• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
There's a green icon on the map that says 'Horizon Tour' iirc near the Mexico Festival site

U6k4bf9.png
So everything else can be started from the menu but this needs to be done via the map?

I made found a livery for the Wutang Flu Funwagon or whatever the fuck it's called. What a great addition to the roster. There are a ton of cool little cars that would have fit this game better than a Chinese utility vehicle. If they're going to load in more vans I'd rather have seen the Transit Connect or older vans like the VW Eurovan, The Nissan C22, The Toyota Previa, etc. Not to mention the absolute shitload of historically important enthusiast cars that have either been removed or never saw the Forza franchise.

aVCVwQo.jpg

Also, I can’t get the daily goal “Teamwork” to go through. Kind of frustrating since these Tours take forever.

I spent an hour trying to get through a tour but the group I was stuck with on the first run all kept ramming each other. I had to try another round and despite being pushed outside the flags by my own team member I managed to climb back up and get 1st. Of course half of those shitheads somehow managed to all place last and quit leaving just me and two other drivers. Blessing in disguise as he wasn't a retard and we got the event done despite one of those guys never left the starting line in the last race. Not the best quality people I've been getting paired with and honestly I'm not that great myself so if I'm pissing and moaning we're all in trouble..

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I made a livery for the Wutang Flu Funwagon or whatever the fuck it's called. What a great addition to the roster. There are a ton of cool little cars that would have fit this game better than a Chinese utility vehicle. If they're going to load in more vans I'd rather have seen the Transit Connect or older vans like the VW Eurovan, The Nissan C22, The Toyota Previa, etc. Not to mention the absolute shitload of historically important enthusiast cars that have either been removed or never saw the Forza franchise.

aVCVwQo.jpg

I spent an hour trying to get through a tour but the group I was stuck with on the first run all kept ramming each other. I had to try another round and despite being pushed outside the flags by my own team member I managed to climb back up and get 1st. Of course half of those shitheads somehow managed to all place last and quit leaving just me and two other drivers. Blessing in disguise as he wasn't a retard and we got the event done despite one of those guys never left the starting line in the last race. Not the best quality people I've been getting paired with and honestly I'm not that great myself so if I'm pissing and moaning we're all in trouble..

Ban in 3... 2... 1...

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
All caught up on seasonal challenges. I might go for the min max achievement since I'm already at 100% for summer and will most likely get autumn too. Just need to not have anything pop up in life that would demand my time & attention.

Also cleared up 3-stars on everything in single player. Only races lefts to get 100% wins on are cross country and rally. Might start on those tomorrow.

I made a livery for the Wutang Flu Funwagon or whatever the fuck it's called. What a great addition to the roster. There are a ton of cool little cars that would have fit this game better than a Chinese utility vehicle. If they're going to load in more vans I'd rather have seen the Transit Connect or older vans like the VW Eurovan, The Nissan C22, The Toyota Previa, etc. Not to mention the absolute shitload of historically important enthusiast cars that have either been removed or never saw the Forza franchise.

aVCVwQo.jpg

Finally got it after 3 rounds.

Fox Mulder

I made found a livery for the Wutang Flu Funwagon or whatever the fuck it's called. What a great addition to the roster. There are a ton of cool little cars that would have fit this game better than a Chinese utility vehicle. If they're going to load in more vans I'd rather have seen the Transit Connect or older vans like the VW Eurovan, The Nissan C22, The Toyota Previa, etc. Not to mention the absolute shitload of historically important enthusiast cars that have either been removed or never saw the Forza franchise.

aVCVwQo.jpg

You can tell they knew people would hate the Chinese cars and put work on them. This minivan has a wide body kit and can be upgraded to be pretty good.

Their social credit score definitely went up.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Man what the hell is going on with PG, why the hell do i need to download the full game again. 103gb for a stupid update that was supposed to be 5gb, what are they doing whit this game. Its the most buggy and glitched Forza game ever.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don’t know what changed in me. Before I didn’t care about accolades. Now I see them as a fun challenge. It’s given me a 3rd wind with the game.

