• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Fox Mulder

The eliminator so far isn’t as fun in this game. The map isn’t as fun or varied with no cities or hot spots and you run into the more dumbass rocks. Feels like cars can just fly off road when they couldn’t as well in FH4. So a high level jeep trail cat is going to get beat by something with more speed even off-road.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a Group B car pack. Can't believe there are no Audi rally cars in this.

There's the short wheelbase Sport Quattro and you can slap the rally motor and body parts on it to basically make the Quattro A2. The Quattro S1 was in previous Horizon games so it'll probably appear in a Forzathon event. Other Group B cars that were in previous games are the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo which might appear again in a Forzathon update.

There are other Groub B cars in the game though. Opel Manta B400, Peugeot 205 Turbo 16, Ford RS200 Evo (and the custom Hoonigan RS200 Evo), Porsche 911 SC/RS, MG Metro 6R4 are still there.

SXrwQhv.jpg

All the Fiat Chrysler Group Euro brand cars (Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo), including the Rallye 037, Delta S4 which were removed from the game at the last minute. They recently merged with PSA (Peugeot) and are undergoing a shake-up so licensing is likely the cause of all the missing cars. Playground wasn't exactly happy to drop that news as it happened very late in development.

There are a ton of other well-known rally cars with all the cosmetic and engine upgrade parts to make them look/perform like the rally cars they are based on. Keep in mind too at launch Forza Horizon 4 had around 450 cars, but ended up with well over 700. This game started with close to 550 despite losing three manufacturers with 20 cars in the roster.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Wasnt there a similar situation with FH3 or 4 - where some Japanese brands were not in the game at all? Like Toyota and Nissan, I think? I cant remember exactly which ones.

But I hadnt noticed until now that Lancia, Fiat, and AR were missing.Its weird that they cant just make a one-time deal and be done with it. Must be frustrating for PG and other devs to always have to secure new deals every time. Especially with franchises like Forza and GT where you know there will be another game coming soon.

———————————————-

0fc6d2b2-44e7-4aaa-a8pajke.png

318c2de1-b3a4-44df-985ujs8.png

Snowman guy taking a timeout

37de8607-33d5-4d85-96wajjv.png

Fox Mulder

It sucks that Lancia is gone, I loved the Stratos and pretty sure they were in every game since the first Forza Motorsport. This game will be supported for a few years with new car packs and expansions. They were putting out new cars for FH4 the whole time free just with the weekly events.

The big ass tankpool FE truck is pretty op stock in A class. It’s an unbeatable AI killer.

Last edited:
The forzathon weekly challenge with the trophy truck is pretty lazy. Four tasks to do and two are exactly the same.
I wasn't sure how that worked - I did the first two, but not the second yet. Does it just start counting again for the second set? That must be a mistake/oversight - can't imagine they would have planned it that way...

Im not gonna let it go, even if i have to mail them everyday. I really don't understand how he mark it as 'solved' when its clearly not lol. I understand that they have there hands full of bugs with more priorities than this but this is not the way man. The bug really destroys my rain shots in photomode.
This is one of the things that sucks about game companies today. There will be hyped up features like ray traced reflections or hdr that never get fixed. Why? Because the devs have moved on to other things and they know only a small percentage of people have next gen systems, high end RT cards, and hdr TV's that the amount of complaints they get don't really affect their bottom line. Why fix something when your resources could be going towards the next dlc, expansion, or game. I think its very prevalent and not a good way to treat their customers.

Last edited:
Been spending a lot of time in the livery editor again. Touched-up the F&F Supra, still needs a couple tweaks but it's coming along. I'm not happy with the green splash down the side so I'll probably delete it and start over.

While I'm glad they have the correct wing, rear bumper and side skirts it's annoying they still don't have the correct Bomex front bumper cover or the correct hood to make the car. While I made my own hood, it's still painted-on vents. It's still fun recreating these cars though.

52qU54I.jpg

qZjXBSa.jpg

BCZYkpv.jpg

I'm currently finishing up the #99 King Motorsports Mugen Acura RSX that, while a simple race livery, has a bunch of manufacturer decals to replicate. I try not to just do close approximations of decals either so things like the graffiti-styled "Infinite" in the Mugen 無限 Power logo take a lot of time for something that will be less than a inch across on-screen. The livery editor has actually been a life-saver as my other hobby is building models and I can't run my airbrush. I currently don't have a place indoors to do so and it's -30C outside.

Last edited:
Thinking of downloading this on pc via game pass today but after 5 hours was hugely let down by FH4.

Have they fixed the terrible progression issues in this one? There was literally no reason to drive well in FH4 and thus it felt utterly pointless. Please tell me that they've fixed this and it's now actually a racing game?

