• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Fox Mulder

Yeah. There was an update that totally changed the scoring making it impossible to improve any scores obtained before the update and messed with the leaderboards as you say. I've been wanting to jump back in because all I really do on Horizon is drifting. It's made the game unplayable for me.

They added a drift club story recently with Mustang Mach-E 1400. I’m not a big drift guy but got three stars one every mission first try.

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

I’m really waiting for the first expansion to come out. I’m done with things to do. I basically jump in, get some seasonal stuff done to get the new cars, then I’m done. Sure, I could work on accolades, but the one I have left don’t really internet me. Instead I’ve been playing a ton of part 4 and realized how little I had done.

Fox Mulder

I’m really waiting for the first expansion to come out. I’m done with things to do. I basically jump in, get some seasonal stuff done to get the new cars, then I’m done. Sure, I could work on accolades, but the one I have left don’t really internet me. Instead I’ve been playing a ton of part 4 and realized how little I had done.

Yeah it came out in November and not a peep of an expansion or even car packs. They’ve only added the bare minimum new cars in festival playlist to keep people coming back each week.

Yeah it came out in November and not a peep of an expansion or even car packs. They’ve only added the bare minimum new cars in festival playlist to keep people coming back each week.

The weekly cars and rewards are very poor compared to previous games. Super wheelspins are an absolute rarity in the game unless you want to farm Forzathon points but waiting 10 minutes between arcade events is not exactly a blast.

I have been having a lot of fun with the custom events lab stuff. You can make some pretty interesting shit in the game now but they really aren't pushing it well. Searching for decent events is almost impossible in-game as well but I've managed to find some pretty unique stuff like this:

9UEwk1i.jpg

TttU30Z.jpg

First Horizon game where I got all bonus boards. There were some fun ones for sure.

If you look at this weeks event list they've included a T-Rex hunt which is kind of an extension of the bonus boards. Basically painted up T-reses hiding all over the map like the bonus boards to find. So far I've only found one of 15.

Södy

If you look at this weeks event list they've included a T-Rex hunt which is kind of an extension of the bonus boards. Basically painted up T-reses hiding all over the map like the bonus boards to find. So far I've only found one of 15.

Yeah already did it. 4 are in the right town near the festival site on a soccer field.

Last edited:

Danknugz

i've barely played this but did they ever fix the multiplayer so that you aren't forced to play free roam / cross country races mixed in with normal road races using the same car?

i've barely played this but did they ever fix the multiplayer so that you aren't forced to play free roam / cross country races mixed in with normal road races using the same car?

There were some changes made to Horizon Open so you can find races more catered to what you want to drive and what class you want to be in.

Horizon Tour still locks you to a car for the entire series though as far as I know. You get a preview of the upcoming races in the tour so you just have to pick an appropriate car. All street races, mix, all off-road, you have to pick something that will work throughout the tour. If you pick a Morgan 3-wheeler with slicks for a series with cross-country races it's really a you problem. Picking a good all around car is just part of that event. Honestly it's already painful enough waiting a couple minutes between races for players with HDDs to load up the next race, throw in car selection between events and it could be five minutes of sitting around waiting for other players between each three minute race.

Sorry guys, I got a little too competitive with the game and needed to find another club with more active players and people with times in the top 10k. I’m racing with GT Planet for now, but if I wipe their times I’ll find another club. I love rivals. The last 2 weeks I’ve been on a tear and re re re tuned my car and I’m top 5k or better on nearly every road track. I know I could do better if I stopped using the McLaren F1, but I just want to see how far I can push the car at this point.

Hopefully they announce the expansion on June 12th. I'd be lying if I didn't say I really want another Hot Wheels expansion. Lego wasn't horrible and the brick challenges brought accolades with them but the map was a bit of a letdown.

An update enabling the super-basic RT in-game as well as higher settings for draw distances for PC players would be nice too. The lighting in the game is top-notch, the game is really only held back by the draw distances and low resolution reflections. I'm also not sure why the headlight effects are deactivated during the daytime. On a real car the effect seen at night where the headlights illuminate the plastic lenses themselves doesn't go away just because it's daytime nor does the light patch on the road the headlights create. It's a strange decision as the effect makes the lights look much more realistic.