I don’t know what changed in me. Before I didn’t care about accolades. Now I see them as a fun challenge. It’s given me a 3rd wind with the game.

When they were introduced to Horizon 4 as Brick challenges in the Lego expansion I saw the wall of shit to do and just said "fuck that"

Later I went back and started chipping away at them and realised it was a great way to pad a game. When the accolades were literally 20X the amount of things to do I had the opposite reaction. Not every time I pop back in to the game I can also chip away at the accolades.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
When they were introduced to Horizon 4 as Brick challenges in the Lego expansion I saw the wall of shit to do and just said "fuck that"

Later I went back and started chipping away at them and realised it was a great way to pad a game. When the accolades were literally 20X the amount of things to do I had the opposite reaction. Not every time I pop back in to the game I can also chip away at the accolades.

There is only one issue with that Lego expansion and it was one particular achievement to break X number of those special blocks. So damn stupid.

Otherwise the expansion was near perfect. I really hope that they bring these back somehow. Otherwise its a shame people will never be able to play them again.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I spent way too much time playing arcade mode today. I’ve got most of the accolades completed. I’m actually starting to enjoy Themis mode too. Shame you can’t always have access to the 5 types.

Also slowly putting up rival times.

skyfinch

Is there a way to earn Forza Points? I need another 400 points to get the Toyota in the shop but not sure where to earn that much.

Pantz

Gold Member
Is there a way to earn Forza Points? I need another 400 points to get the Toyota in the shop but not sure where to earn that much.
You can get some by doing the weekly event in the festival playlist that has 4 parts to it or by doing the arcade events (big pink circles on your map). Drift arcade events are easy to complete, even by yourself.

skyfinch

So I haven't done a lot of online stuff with fh5. But now that I'm trying, I cant get into any of the games. It just says joining a session then nothing happens.

Is it a thing in fm5 where you're not able to earn the weekly cars due to connection issues? I did all the single player events so I'm sort of stuck now. Really want the Zonda R and Toyota 1985

cormack12

Gold Member
So I haven't done a lot of online stuff with fh5. But now that I'm trying, I cant get into any of the games. It just says joining a session then nothing happens.

Is it a thing in fm5 where you're not able to earn the weekly cars due to connection issues? I did all the single player events so I'm sort of stuck now. Really want the Zonda R and Toyota 1985
Just check you ain't banned as well:

But I've had no issues joining the trial or other online stuff at all.

Sweden85

I have these problems from week to week.. Ive never been banned. They have sent out lots of internal messages in the game about the situation..its very common.

wvnative

I'm just now getting back into my flow with this game, skipped out the first few months since it seemed jank.

But I'm having issues or I'm just confused and seeking clarification on some things.

First, What is "Unlimited Buggies?" This isn't a category in the garage, and I tried multiple buggy type vehicles only to be told "Incorrect car". What does it want me to use? (Trying to do the trail blazer of the week)

Second, under the multi-step weekly forzathon challenge, "Own and drive the Formula Drift 2013 Corvette" well.....I own one (Got it from a gift drop) I'm driving it around...no checkmark is appearing... I remember these instantly completing in FH4 without issue, it bugged or am I missing something?

Finally, how do you get all the points for the week? By my calculations, doing everything displayed would still leave me quite a few points short...am I missing something here?

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm just now getting back into my flow with this game, skipped out the first few months since it seemed jank.

But I'm having issues or I'm just confused and seeking clarification on some things.

First, What is "Unlimited Buggies?" This isn't a category in the garage, and I tried multiple buggy type vehicles only to be told "Incorrect car". What does it want me to use? (Trying to do the trail blazer of the week)

Second, under the multi-step weekly forzathon challenge, "Own and drive the Formula Drift 2013 Corvette" well.....I own one (Got it from a gift drop) I'm driving it around...no checkmark is appearing... I remember these instantly completing in FH4 without issue, it bugged or am I missing something?

