• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon Fans: Horizon 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Horizon 5

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Forza Horizon 4 is just a better game. The people, the racing, the environments, the climates, etc etc. I just recently tried both on pc game pass. I started with 5 believing it to be the latest and greatest. Horzion 5 is not a bad game but when I tried Horizon 4 it was a night and day difference. They share many common traits but to me Horizon 4 is the much better more fun game. Agree or disagree?

Airbus Jr

Banned
I havent played 4 and 5 ( 3 is my last)

Is there anything new or different there

The scenery in FH5 seems to be better than FH4 imo

Last edited:
I loved the 4th, prolly the best driving/racing experience ever made. Havent tried the 5th yet, too soon for what seems to be more or less the same thing. Maybe ill give it a shot next year. Why is the 5th inferior tho? Does it not have weather changes?

Fredrik

Nope, can’t agree on this.

The seasons were fun for awhile but in general the map in 4 is kinda boring, that’s probably why they added the seasons in the first place. 5 has the best variation yet on the map. 5 has superb DLC too with the Hot Wheels expansion which is almost like it’s own game. As someone who drive on the right side on the road irl I like 5 more for that reason too.

I liked 3 a ton though, at least on PC where it’s not stuck at 30fps, I’d say that it’s on par with 5, great DLC too.

Last edited:

Monad

As a rule of thumb, the current Forza Horizon gets the recognition it deserves when the next iteration launches.

However, the truth is that the launch of FH5 was quite disastrous (more than in previous games) and that negatively affected the experience and impression of the game for quite a long, especially for veterans.

The dialogues and characters are incredibly cringe too, even by Playground Games standards, but it's the most complete Horizon to date and the map is among my favorites (although I could be a bit biased, since I'm mexican living in Mexico).

Last edited:
I played both 4 & 5 a ton, and like each for different reasons.

4 is better in environment and the season changes really transform the look of the map way more then in 5.

5 is better in the overall physics, the cars all have more grip across the board.

I give the edge to 4, because it’s events/story bits were more fun and entertaining.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
forza-horizon-3-object-1660779802907.png

anthony2690

Banned
I think they are both excellent games.

I think it just comes down to being potentially burnt out from the series or the setting you enjoy more.

I loved both 4 & 5.

nkarafo

I agree. It even looks better IMO. 5 has a much more excessive auto exposure effect where you can't see anything more than a bright light around you, even if you are just under a small bridge that has a shadow. Modern devs really like this effect and make it worse with every new game release, while users think it's "realistic", lol.

The "story" and characters are also less annoying in 4.

I do like the Hot Wheels expansion more than the Lego one though.

Last edited:

Tunned

My play time on both games agrees with you OP, but the whole series has gotten so stale, I don't even have 5 installed any more. The series needs a major shakeup, thankfully the new Motorsport comes out next year.

The Shepard

4 is the best as it reminds me of driving around my home country in the UK. The seasons are much more distinctive to. Best racer ever imo, loved it. 5 is great to.

Bragr

Banned
Forza Horizon 4 is just a better game. The people, the racing, the environments, the climates, etc etc. I just recently tried both on pc game pass. I started with 5 believing it to be the latest and greatest. Horzion 5 is not a bad game but when I tried Horizon 4 it was a night and day difference. They share many common traits but to me Horizon 4 is the much better more fun game. Agree or disagree?
The people? what people?

I am surprised to hear this, I thought 4 had the worst map of the series by a long shot, I thought that was the agreed-upon view these days. Forza Horizon 5 brought back the more varied and more open landscapes as the third got.

Ultimately, the map is 95% of the game, the rest is the same. They still don't have a great campaign setup in these games. I always feel like there is never any particular goal.

Forza Horizon 3 is still the best IMO, Australia was perfect for this series. The entire "Mexico heritage" angle of 5 is terrible.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's so funny. Everything one of these games launches there always this feeling that the last one was better.

Can't wait for forza horizon 6 to hear about how good forza horizon 5 is lol

Forza horizon 3 was the best....lol

Reactions: PJX

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
If you're rating maps it's very subjective. In my opinion the series work best when it's set in (mostly) sunny environments. This makes the UK map my least favorite one plus I wasn't a fan of the seasons. The idea itself is okay, but not being able to change them on your own sucks and for instance if I don't like to play in the fall or winter I have to stop playing the game for a week.

Skifi28

I haven't played 5, but 4's cast and dialogue nearly made me die of cringe. I can't even image how bad 5 could be if 4 is better in that regard.

Last edited:
I don't like open world racing games, but FH is fun! I like more the main games (FM).

About the FH series, my fav are 3 and 5!

Last edited:
This Christmas sale almost got me with FH5. I have a 4090 so was really tempted to try it out for the ray traced reflections but honestly I don't even enjoy 4 that much to justify spending $40 on the new game. Thanks for the thread OP you saved me money.

Top Bottom