaggressions.

Hopefully it's good. Frasier was an S tier sitcom and Boss was pretty good.

Last edited:

Aesius

Probably be a podcast where he talks people through their lived experiences and violent microaggressions.

Hopefully it's good. Frasier was an S tier sitcom and Boss was pretty good.
Making Frasier some sort of reluctant Jordan Peterson “internet dad” figure to aimless millennials and Gen Zs would actually be a pretty interesting concept.

Mikey Jr.

TIL Frasier had ELEVEN MOTHER FUCKING SEASONS.

God damn....

I used to watch the show when I was young. I loved it.
I should rewatch it.

Which season should I start with?

Mossybrew

I was never a Frasier Person, but I hope fans enjoy this latest creatively bankrupt attempt to milk your nostalgia.

Top Bottom