Finally, how do you get all the points for the week? By my calculations, doing everything displayed would still leave me quite a few points short...am I missing something here?
Unlimited buggies is a category, its 9 up from the bottom. If it's not there maybe you don't own a car in the category? I have Ariel Nomad 2016, Exomotive Exocet off-road 2018, Funco Motorsports F9 2018 and Penhall The Cholla 2011 if you want to try auction house?

Worked first time for me just now, but I think it has issues with forza editions and gifted. Try buying it and reselling it (its only 300k).

You can earn all points - are you also adding 7 points on for all the dailies (if you do them)?

wvnative

Unlimited buggies is a category, its 9 up from the bottom. If it's not there maybe you don't own a car in the category? I have Ariel Nomad 2016, Exomotive Exocet off-road 2018, Funco Motorsports F9 2018 and Penhall The Cholla 2011 if you want to try auction house?

Worked first time for me just now, but I think it has issues with forza editions and gifted. Try buying it and reselling it (its only 300k).

You can earn all points - are you also adding 7 points on for all the dailies (if you do them)?

Hmmm...it definitely isn't there, but I do have an exomotive exocat, but it's labelled rally monster and did not complete the challenge.

That'd be pretty awful but yeah I can try swapping for a non gifted variant.

You are right I forgot dallies.

Unlimited Buggies is a category, there are six cars in the category

It has to be this car, the #777 C6. If you did run that car, you should have gotten a little message popping up in the bottom center of the screen indicating the first part of the Forzathon Weekly Challenge is complete.
DVCPPJj.jpg

Double check on the Festival Playlist that it didn't actually trip and progress to the second stage of the Forzathon Weekly challenge. I haven't seen any indication that the event is bugged so it should trip immediately, you might have missed the notification. If not then I can only suggest restarting and trying again.

To get all the points you can do all the events and you'll still need to do every Forzathon Daily Challenge throughout the week as they activate. Currently there are still four that need to activate.

Hmmm...it definitely isn't there, but I do have an exomotive exocat, but it's labelled rally monster and did not complete the challenge.

You must be using the Forza Edition Exocet which is labeled a rally monster.

The regular Exocet is in a different category for whatever reason.

53lwkqK.jpg

Last edited:

wvnative

Unlimited Buggies is a category, there are six cars in the category

It has to be this car, the #777 C6. If you did run that car, you should have gotten a little message popping up in the bottom center of the screen indicating the first part of the Forzathon Weekly Challenge is complete.

Double check on the Festival Playlist that it didn't actually trip and progress to the second stage of the Forzathon Weekly challenge. I haven't seen any indication that the event is bugged so it should trip immediately, you might have missed the notification. If not then I can only suggest restarting and trying again.

To get all the points you can do all the events and you'll still need to do every Forzathon Daily Challenge throughout the week as they activate. Currently there are still four that need to activate.

Yes it is 100% that exact car, and yes I checked it didn't skip to part 2, part 1 is incomplete. I'm off the game now but will see if it straightens up tonight. and then try swapping for a non gifted version.

You must be using the Forza Edition Exocet which is labeled a rally monster.

The regular Exocet is in a different category for whatever reason.

53lwkqK.jpg

Wtf. Yep, that is probably the issue. That is awful.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yes it is 100% that exact car, and yes I checked it didn't skip to part 2, part 1 is incomplete. I'm off the game now but will see if it straightens up tonight. and then try swapping for a non gifted version.

Wtf. Yep, that is probably the issue. That is awful.

Someone probably gifted it you from the car pass, but I just realised you don't need to buy it, just win it from the playlist. Its the reward for the speed trap challenge which isn't too hard tbh

wvnative

Someone probably gifted it you from the car pass, but I just realised you don't need to buy it, just win it from the playlist. Its the reward for the speed trap challenge which isn't too hard tbh

I did that already, and I had two, so I auctioned one off. I think I sold the speed trap one though, not the gift one.

