• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Coming in 2023 | New Details Revealed

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Calm down kid, the world doesn't end if you do game comparisons (nor does it mean you don't enjoy both games). :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Besides, I wasn't the one who started the comparison, it's not my problem that your butt hurts with something as obvious as FH5 being superior to GT7 on a technical level (especially on a powerful PC), except for the color work/lighting and the shaders on the cars where Polyphone excels at, nor does it make GT7 a worse (or better) overall game for that.
Kid. Cute.

Racing market has shrunk so bad over the decades, any actual car fans or enthusiasts should be welcoming them all. But oh you know, limp dick wars energy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Going through old pics to see what else I can share of the old shop.

We held our family reunion at our place once a year thats why all the hoods are up and might see a few of the family, sorry

eyHccWP.jpg
WAsT4Ud.jpg
XQ6NLoN.jpg
Had some real gems there. Would have loved to spend time ogling at them.

I don’t really think FH5 looks much better than GT7, on the XSX performance mode.

It has better assets on the environment easily, but lightning, car models, color spectrum, HDR, cockpit detail are all worse on the horizon game. Also, terrible pop-in on performance mode.

Of course on PC at max settings, it’s a murder, as you get rid of the small problems plaguing the XSX version.

You have to keep in mind that GT needs to run at 60 on the older PS4 - a game that is cross gen 60fps like that suffers a lot..

R3EUIL

Neo Member
Even though Gran Turismo's photorealism and shader work is unique, the sun is not even in the same position between the two shots. 🙄

Forza-Horizon-5-27-01-2023-02-20-37-a-m.png

esqiVAT.jpg
If I'm not mistaken, this GT7 track is based on a real-life one, so I don't know if this comparison is appropriate, maybe comparing the modeling of the cars would be better?

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Im actually sad that we probably never gonna see the old fanstasy tracks again. They where soo good and unique, like they added something different other than all the other tracks that we see in every racing game. Just like in GT7 the fanstasy tracks are fun to drive on with improved physics and graphics that you don't get on other racing sims.
Fm7L_LZWYAErpuF

latest

FUJIMI-KAIDO-IN-FORZA-HORIZON-4.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Im actually sad that we probably never gonna see the old fanstasy tracks again. They where soo good and unique, like they added something different other than all the other tracks that we see in every racing game. Just like in GT7 the fanstasy tracks are fun to drive on with improved physics and graphics that you don't get on other racing sims.
Fm7L_LZWYAErpuF

latest

Did they confirm no fantasy tracks?

Turk1993

Did they confirm no fantasy tracks?
No but they said they will heavily focus on tracks that make sense for Motorsport cars and racing. And the game has only 20 environments and we already know 5 of them
-WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
-Maple Valley Raceway (Fictional)
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (NEW)
-Circuit Hakone (Fictional, NEW)

GHG

Gold Member
No but they said they will heavily focus on tracks that make sense for Motorsport cars and racing. And the game has only 20 environments and we already know 5 of them
-WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
-Maple Valley Raceway (Fictional)
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (NEW)
-Circuit Hakone (Fictional, NEW)

Mid Ohio is also in.

NewChoppa

Banned
Fm7L_LZWYAErpuF

latest

It’s a crime they haven’t brought Fujimi Kaido back after all these years. Doubt it’ll show up with the Motorsport focus but it’d make for a nice surprise.

You have to keep in mind that GT needs to run at 60 on the older PS4 - a game that is cross gen 60fps like that suffers a lot..

The VR functionality probably ties into all of it as well, I can imagine the need to have the game run smoothly on the headset may have lead to some compromises having to be made in the grand scheme of things…hopefully PD can massively improve their environments in the future

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Fm7L_LZWYAErpuF

latest

We always have Forza Motorsport 4 to play. They can't take it away from us.

Turk1993

We always have Forza Motorsport 4 to play. They can't take it away from us.
But it would be much much better if we could play it on the new game with improved GFX and physics with all the new cars and tuning. Also don't have a 360 anymore unfortunately. I mean just look at those FM3 concept art for those tracks, thats roughly how it will look when they get a current gen recreation.
gavin-vaden-forzaconcept5.jpg

gavin-vaden-forzaconcept.jpg

gavin-vaden-forzaconcept3.jpg

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
But it would be much much better if we could play it on the new game with improved GFX and physics with all the new cars and tuning. Also don't have a 360 anymore unfortunately. I mean just look at those FM3 concept art for those tracks, thats roughly how it will look when they get a current gen recreation.
gavin-vaden-forzaconcept5.jpg

gavin-vaden-forzaconcept.jpg

gavin-vaden-forzaconcept3.jpg

That era of racing games is gone. Get a 360. It's worth owning just for that game. And most likely FM4 will be more fun to play than the new entry, fancy physics or not.