I was super stoked to see the Lightning included in the game, hopefully down the road they'll get the SVT Contour/Mondeo ST200 in the game. The car was a pretty important car for Ford so it's odd it's never seen a Forza game.
NfZKdFJ.jpg

beo9aDL.jpg

Fox Mulder

Hopefully they announce the expansion on June 12th. I'd be lying if I didn't say I really want another Hot Wheels expansion. Lego wasn't horrible and the brick challenges brought accolades with them but the map was a bit of a letdown.

Hot wheels would be cool and a chance to use the monster truck again that they limited you to only playing in a timed segment.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

An update enabling the super-basic RT in-game as well as higher settings for draw distances for PC players would be nice too. The lighting in the game is top-notch, the game is really only held back by the draw distances and low resolution reflections. I'm also not sure why the headlight effects are deactivated during the daytime. On a real car the effect seen at night where the headlights illuminate the plastic lenses themselves doesn't go away just because it's daytime nor does the light patch on the road the headlights create. It's a strange decision as the effect makes the lights look much more realistic.

I was super stoked to see the Lightning included in the game, hopefully down the road they'll get the SVT Contour/Mondeo ST200 in the game. The car was a pretty important car for Ford so it's odd it's never seen a Forza game.
NfZKdFJ.jpg

beo9aDL.jpg

I wouldn't mind a "stunt" track expansion. Give me old classic stunt movies with explosions and wild paths. I loved Lego and Hot Wheels, but I will say the LEgo one had an unnecessary long grind if you wanted all its achievements.

Pantz

Aw, heck. The game just told me it ran out of save slots for my tuning setups. I would always load a tuning setup from searches then search again and see if another one had green numbers for faster acceleration and never deleted any during that process. Gonna have to go through my cars one by one and delete all those one by one. All of this could have been avoided if it let you sort search results by, like, fastest acceleration, for example.

Aw, heck. The game just told me it ran out of save slots for my tuning setups. I would always load a tuning setup from searches then search again and see if another one had green numbers for faster acceleration and never deleted any during that process. Gonna have to go through my cars one by one and delete all those one by one. All of this could have been avoided if it let you sort search results by, like, fastest acceleration, for example.

I never understood the limit on tunes, paint jobs or even cars for that matter. I have several TB of free space and you're telling me I can't have another 1MB tuning file (it's probably smaller than that)?

Danknugz

is it worth it to get back into this game? at launch i set my dude up with purple hair, dress and high heels and that was about it. the menu / feature bloat was way too much and i intended to get back to it, wondering if there's decent multiplayer or if people are still forced to mix open racing courses in with road courses and other "catering to less skilled and casual players" stuff.

is it worth it to get back into this game? at launch i set my dude up with purple hair, dress and high heels and that was about it. the menu / feature bloat was way too much and i intended to get back to it, wondering if there's decent multiplayer or if people are still forced to mix open racing courses in with road courses and other "catering to less skilled and casual players" stuff.

It's the same game as it was at launch, the multiplayer has improved in that it's not broken, but the format has not changed. If you didn't like the game then you won't like it now.

There is a dedicated thread for the new trailer but since I updated OP with the info I figured I'd add in the details here as well.

If you played Forza Horizon 3, you may remember it's iconic Hot Wheels DLC. Taking place on an entirely separate island off the coast the map featured several biomes of it's own, a shipwreck area, a dense forest full of dinosaurs, a sprawling city full of skyscrapers and a huge mountain. Twisting through all of this were massive orange Hot Wheels track sections. The new Hot Wheels expansion was made in the same vein. It also features a sprawling new landmass with multiple biomes like a new mountain range full of live volcanoes, a hidden city built into a rock face lush tropical forests and a large canyon carved through the island. The expansion features a much larger area than before with more opportunity to exit the track sections. As with the Forza Horizon 3 DLC there are blue track sections you are able to swap out with different parts to change the very nature of the races that cross over those sections.

Expansion one also features new pieces for the track editor with a highly requested new snap feature to help line everything up.

I'm super stoked. I loved the Hot Wheels DLC in Forza Horizon 3 and this looks to be way bigger and way crazier than that was. Can't wait to try the new parts in the editor.

