• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frankenstein your dream Grand Theft Auto!

Jay Sosa

I'd like to see 3 or 4 shorter storylines ala the GTA4 DLC. Have them intertwine or come together in a more meaningful way than in GTA4 though. I like the way missions have worked in recent GTA games.

I'm playing Suikoden 3 right now and was thinking about something similar. S3 uses a Trinity system, kinda like 3 sides to a story.

You play 3 or 4 chapters with completely different characters, let's say a lawyer, a criminal, and a cop and after a time the complete story unfolds and you can choose with which character you want to finish the game and see a different ending each time.

I especially like the fact that the NPC act different when interacting with you based on which guy you play.

Truant

I'd love seeing a game set in London during the 1800s. You could play as a private investigator, and explore both the city and the countryside.

GTA FPS

I've long wanted something like this. Far Cry 2 came close but driving was little more than a means of transport and it obviously didn't have the city setting of GTA so wasn't nearly as involving. A city like San Andreas would be awesome for an FPS given its more rural areas between built up locations. 

There have been plenty of FPS's set in cities but none have offered the freedom of an open world. I would just love for someone to combine GTA, Far Cry 2 and Test Drive Unlimited into 1 amazing game. 

Jay Sosa said:
You do know that there is a mod for GTA IV? Looks amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgmU2MWeOzE&annotation_id=annotation_627558&feature=iv !SPOILER!
Looks great! Very rough around the edges, but I would love to see something like this done properly. Gunplay has never impressed me in the GTA games, being an FPS would fix that. I can't help but long for a game where you're given a mission say where you have to kill a gang leader who is in a heavily guarded warehouse 3 miles away in the city. So you get in a car and drive there PGR-style (complete with in car view) arrive, get out, then it plays out like something from FEAR 2 where you make your way through the warehouse dispatching guards along the way. (by FEAR 2 I mean the feel of the combat/AI, not the scary stuff :p)

trinest

One which molds with you- aka no shitty story but a game which your actions can make you be a drug lord or feered or something.

Top Bottom