Senua

What am I looking at here and why do people keep posting this?
The headlights on this car are more detailed in FM4 than in FM7 or this new reboot. The car models in Forza games are VERY inconsistent

Also confirms their "from the ground up" bullshit is just that, but we knew that already.

Just lame T10 can't bring their car models up to the current gen, of even match 360 gen in this instance!

Last edited:

Turk1993

What am I looking at here and why do people keep posting this?
Its the same shitty model returning from FM4 but with even worse headlight textures.

I don't think thats how the final build will look like (hopefully lol). Since in the trailer alot of the cars had problems with there headlights and shaders like the 2017 Porsche GT2, which looked good in FM7 and doesn't have those problems. Really shitty that they use the old bad models in this game and put them even in the trailer as if they look good.

Turk1993

The headlights on this car are more detailed in FM4 than in FM7 or this new reboot. The car models in Forza games are VERY inconsistent

Also confirms their "from the ground up" bullshit is just that, but we knew that already.

Just lame T10 can't bring their car models up to the current gen, of even match 360 gen in this instance!
Its only for couple of cars tho that are this bad (roughly 30). there are hunderds of cars that look amazing but stil no excuse for them to even show them in this state.

Its the same shitty model returning from FM4 but with even worse headlight textures.

I don't think thats how the final build will look like (hopefully lol). Since in the trailer alot of the cars had problems with there headlights and shaders like the 2017 Porsche GT2, which looked good in FM7 and doesn't have those problems. Really shitty that they use the old bad models in this game and put them even in the trailer as if they look good.
Hmmm. The fixture in the photo looks fine to me but the more modern lighting appears to be obscuring some of the detail like what happens in real life. At first glance it looks worse but if you look closer you can see how the detail of the light housing begins to obscure due to reflections and lighting. At least that’s how I’m seeing it from the still photos.

Last edited:

Senua

Its only for couple of cars tho that are this bad (roughly 30). there are hunderds of cars that look amazing but stil no excuse for them to even show them in this state.
The trouble is a lot of those cars are inconic ones, like the S2000, that 190e, Subaru 22b (this was updated in FM6 but still not great), the frankly abysmal R32.

We all hoped these would go away in the eighth generation of consoles and here they still are in the ninth.

Hmmm. The fixture in the photo looks fine to be but the more modern lighting appears to be obscuring some of the detail like what happens in real life. At first glance it looks worse but if you look closer you can see how the detail of the light housing begins to obscure due to reflections and lighting. At least that’s how I’m seeing it from the still photos.
?? The headlight texture is basically opaque now, revealing the super low quality assets behind it.

Last edited:

Turk1993

The trouble is a lot of those cars are inconic ones, like the S2000, that 190e, Subaru 22b (this was updated in FM6 but still not great), the frankly abysmal R32.

We all hoped these would go away in the eighth generation of consoles and here they still are in the ninth.
Yeah thats true which is a shame, really hope they get there shit together and actually fix those models. Since this game is a live service type game that will serve for coming years. They can still change it overtime unlike previous games that came out every 2 year where we waited on the new release on fixes for those bad models.

Reactions: Isa
?? The headlight texture is basically opaque now, revealing the super low quality assets behind it.
I just watched the video a few times that part specifically. The headlight housing isn’t opaque. You can see the detail if you zoom in on the photo as well as the video. In the video, the reflections move and so does how the housing looks in motion. I’m sure it looks different depending on time of day and other factors. Will wait to scathe the devs when I personally have more info I can evaluate.

Senua

I just watched the video a few times that part specifically. The headlight housing isn’t opaque. You can see the detail if you zoom in on the photo as well as the video. In the video, the reflections move and so does how the housing looks in motion. I’m sure it looks different depending on time of day and other factors. Will wait to scathe the devs when I personally have more info I can evaluate.
I said it's basically opaque, it's very faint. Not sure why you're defending how shite it looks

mvWFsTW.jpg

This is how it should look, which one looks closer to reality to you? If you aren't blind, it's FM4

Last edited:
I said it's basically opaque, it's very faint. Not sure why you're defending how shite it looks

mvWFsTW.jpg

This is how it should look, which one looks closer to reality to you? If you aren't blind, it's FM4
My opinion remains the same despite you posting the autovista model of the car from FM4. When I look at the FM8 version I see the housing obscured by lighting and reflections, such as what occurs in the real world. It’s okay if we think different things. Will reserve actual judgment when final version ships and I’m able to see the the models under various lighting conditions.

Last edited:

mvWFsTW.jpg

kyPLzvz.jpg
6FKXsMS.jpg

I just took these two photos of my car headlight at a different angle and distance for each one. This is what I’m trying to say happens because of lighting and reflections but I’m not doing a good job putting it into words. Does that make sense?