I'm also interested to know if there has been an update to enable more complex RT reflections in gameplay. The trailer states "All in-game footage" and clearly shows cars reflecting in each other. Currently even with the cheat engine trick RT does not enable other cars to reflect in your car's paint. It'll be interesting to see if this is being added or not.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Update is live!
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/7136577206803

General

• Added new localization languages
  • Added Subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, European Portuguese
  • Added Voice Over for European Spanish, Italian, Korean
  • Added new Forza EV Rivals event
  • Added Horizon Story Co-op
  • Added TAA option when playing on PC
  • Various stability and performance improvements
  • Fixed issue where hood and bumper cam was too dark during dusk and night time of days
  • In Series 9, the Accolade “It Just Works” now unlocks as intended once players have completed the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already fulfilled this requirement prior to this update will need to select and drive the car to successfully unlock the Accolade.
  • All players will now see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
Exploits

• Fixed exploit when using Photo Mode
  • Fixed exploit with gifted cars
Festival Playlist

• Fixed issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress

• Fixed rare issue where players matchmaking for Co-op Seasonal Championship can result in a player entering the wrong event
  • Fixed issue which could end up in wrong car class in an online race
  • Fixed issue which could cause Horizon Arcade events to not spawn
  • Fixed issue where players in a convoy could end up not seeing all other members of the convoy
Cars

• Added a duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filters
  • Added Freeroam convertible functionality to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider
  • Updated Volvo's logo
  • Fixed idle RPM on the 93 Nissan 240SX SE
  • Removed Forza Aero Splitter from the Maserati MC12
  • Fixed 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine audio when at high RPM
  • Fixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and 2011 RS5 interior cockpit dash
  • Fixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
EventLab

• Added Car Horns from Series 6 and 7 to EventLab
  • Added Orbit Cam option
  • Added stepped rotation
  • Added new camera speed options
  • Fixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could get disconnected
  • Fixed an issue where the stadium floor wouldn't load when starting an event nearby
  • Fixed an issue where props could remain in Freeroam
  • Fixed Rule Importing only showing events with Custom Routes
  • Fixed an issue with one of the flood lights which would appear invisible when placed

Hopefully TAA means they're getting things ready for the big update for the new expansion which will enable various reconstruction options like Nvidia DLSS or AMD FFX and raytracing to match what they showed in the Hotwheels trailer. The "in-game" tag on that trailer full of car on car reflections has gotten a lot of people asking on twitter but the Forza accounts have been maintaining radio silence on the subject.

Kilau

Gold Member
Servers still messed up after the update for anyone else?

I’ve gone back to FH3 Hot Wheels to finish up some stuff before the new dlc and it has me really looking forward to the new one.

93xfan

Banned
Servers still messed up after the update for anyone else?

I’ve gone back to FH3 Hot Wheels to finish up some stuff before the new dlc and it has me really looking forward to the new one.
Really hyped for the DLC. Absolutely loved the first one and look forward to 60FPS on console. Going to be a blast.

Here's the map for the new Hotwheels DLC. It's literally a floating island in the sky above Mexico with three distinct biomes centered around a hub. Not pictured are the orange track sections. Whether that's because they are interchangeable I'm not sure but the DLC will include the track sections as new parts for the track editor including the basic orange parts, blue track parts (like jumps, crash zones or speed boosters), magnetic tracks sections, etc.

Based on what was shown in the trailer these sections are pretty big and feature a ton of roads and paths not even counting the hotwheels track sections.

xKFm5bE.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the map for the new Hotwheels DLC. It's literally a floating island in the sky above Mexico with three distinct biomes centered around a hub world. Not pictured are the orange track sections. Whether that's because they are interchangeable I'm not sure but the DLC will include the track sections as new parts for the track editor including the basic orange parts, blue track parts (like jumps, crash zones or speed boosters), magnetic tracks sections, etc.

Based on what was shown in the trailer these sections are pretty big and feature a ton of roads and paths not even counting the hotwheels track sections.

xKFm5bE.jpg

Looks like an Apex Legends drop in.

Really enjoying this expansion so far. Tons of really fun tracks but also the amount of off-track routes all over have been making the races much better than in the FH3 expansion where you were almost exclusively stuck on the orange tracks. I also like the waterslides and magnet track sections. Even the orange track sections are improved as it's near-impossible to accidentally fall off the track edge when getting nudged in races now.

There are some pretty bananas sections that are almost Mario Kart 8 levels of disorienting.

25ulWet.jpg

EF3NdN4.jpg

H9RzIHz.jpg

Fox Mulder

The expansion is a bigger better hot wheel concept from FH3 and doesn’t even try to explain it existing. Just crazy and fun.

Those hot wheel cars they recently added to wheelspins are just given to you easily in the expansion. Good thing I didn’t spend credits sniping them from the auction house or grinding wheel spins.

