• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

The trial always sucks ass.

The AI wasn’t always so insane though. They’ll just punt you off a checkpoint or into a tree now.
I had an idiot on my team force me wide to miss a checkpoint, we lost the round as a result :messenger_tears_of_joy: I’d been avoiding any chance of hitting him for a while to keep the points and only moved to pass him because he messed up a turn.

Don’t think I’ll do the trial this week because Hoonigan…

TDiddyLive

I had an idiot on my team force me wide to miss a checkpoint, we lost the round as a result :messenger_tears_of_joy: I’d been avoiding any chance of hitting him for a while to keep the points and only moved to pass him because he messed up a turn.

I’m not sure idiots like that realize it’s a team game in that mode.

Usually your teammates are bigger threat than the opponents. Plus the computer really only fields one great driver and one good driver so the rest should be fairly easy to stay ahead.

Fox Mulder

I can usually zoom past all teammates on the start with a tune and go off racing with the AI. They swerve and do all kinds of shit just like a human.

I’m not sure idiots like that realize it’s a team game in that mode.

Usually your teammates are bigger threat than the opponents. Plus the computer really only fields one great driver and one good driver so the rest should be fairly easy to stay ahead.
Yep, even a below average driver should absolutely be able to pass at least 2-3 opponents. Yet every time I play I have at 1-2 teammates sitting on last/second-to-last places, making it impossible to win. If I'm lucky, they leave after the first race and then we win 2nd and 3rd race. If they stick around, time to rage quit.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yep, even a below average driver should absolutely be able to pass at least 2-3 opponents. Yet every time I play I have at 1-2 teammates sitting on last/second-to-last places, making it impossible to win. If I'm lucky, they leave after the first race and then we win 2nd and 3rd race. If they stick around, time to rage quit.
I've been that guy a few times. Usually as a result of one of my team mates ramming me into walls or wildly off track. The MP in this game is honestly quite annoying. They should have done something to punish people who ram like that.

Haven't you head? Everybody is a winner now and it's better this way /s

I've been that guy a few times. Usually as a result of one of my team mates ramming me into walls or wildly off track. The MP in this game is honestly quite annoying. They should have done something to punish people who ram like that.

The worst of it is they have done quite a bit to combat un-sportsman-like driving, but people find new ways to drive like retards. In the team races a lot of the hidden assists like the auto-ghosting for big speed differences are disabled and you're at the mercy of the other drivers who either don't know or don't care about the rules.

I've done plenty of MP team races where I'll be solidly in first and the dipshit behind me will ballistic missile me off the side of a mountain just to be first, then proceed to end up 5th themselves while I'm stuck in the shit.

giphy.gif

This car is fun to drive and makes me smile. Glad it's back. It's much easier to drive in this game and can actually make some corners.

TI0yxWe.jpg

b8aEcRD.jpg

apONCBj.jpg

Hope the P50 makes it in the next round. I miss ripping around in my Little Tikes whip.

giphy.gif

Thanks! Don't understand why they don't put it near your CR or somewhere else. It's also partially covered when you enter the shop.

Because:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I moved my PC downstairs for VR racing. A side effect is now my racing wheel is much, much closer to the screen. Makes a nice difference tbh.

I also added on manual transmission. I'm surprised at how much more efficient it is in-game. I almost feel like it's cheating.

Fox Mulder

I moved my PC downstairs for VR racing. A side effect is now my racing wheel is much, much closer to the screen. Makes a nice difference tbh.

I also added on manual transmission. I'm surprised at how much more efficient it is in-game. I almost feel like it's cheating.

I just do dummy auto transmission for this arcade game, but using manual with clutch in regular Forza is much faster.

I’d like to do a wheel but don’t have the room right now and have been playing on controller my whole life anyways.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I might be dumb but how to play more races beyond the what "SP" has to offer, preferably in the convoy as a co-op experience. Those blueprint does not seems to be most popular thing here and most of the races are really short. Can someone help?