Do we need to race well to progress? Can we time trial a track Vs our ghost and others? Does it even actually save our best time on a track? Number 4 did none of these things and so I felt no draw to actually play the game after the graphics wore off.

Fox Mulder

Thinking of downloading this on pc via game pass today but after 5 hours was hugely let down by FH4.

Have they fixed the terrible progression issues in this one? There was literally no reason to drive well in FH4 and thus it felt utterly pointless. Please tell me that they've fixed this and it's now actually a racing game?

Do we need to race well to progress? Can we time trial a track Vs our ghost and others? Does it even actually save our best time on a track? Number 4 did none of these things and so I felt no draw to actually play the game after the graphics wore off.

no progression and they even made stuff like drift scores easier than previous games. All while saying you’re the best racing superstar ever. It’s just the game they want to make for a broad audience. It can be fun and looks nice, but there’s no challenge.

Last edited:
Finished the King Motorsports Acura. I was working mostly off the sales site from the last time this car was sold. The thing has been racing for twenty years now and has been fully rebuilt a couple times. There's a lot of bumping and grinding in touring car racing so it's cool to see it still rips.

JnOVmMC.jpg

jkcENIx.jpg

Do we need to race well to progress?

May as well not beat around the bush. If you couldn't get into FH4 you won't be able to get into FH5.

Can we time trial a track Vs our ghost and others? Does it even actually save our best time on a track? Number 4 did none of these things and so I felt no draw to actually play the game after the graphics wore off.

You were looking for Rivals mode. Rivals pits you against a ghost car in time trials. If you beat that rival it will pit you against another rival and you can hotlap until you decide to quit. You can also pick your rival from the leaderboards. If someone beats you from your friends list, club or someone you set as a rival you'll get a notification they beat you.

Horizon games keep track of your times in the Rivals section, which keeps track of best times in each performance class on each circuit and point-to-point race in the game.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Absolutely a stunning game .. playing it on Extreme settings with the highest settings like RT and everything + no HUD

Just Wow the details and the sky with that detailed clouds! Damn

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Finished the King Motorsports Acura. I was working mostly off the sales site from the last time this car was sold. The thing has been racing for twenty years now and has been fully rebuilt a couple times. There's a lot of bumping and grinding in touring car racing so it's cool to see it still rips.

JnOVmMC.jpg

jkcENIx.jpg

May as well not beat around the bush. If you couldn't get into FH4 you won't be able to get into FH5.

You were looking for Rivals mode. Rivals pits you against a ghost car in time trials. If you beat that rival it will pit you against another rival and you can hotlap until you decide to quit. You can also pick your rival from the leaderboards. If someone beats you from your friends list, club or someone you set as a rival you'll get a notification they beat you.

Horizon games keep track of your times in the Rivals section, which keeps track of best times in each performance class on each circuit and point-to-point race in the game.

Im getting ready for some sim racing.. Forza Motorsport gonna be wild. Next gen only.

Did they finally add RT?

You can activate it in-game on a PC using cheat engine but as of now the only place the RT is in the game is in Forzavista mode. It's a very limited example of raytracing that only affects your own car but just having it active makes a big difference. Other cars don't reflect in your paint unfortunately. Hopefully the next Forza Motorsport gets the ball rolling with in-game RT reflections.

I honestly don't know why they don't patch it into gameplay, running with it active I wasn't seeing a perceptible performance hit.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
You can activate it in-game on a PC using cheat engine but as of now the only place the RT is in the game is in Forzavista mode. It's a very limited example of raytracing that only affects your own car but just having it active makes a big difference. Other cars don't reflect in your paint unfortunately. Hopefully the next Forza Motorsport gets the ball rolling with in-game RT reflections.

I honestly don't know why they don't patch it into gameplay, running with it active I wasn't seeing a perceptible performance hit.
They still didn't patch the photomode bug and other things so i don't think we will get it any time soon. On the other hand i found some nice improvements on the Ferrari 458 in FH5 vs FH4. It seems that they did improve some car models and parts, now im curious which cars they improved. And the glass shaders looks incredible ( something we both agreed that lacked a bit in previous Forza's)
ZUjh2tc.jpg

xUPBLZ9.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I am so bummed that I can't go back and get the cars from the last 2 seasons since I was on holiday. Really glad to get back and put some more time into the game however.

Fox Mulder

I am so bummed that I can't go back and get the cars from the last 2 seasons since I was on holiday. Really glad to get back and put some more time into the game however.

It’s still early and they’ll cycle back around a couple ways in the game’s life. The V2 Hoonicorn from like the first week is going for 15+ million credits on the AH and will certainly show up again sometime.

Last edited:
I still have raven the toy, awesome design dude.

I've got a few M.A.S.K liveries up in the game right now.