If this is indeed the issue that really outta get patched.

This is the product of too much shit going on. On one hand there's a never-ending pile of stuff to do, on the other there's a never-ending pile of shit to work out months after launch. They have so many things that need fixing it will be months still before it's all in order. Horizon 4 was much the same way.

On a lighter/happy note this bad boy got added in to the car pass. I always loved the SVO and it's addition brings me more hope that one day the Contour SVT/Mondeo ST200 might make the cut. With this they need to get the the Omni GLHS and or Daytona Turbo in the game to bolster the 80's turbo car selection.

QqtfE4T.jpg

g9HZ01O.jpg

Last edited:

wvnative

This is the product of too much shit going on. On one hand there's a never-ending pile of stuff to do, on the other there's a never-ending pile of shit to work out months after launch. They have so many things that need fixing it will be months still before it's all in order. Horizon 4 was much the same way.

On a lighter/happy note this bad boy got added in to the car pass. I always loved the SVO and it's addition brings me more hope that one day the Contour SVT/Mondeo ST200 might make the cut. With this they need to get the the Omni GLHS and or Daytona Turbo in the game to bolster the 80's turbo car selection.

QqtfE4T.jpg

g9HZ01O.jpg

I thought people were overrating the visuals in this game, but damn does photo mode really bring out the beauty. Who needs those dumbass "Brunette/Blonde/Redhead" appreciation threads in off-topic when we could just have a FH5 photo mode thread.

It is just me or are the cars in FH5 way more grippy then FH4? Going back and forth between them and FH5 cars seem to stick to the road way better.

Absolutely. Running a RWD car is now much more competitive than just AWD swapping everything in the game. I've actually been having more success sticking to RWD and FWD than I ever have in a Horizon game. Slapping drift tires on the car makes the cars way easier to drift too.

It probably also helps that it's almost never raining in FH5 vs the constant drizzle in FH4.

wvnative

giphy.webp

At least its cheap, happened to me in one of the playlists, couldn't use my preorder or car pass car and had to buy a dupe

Well it STILL isn't working wtf.

Dupe car didn't actually sell, so I switched to it, still didn't work. So I just bought a brand new fresh one at the autoshow, and that STILL isn't working.

I loved doing weekly challenges in FH4 but these bugs are turning me away.

Well it STILL isn't working wtf.

Dupe car didn't actually sell, so I switched to it, still didn't work. So I just bought a brand new fresh one at the autoshow, and that STILL isn't working.

I loved doing weekly challenges in FH4 but these bugs are turning me away.

As it turns out this week's shit is indeed bugged. Not sure if you're on PC or console but you could give these fixes a shot and see if any of them work:

PC/Console - Buy a brand-new car

A few players reported they were able to complete the challenge by buying a brand-new version of the 2013 Formula Drift Chevrolet Corvette #777 from the Autoshow. Unfortunately, the car is a little pricey at 300,000 Credits, and this workaround did not work for many other players and us.

PC - Restart everything​

A workaround with a slightly better track record than the previous one had players complete several steps to restart everything.

1. In Forza Horizon 5, go into Solo Mode from the "Online" tab of the Pause Menu
  2. Once you're in Solo Mode, force Forza Horizon 5 to quit by closing it or using the Menu button in the Xbox Guide
  3. Once Forza Horizon 5 has closed, fully restart your Xbox or PC
  4. Once your device is back on, restart Forza Horizon 5 and attempt the challenge again
Once again, this workaround does not appear to be reliable. This solution did not work for other players that attempted and us, but some apparently had luck with it.

Console - Clear reserved space​

For Xbox players, this workaround appears to be the most consistent, and is the workaround that worked for us and enabled us to complete the Weekly Challenge. Effectively, this equates to "clearing the cache" for Forza Horizon 5 and restarting the game.