Senua

kyPLzvz.jpg
6FKXsMS.jpg

I just took these two photos of my car headlight at a different angle and distance for each one. This is what I’m trying to say happens because of lighting and reflections but I’m not doing a good job putting it into words. Does that make sense?
No I did get your point but I just didn't think it explained how poor the headlights looked, especially for a 9th gen title. Those modern headlights are basically clear of any pattern, unlike mercedes of that era which were heavily so and were really hard to see through to the bulb IRL

cover-4.jpg

mvWFsTW.jpg

This is a 1:8 Model. In a black room. Nothing realistic.

Black is looking very different in the wild.
Sure in the trailer it looks not perfekt.
Sure it looks good in summary, when done.

45dXVAs.png
sofw8Fj.png

Last edited:

Senua

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I really wish this would come out first half, if it does. I'll be super happy but I feel its leaning more and more to classic Forza release time frame of Sept/Oct

GHG

Gold Member
This is a 1:8 Model. In a black room. Nothing realistic.

Black is looking very different in the wild.
Sure in the trailer it looks not perfekt.
Sure it looks good in summary, when done.

45dXVAs.png
sofw8Fj.png

Because you're comparing different shades of black, that's why. Not all black paint is the same, there are different options for black paint even on the same model.

As a point of reference these were the colours available on the w126:

iPb0N2r.jpg

As you can see, two different paint options for black.

And then the options for a 2023 g wagon:

https://www.carsdirect.com/2023/mercedes-benz/g-class/colors

No less than 4 different options for black paint, none of which are the same as the options for the w126 or the 190e.

Phobos Base

Because you're comparing different shades of black, that's why. Not all black paint is the same, there are different options for black paint even on the same model.

As a point of reference these were the colours available on the w126:

iPb0N2r.jpg

As you can see, two different paint options for black.

And then the options for a 2023 g wagon:

https://www.carsdirect.com/2023/mercedes-benz/g-class/colors

No less than 4 different options for black paint, none of which are the same as the options for the w126 or the 190e.

Ah, the days when you could by a new car that wasn't white, black, silver or grey.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Even though Gran Turismo's photorealism and shader work is unique, the sun is not even in the same position between the two shots. 🙄

Forza-Horizon-5-27-01-2023-02-20-37-a-m.png

esqiVAT.jpg

Seriously, I'm flicking through the thread and I saw this. Are these two different games? If this is forza vs gt7....what are peeps even arguing about it looks so close and we should be happy for both. I'd say the top seems to have better environments and looking track detail etc while the bottom seems to have better overall lighting and car model?

Which is which?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Its clear to me that some of you never saw or played Forza Horizon 5 running on a high end pc. The level of detail is unmatched, the lighting is incredible and the world is the most dynamic open world in a racing game. I play the game maxed out at 4K with 90fps avg and it looks better than any other game you can name (i have played all of them on PC and PS5).

And those are all old screenshots before the RT and DLAA update

Here some direct gameplay shots (in HDR it looks even better)
51817558260_d4b7fb6419_o.jpg

51657546826_53f783112b_o.jpg

51817190489_a11b0da9e1_o.jpg

51817558360_8e99920747_o.jpg

51816954303_34604dbca4_o.jpg

51816956823_b904e7d656_o.jpg

51817557985_55b736a665_o.jpg

51679340311_e3f508c4c8_o.jpg

51655977234_f8a8c9f4bb_o.jpg

51817562535_8630b5423c_o.jpg
These look effing insane, I'm reinstalling with the 4090. Holy poop didn't know it looked this good.

GHG

Gold Member
Ah, the days when you could by a new car that wasn't white, black, silver or grey.

You still can if you're willing to buy new or put an order in, it's just that the most common colours that dealers order are the ones you listed. Most customers are boring unfortunately.

Last edited:

Senua

You still can if you're willing to buy new or put an order in, it's just that the most common colours that dealers order are the ones you listed. Most customers are boring unfortunately.
Higher resell value on cars of those colours too, so people feel pressure to stay in line

qCXQ4yy.gif

mrmustard

Banned
People in this thread are twisting themselves into knots to find some negative for forza. Or claim gt7 is superior in some way. Its not working. You can convince yourselves all u want, but its not working.

The new forza looks great, has raytracing during gameplay and is coming this year in the 2nd half. No amount of forum spin is changing that.
At least it's GT7 now and not again Drive Club with rainy weather. That was so annoying. On any racing game in any forum, Reddit, Twitter, Youtube etc. people came up with rainy Drive Club pictures.

Last edited:

Senua

Holy shit. On your picture it looks like a model.

Sorry, but this car is build like a cheap model.
Look how the spoilers does fit right. Funny.

Even this is a real car, it doesn't change anything.

ahijosG.png
German engineering! Homologation cars were typically slapped together, they didn't wana make them, they had to.

Also we were talking about headlights not car paint so this is all very confused!

Top Bottom