Last edited:
Check your car collections people, in my game the rewards for manufacturer completions all reset and I re-acquired all the cars, cash and wheelspins from all of them.

giphy.gif

MastaKiiLA

I got this on PC a week ago, and this is my first Forza game. I can finally understand what all the hype and praise is about. This is a really fun game, and it's currently my go-to time waster, or the game I play when I'm not in the mood for anything in particular. The map is expansive enough that I've started to use fast travel, when I need to get more than halfway across it. Nice selection of cars. The customization options are nice, though the tuning feature seems pretty pointless. I haven't tinkered with it yet, and not sure I feel a need to. This is a game where going off-roading is a significant part of the gameplay, so I don't imagine I'll gain anything from tuning.

Anyway, I just wanted to share. This is one of the games I spec'd my laptop around, so I'm very pleased with the results. Cheers!

cormack12

Gold Member
I got this on PC a week ago, and this is my first Forza game. I can finally understand what all the hype and praise is about. This is a really fun game, and it's currently my go-to time waster, or the game I play when I'm not in the mood for anything in particular. The map is expansive enough that I've started to use fast travel, when I need to get more than halfway across it. Nice selection of cars. The customization options are nice, though the tuning feature seems pretty pointless. I haven't tinkered with it yet, and not sure I feel a need to. This is a game where going off-roading is a significant part of the gameplay, so I don't imagine I'll gain anything from tuning.

Anyway, I just wanted to share. This is one of the games I spec'd my laptop around, so I'm very pleased with the results. Cheers!
Tuning is essential for the festival playlists that reset usually, or if you wanna mess round with that stuff I guess.

I must say I don't really like the hot wheels stuff. Hoping next expansion is more my flavour.

nkarafo

The auto-exposure and post process effects in this game are awful

I can't see shit at times

qTzR5UA.png

UZZSv5E.png

A ton of modern games are infected with this shit. All these camera/lens effects that make everything harder to see because "cinematic".

Just look at this:

h6TUgKa.png

Guess the FH5 map is highly radioactive.

The auto-exposure and post process effects in this game are awful

I can't see shit at times

qTzR5UA.png

UZZSv5E.png

A ton of modern games are infected with this shit. All these camera/lens effects that make everything harder to see because "cinematic".

Just look at this:

h6TUgKa.png

Guess the FH5 map is highly radioactive.

It was honestly one of my biggest gripes with the game early on, coming out of tunnels when you aren't familiar with the map was super sketchy since you can't see what's immediately past the tunnel edge. It's a shitty effect and it shouldn't exist anymore. I'm playing the first Rage right now and it even does the effect better despite being 12 years old.

lukilladog

Are there any simulation mods around?, the one included is a joke, everything beyond 500hp runs and brakes better than a F1 car.

October will be bringing a 10th anniversary event to Horizon 5

Blows my mind that the "new" Viper was the cover car for a ten year old game. I swear it was just shown a few years back, then I remember it was actually shitcanned a few years back due to retarded safety regulations. Fatass people like me might not be able to squeeze out the window if we Darwin it off the road and land it on it's roof.

yamaci17

DLSS coming to FH5 🤔 (I hope its not DLSS3 exclusive if it happens)
8K ultra benchmarks btw
geforce-ada-8k-hdr-performance-chart.svg
It wil be DLSS 3 (officially), and as has been said before, DLSS 2 is a part of DLSS 3, so all DLSS 2 capable cards will be able to run it, only with Reflex (great!) and Super Resolution.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
It wil be DLSS 3 (officially), and as has been said before, DLSS 2 is a part of DLSS 3, so all DLSS 2 capable cards will be able to run it, only with Reflex (great!) and Super Resolution.
So what i understand is that if its DLSS3 supported i will still get DLSS2 type improvements on my RTX 3080ti correct?

yamaci17

So what i understand is that if its DLSS3 supported i will still get DLSS2 type improvements on my RTX 3080ti correct?
Yes, indeed. You will also get Reflex (hopefully) to reduce input lag at %99 GPU usage scenarios (unless you use a frame cap to manually limit your GPU usage). Reflex is there to reduce the input lag caused by frame interpolation, but since you won't be utilizing frame interpolation, you will get the full benefit of Reflex in GPU bound situations.

They also openly said that they will keep improving the AI model they're using for DLSS 2. So that's a bonus too. They're not leaving temporal super resolution (feature that DLSS 2 supports) behind.

lukilladog

I´m already bored lol, the physics and driving model is not engaging at all, I still have Test drive Unlimited installed with mods, I´d rather play that.

Top Bottom