• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Drama Business Game Dev Four class action lawsuits over Cyberpunk 2077 troubled launch are combining

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

The Witcher developer confirmed on Tuesday that a lead plaintiff has been appointed and following this consolidation, all four lawsuits will now be subject to potential common court proceedings.

The action is in relation to Cyberpunk 2077’s troubled launch, centred around criticism of the game’s performance on last-gen consoles and Cyberpunk’s removal from the PlayStation Store, which saw CD Projekt’s share price fall by 15% on December 18.

The lawsuits include at least two class actions from some of its own shareholders, who allege that CD Projekt violated federal laws by misleading investors over the quality of Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles, consequently causing them to incur damages.

Umbasaborne

Dec 21, 2020
I feel for the devs and qa team, and i hope they dont lose their jobs. but i dont feel bad at all for the upper management there. Lying snakes who put out a broken game knowing full well it wasn’t ready to go. Who put unrealistic launch expectations on their team and crunched them endlessly. As far as im concerned, if the people who run that company never work in this industry again, the industry would be better for it.

i hope this game will serve as a warning against misrepresenting your game (downgrading), and releasing unfinished products.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Dec 25, 2019
Prague, Czech Republic

Get fucked, the truth is, no fucking company ever did reviews like these fuckers. So fuck you.

Burger

Jun 9, 2004
United Kingdom
I'm surprised CDPR has any sort of office or legal entity in the United States that would even allow it to be issued with a class action lawsuit. Generally you don't really have 'collective redress' in Europe (where CDPR is based) and it's only now becoming a possibility for Europeans to pursue this sort of lawsuit.

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
They should be forced to pay £10k for every unsatisfied customer, reminds me of something they once sanctioned....

ethomaz

is mad because DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
I hope it got successful.

It can be a warning to devs that things that they can ship whatever shit they wants and start to fix with day ones patches.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Bonsaibäumchen

Excess

Dec 8, 2020
The people who filed these claims aren't you're regular group John Doe's, they're a group of investors.

Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather see the judge throw this out.

Cyberpunkd

Dec 16, 2020
I feel for the devs and qa team, and i hope they dont lose their jobs. but i dont feel bad at all for the upper management there.
I think it was Schreier that said once: ‘The most aggressive monetisation schemes do not come from business side, they come from developers’.

Devs love to paint themselves as victims but most likely they too had bonuses linked to hitting milestones which made them either downplay or outright ignore problems with the game.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Dec 1, 2012
CDPR deserves it though... They really do.
Also to the Dev's and their non involvement , was that ever confirmed? I seem to remember a shitload of videos with Marcin or one of the leads talking out of his ass for 25 mins straight about crazy features and non existent shit.

Was he forced to do that..? I find it hard to believe not a single Dev could come out and say, 'be careful, it's not ready'.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

The Polish company confirmed last week that four class action lawsuits filed in the US had been consolidated and that a lead plaintiff had been appointed ahead of potential common court proceedings.

Asked to provide an update on the matter during a shareholder meeting on Tuesday, board member and chief financial officer Piotr Nielubowicz said through a translator that the lawsuit is due to be filed with the court next month.

“The court has selected a representative of the opposing party, a law firm representing them and their lead plaintiff – that is the main person representing that claiming party,” Nielubowicz said.

“As of today, we are not aware of a value of a potential claim. The actual suit shall be filed with the court until the end of June.”