RAIDEN1

I gotta say some of the races though, I think near the volcanic ridge, the terrain is like built for a rugged off-roader, or an SUV yet for one event up there... all you get to choose from your collection is cars that are classed as "rare" so in my collection I had the BMW M5 I think along with a Ford Mustang, and I am having trouble controlling those cars in those races what with the tight turns etc...it is all off-road, both the cars have handling that makes them swing about so much the rest of the racers leave you for dead..... how are you meant to compete if you are restricted to what vehicles you can use for that event, specifically only to cars that are built for the road instead of vehicles that built for all-terrains...??? I then purchased one that was specifically built in a frame design/ a buggy like vehicle and that didn't fare much better...I'll likely donate it soon... :messenger_grinning_smiling: ...Or maybe it is just me not buying the right vehicle for the event...despite what was in my garage..

Last edited:
I gotta say some of the races though, I think near the volcanic ridge, the terrain is like built for a rugged off-roader, or an SUV yet for one event up there... all you get to choose from your collection is cars that are classed as "rare" so in my collection I had the BMW M5 I think along with a Ford Mustang, and I am having trouble controlling those cars in those races what with the tight turns etc...it is all off-road, both the cars have handling that makes them swing about so much the rest of the racers leave you for dead..... how are you meant to compete if you are restricted to what vehicles you can use for that event, specifically only to cars that are built for the road instead of vehicles that built for all-terrains...??? I then purchased one that was specifically built in a frame design/ a buggy like vehicle and that didn't fare much better...I'll likely donate it soon... :messenger_grinning_smiling: ...Or maybe it is just me not buying the right vehicle for the event...despite what was in my garage..

Tunes have a lot more impact on off-road races in this game than previous games.

If you haven't already try a few of the other player tunes and setups. You'd be surprised how much better handling a car can be or how much faster a properly set up car can go off-road.

cormack12

Gold Member

Alternatively, just go to your house or festival site then go into the find tuning menu and you can use ones that have been shared.

Some of them are named like EZ seasonal or road racing etc. Most of the events are using different road surfaces though with strange category cars which is frustrating some people (e.g. supercars on country and dirt with a little road)

ymoc

So FH5 still doesn't allow you to tune your car at the event? You got to drive all the way back to your house? Cause that makes so much sense. Who doesn't have a pro mechanic shop at their cottage?!

cormack12

Gold Member
So FH5 still doesn't allow you to tune your car at the event? You got to drive all the way back to your house? Cause that makes so much sense. Who doesn't have a pro mechanic shop at their cottage?!
You can still tune before races but can't buy tunes I don't think

ymoc

You can still tune before races but can't buy tunes I don't think
Even in coop mode online? That's a shame though. I play racing games veeery casually and I always just buy tunes from people who know their stuff. Not a deal breaker, but it would be a nice QOL improvement for me.

RAIDEN1

Alternatively, just go to your house or festival site then go into the find tuning menu and you can use ones that have been shared.

Some of them are named like EZ seasonal or road racing etc. Most of the events are using different road surfaces though with strange category cars which is frustrating some people (e.g. supercars on country and dirt with a little road)
This is what I mean, cars that aren't suitable for the terrain you are only allowed to choose those, the ones you are looking for or you have in your garage you can't use so are then forced to buy one just for that race, because out of the two you have options to choose from neither is suitable..

Been away from the game for a while since my PSU was dying and the game kept crashing as a result. Everything is all sorted out now so I'm back in time for the new season. I've been working on a Dodge Dart race car for about a week now between crashes, it's another simple looking but incredibly complicated paint job to recreate with gold decals and a lot of little sponsor decals.