1. Open the Xbox Guide, find Forza Horizon 5 in your recent games and highlight it, and press the "Menu" button on your Xbox controller to reveal more options
  2. If Forza Horizon 5 is running, select the "Quit" option to force it to quit
  3. After Forza Horizon 5 has closed, open the menu again and select the "Manage game and add-ons" option
  4. On the "Manage game and add-ons" screen, find and select the "Saved data" option
  5. On the "Saved data" screen, find and select the "Reserved space" option (do not touch your saved data)
  6. When prompted, select "Clear reserved space"
  7. Restart Forza Horizon 5 and attempt the challenge again. You may experience a longer initial loading screen
Hopefully, the challenge should work as intended after this workaround. Fortunately, the "Field Trip" Weekly Challenge isn't too difficult after you get past the annoying bug preventing progression.

I'm really enjoying Forza Horizon 5. It's the best racing car game I have played and the only one that comes anywhere near it is Forza Horizon 3.
I was thinking about what car combinations are people favourites?
At the moment these would be my list for best cars to flog around in.
Nissan GTR (R35) 2017. I got it tuned and currently its top speed in 439km/h and puts out 734kw. This is pretty quick and handles really well. It's great to race in and is one of the better all round racers.

My next favourite is the HSV Gen-F GTS 2014. I have tuned it to where is doing 448km/h and puts out 1,118kw. It's really quick and handles really well. Great car to hoon around in.

And the one car that actually is surprisingly good is the Jaguar C-X75 2010. I tuned it to a top speed of 415im/h and 954kw and this combination really races and handles well. I'm not a jaguar person, and when I ended up with the car I was going to gift I but thought I would just tune it and see what it would do and now its one of my most used cars.

What other cars to people recommend as great racing and handling combinations?

I generally try to use a different car every time I start a new race as I find building and setting up the cars is one of my favorite parts of the game. I do have several stand-bys though.

For S2 or X class I use the FH5 meme mobile, the Sesto FE. Sticks to the road like glue and gets up to speed super fast. Entirely useless off-road but whatever.
vVU5rDu.jpg

For most S1-S2 dirt/road races I use the newest GT-R in the game. Pretty stable all-around but also useful in light off-road cases with a tire/suspension change.
SbngJcK.jpg

For outright off-road in anything from B to S1 class I still lean heavily on the Jimmy. Partially because I've grown so used to it but also because it really excels on any cross country race with a lot of big jumps
GArktor.jpg

I have a huge affinity to the 80's and early 90s VWs so I have several set up for dirt/road races anywhere from C to S1 class. My first manual car was a MK1 Jetta almost 30 years ago now and I always wanted a Corrado. I left both FWD but they are still pretty competitive despite that.
zt0ERee.jpg

4BgPzFf.jpg

I'm interested in what other people's favorites cars are, even if it's not just game specific. Of the cars I've owned my favorite is still a shitty K10 Nissan Micra I bought for $50 and beat the shit out of for three years. I still have the hood hanging up on the wall in my home.

Have they fixed the Drifting yet?

What was wrong with the drifting? Do you mean the way scoring works? If so, I doubt we'll see any major changes to that anytime soon. I suppose you could pop in and try it again. Fixes are not exactly happening at a rapid pace for items like that. I think the leaderboards are even still all broken. There have apparently been some improvements to the online stuff but for the most part I play mostly single player or rivals modes and don't do a lot of drift events.

LostDonkey

What was wrong with the drifting? Do you mean the way scoring works? If so, I doubt we'll see any major changes to that anytime soon. I suppose you could pop in and try it again. Fixes are not exactly happening at a rapid pace for items like that. I think the leaderboards are even still all broken. There have apparently been some improvements to the online stuff but for the most part I play mostly single player or rivals modes and don't do a lot of drift events.
Yeah. There was an update that totally changed the scoring making it impossible to improve any scores obtained before the update and messed with the leaderboards as you say. I've been wanting to jump back in because all I really do on Horizon is drifting. It's made the game unplayable for me.

Top Bottom