Gator
FhfV0b3.jpg

Firecracker
xUL9u29.jpg

Jackhammer
3IVHC64.jpg

I'm making Hurricane, Detonator, Shark and Stiletto next. Still waiting on a 1980s 300ZX so I can make Manta

I have the Thunderhawk ready for wherever the car makes it back into the game.
vl5U7G9.jpg

They still didn't patch the photomode bug and other things so i don't think we will get it any time soon. On the other hand i found some nice improvements on the Ferrari 458 in FH5 vs FH4. It seems that they did improve some car models and parts, now im curious which cars they improved. And the glass shaders looks incredible ( something we both agreed that lacked a bit in previous Forza's)
ZUjh2tc.jpg

xUPBLZ9.jpg

The photomode time-passage bug is about half the reason I've been spendng more time in the livery editor so it's been a blessing in disguise :messenger_grinning_sweat:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The offroad races are so goddamn annoying in this game. It's like drivatars don't care that it's not tarmac and they keep the same traction and speed and even with rwd cars. I thought that copy-pasting stuff will be my biggest complaint in FH5, but no, it's the drivatars. The AI needs a complete overhaul to give you the same chances of fighting regardless of the surface and without having to rely on changing the difficulty (which isn't possible in online championships from the playlist).

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
All of the Horizon Adventure "chaptered' events are such a drag. They really need to rethink the single player campaign for FH6.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

yeah I’m not playing eliminator anymore. Spend the match finding cars and winning head to head races and then some cheating fuck goes like 300 mph to the finish.

Hope it’s fun for them I guess. This is why cross play with pc cheaters is fucking dumb.

Last edited:
yeah I’m not playing eliminator anymore. Spend the match finding cars and winning head to head races and then some cheating fuck goes like 300 mph to the finish.

Hope it’s fun for them I guess. This is why cross play with pc cheaters is fucking dumb.

Yesterday I got to the final 5 in the Beetle and when the final race started I was so close there was no way I'd lose, but going through some trees I somehow got jammed on a piles of logs and it took me forever to get rolling again. I ended up third. I was about to pick up my monitor and break it in half over my own head then take a shit directly into my PC before murdering everyone in my neighborhood, but then I remembered I was a superstar and that's not how superstars do things.

Any suggestion for a 1970s car for the seasonal rally event - Feliz Navidad?

I used the 1970 International Scout 800A and got it right away after failing with two separate car-based choices. I noticed the AI were mostly using trucks and pulling away from me hard on the straights. You need to keep in mind how car PI is calculated in Forza. Essentially each car is virtually run on a virtual track and how it performs there dictates the PR. This has always produced discrepancies in Forza games with cars like the Dodge Dart in past games being almost game-breaking. The Scout has a big torque monster V8 and doesn't weigh a lot for a truck so it does really well off-road with off-road tires. It happens so suck on pavement so it doesn't do well on the virtual course resulting in a low PI.

All of the Horizon Adventure "chaptered' events are such a drag. They really need to rethink the single player campaign for FH6.
I’m leaving them until last because they are weak af. Heading towards getting all the achievements though, so I’ll have to suck it up at some point.

I’m about ready for the first DLC announcement please MS.

Orbital2060

Yesterday I got to the final 5 in the Beetle and when the final race started I was so close there was no way I'd lose, but going through some trees I somehow got jammed on a piles of logs and it took me forever to get rolling again. I ended up third. I was about to pick up my monitor and break it in half over my own head then take a shit directly into my PC before murdering everyone in my neighborhood, but then I remembered I was a superstar and that's not how superstars do things.

I used the 1970 International Scout 800A and got it right away after failing with two separate car-based choices. I noticed the AI were mostly using trucks and pulling away from me hard on the straights. You need to keep in mind how car PI is calculated in Forza. Essentially each car is virtually run on a virtual track and how it performs there dictates the PR. This has always produced discrepancies in Forza games with cars like the Dodge Dart in past games being almost game-breaking. The Scout has a big torque monster V8 and doesn't weigh a lot for a truck so it does really well off-road with off-road tires. It happens so suck on pavement so it doesn't do well on the virtual course resulting in a low PI.
I didnt know it works like that with the PI. I think I got the Scout 800A. Tried with a few other cars and havent been close to keep up on this event.

Thanks!