This is the last paint job I finished. A bit on the easy side :messenger_grinning_sweat:
W73RVEc.jpg

JT14

Banned
Just finished the Goliath....man what an experience! I freaking love this game and I'm not even big on racing games. FH5 is a W for Gamepass owners

There, done another car. 1968 national record car which Terry Pringle ran a 10.15 in the 1/4 mile (that used to be a fast time, now we have clapped-out Fox bodies running 8s with room to grow).

I think the Hooker Headers logo took me two hours to make, the game has letters that are close, but just not close enough so I had to make them from scratch.

U9DBDMF.jpg

TTQJVAC.jpg

I also updated Optimus Prime
VPdEvP6.jpg

Fox Mulder

I took some time off and started playing again yesterday. This game is so good.

I missed the summer season and am trying to get as many of the current season done as I can before ends tomorrow.

This week was kind of dumb and required over 5 million credits to buy two cars for events that only gave regular wheelspin rewards. Then you had to drive the Bentley 100 miles.

This week was kind of dumb and required over 5 million credits to buy two cars for events that only gave regular wheelspin rewards. Then you had to drive the Bentley 100 miles.
I was doing that Bentley thing, did everything except the hundred miles - got up to 65 miles then called it a night. Next day the whole Bentley thing had reset and I lost all progress. Noped out of doing it again.

Fucking amazing game though. I have completed almost everything, just a few of the stories to go. DLC please.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I was doing that Bentley thing, did everything except the hundred miles - got up to 65 miles then called it a night. Next day the whole Bentley thing had reset and I lost all progress. Noped out of doing it again.

Fucking amazing game though. I have completed almost everything, just a few of the stories to go. DLC please.

They did give 100 FP for the stupid Bentley thing In a message. I just did a couple Goliath races as it blows the other vintage racers away maxed in S class.

I haven't checked this thread in a while.

Been busy in the livery editor. I went balls-out making Transformers cars.

Arcee
91grciK.jpg

Beachcomber
0PLA507.jpg

Brawn
jChDZJy.jpg

Hot Rod
PMVI4XV.jpg

Overdrive
xXAs3VN.jpg

Red Alert
etiOQNS.jpg

Sideswipe
8n5p85T.jpg

Smokescreen
Xjqa4GD.jpg

I also did a bunch of touch-up from Horizon 3/4 and Forza Motorsport 5/6/7 cars. The livery resolution no longer hides small misalignments so every old livery needs a once-over.

Majora's Mask Cobra
bXFqXSt.jpg

I miss the headlight covers from FM5
DAllUSe.jpg

Sunset Wagon
zrFz2qA.jpg

Lithuanian Police Audi
hZ5zOjv.jpg

EAS Rally Datsun 240
GAkaHSl.jpg

Labatt's M3
MUAaVxL.jpg

I have a few more WIP going now but am starting to burn out. Might be time to play something else for a while :messenger_grinning_sweat:

1mv7DOQ.jpg

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Ok it wasn’t that bad. Just a grind waiting on seasonal stuff, which I’m super bummed is so glitchy, totally killed my desire to complete each season.

You've only just begun!

Horizon 3 ended up with 3000 points

Horizon 4 ended up with 3610 points

Doing the math Horizon 5 looks like it'll end up with over 9000 points!

I failed math.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Trial was brutal this week with some proper potatoes out there. Rest was actually quite easy. Only got the trailcat and speed zone to do from the playlist.

RPS37

Feel like I’m still overwhelmed by all the shit I still have that I can do.
Unlocked all the festival event things and it seems really hard to find the specific events.

Random thought: I swear the graphics get a bump once you enter a race.

I hope I never have to drive the Trail Cat ever again

Next season will be 100% Trail Cat events including a tight auto-X event in the parking lot outside the stadium.

Actually, I just realized, there are cones in the event lab... I can make auto-x tracks in the parking lot outside the stadium... I know what I'm doing all weekend...
giphy.gif

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
So I started playing this, my first proper racing game. Learned I need to hit on the brakes. Anything I should be focusing early on? Just did my first expedition to Tulun.

Top Bottom