The offroad races are so goddamn annoying in this game. It's like drivatars don't care that it's not tarmac and they keep the same traction and speed and even with rwd cars. I thought that copy-pasting stuff will be my biggest complaint in FH5, but no, it's the drivatars. The AI needs a complete overhaul to give you the same chances of fighting regardless of the surface and without having to rely on changing the difficulty (which isn't possible in online championships from the playlist).
It's especially fun when you have a big jump and the landing slows you down to 20 mph while the drivatars just keep driving at almost full speed. Good times.

twilo99

ZUjh2tc.jpg

xUPBLZ9.jpg

That's insane level of detail

Finished this little Nerd's Shoe. There is some Kanji on the spoiler on the real car but I can't make it out clearly enough from the images I was referencing so I'll have to leave it for now. Still came out pretty good.

hbtrQS8.jpg

waMMAQn.jpg

Is there any way to see your Drivatar racing style?

Ask your friends or you could fire up a secondary free account on your home console/PC and race against it but there is no easy in-game way to just observe your avatar. My feedback is that mine is a complete piece of shit that shouldn't be allowed to drive. This pleases me.

It's especially fun when you have a big jump and the landing slows you down to 20 mph while the drivatars just keep driving at almost full speed. Good times.

For any race on a course with massive jumps you absolutely need to use rally springs or that will happen. With the right tune and parts you'll barely lose speed from even the highest jumps.

The different springs, differentials and tires make a way bigger difference in this game than previous Horizon games for better or worse. On one hand it's cool that the parts actually have a use now outside making the car look lifted, but at the same time it created busy work setting up cars for specific events which not everyone wants to do. In previous FH games I just slammed everything because it looks cooler but in this one it's too easy to get hung up off-road in a drift-tuned car.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Ask your friends or you could fire up a secondary free account on your home console/PC and race against it but there is no easy in-game way to just observe your avatar. My feedback is that mine is a complete piece of shit that shouldn't be allowed to drive. This pleases me.

Lmao at the bolded. This is my fear. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

sinnergy

I've got a few M.A.S.K liveries up in the game right now.

Gator
FhfV0b3.jpg

Firecracker
xUL9u29.jpg

Jackhammer
3IVHC64.jpg

I'm making Hurricane, Detonator, Shark and Stiletto next. Still waiting on a 1980s 300ZX so I can make Manta

I have the Thunderhawk ready for wherever the car makes it back into the game.
vl5U7G9.jpg

The photomode time-passage bug is about half the reason I've been spendng more time in the livery editor so it's been a blessing in disguise :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I also got a real toy of gator .

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Anyone else’s game just randomly stop reading button presses? Yesterday it was the map, then it was camera mode. Today it’s rewind. No matter what button I assign it to, the game refuses to read it. It’s getting pretty frustrating.

Anyone else’s game just randomly stop reading button presses? Yesterday it was the map, then it was camera mode. Today it’s rewind. No matter what button I assign it to, the game refuses to read it. It’s getting pretty frustrating.
Hmm, that's interesting - was happening to me (on the d-pad in menus) and I assumed it was my controller so bought a new one in the Amazon sale :messenger_tears_of_joy: Only $40 so not a disaster... Will see if it's still happening tomorrow with my new Shock Blue. I gave it a run on Halo Infinite tonight not Horizon.

I'm super excited - have done all the festival playlist for the first time, and just need to complete the next two days of daily challenges to grab that achievement. If it glitches I may well fly to Playground's offices to wag my finger in person. I hate The Eliminator, so suffering through that this week was painful. I almost won so many times, including a heartbreaker when I hit a tree 500 yards from the finish and came second.

This game though. Unputdownable (it's a word).

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hmm, that's interesting - was happening to me (on the d-pad in menus) and I assumed it was my controller so bought a new one in the Amazon sale :messenger_tears_of_joy: Only $40 so not a disaster... Will see if it's still happening tomorrow with my new Shock Blue. I gave it a run on Halo Infinite tonight not Horizon.

I'm super excited - have done all the festival playlist for the first time, and just need to complete the next two days of daily challenges to grab that achievement. If it glitches I may well fly to Playground's offices to wag my finger in person. I hate The Eliminator, so suffering through that this week was painful. I almost won so many times, including a heartbreaker when I hit a tree 500 yards from the finish and came second.

This game though. Unputdownable (it's a word).
Yes. I am addicted as well. I've only got 4 of the Test Drive story beats (3 rounds each) left otherwise everything else is done with 3 stars. I've even been enjoying Eliminator mode.

This in-game season will also be the first that I am getting all the points available (65/65 IIRC).

There are some quirks that annoy me but overall the game has been fantastic.

Took a break because I got a PS5 but came back yesterday to do some races and retuned my cars…. Holy shit aero + weight reduction seems to always outclass going for power. After I retuned my car I was able to take back a couple times from New York Fynest on the rivals leaderboards.

I now have 4 McLaren F1s, 2 RWD and 2 AWD one of each with aero tune and the other a power tune. It’s crazy to see the difference taking each one out. Same car and class S1, but the tunes make a huge difference. Might as well be 4 different vehicles s

Last edited:
Top Bottom