• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Kagey K

Banned
Who is “ New York Finest” ? You’re pretty good man, really gonna have to dig deep to beat some of these times.
He used to post here as New York Finest think he got permed a while back.

Must still be lurking, we miss you man, reach out to support and see if they will let you back if you are interested in coming back.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Was working on the last of the bonus boards tonight - got down to the last two (the one in the rocks, and the one on the bridge support) when the accolade and achievement unlocked. I definitely have two still to do, but for some reason it gave me the 250. Not complaining :messenger_tears_of_joy: Still want to get them for completion’s sake, but I can stop for now.

What a great little mini game that is though. The sense of achievement hitting the one of the power pylon and the one on the apartment balcony is immense.

Last patch seems to have fixed all the issues too.

Can’t wait to see what they have planned for the DLC.
Mines done something similar with the roads. 575/578 but it unlocked.

Kagey K

Banned
Tips for beating the train? The acceleration is so shit on the car.
Drive good.

Lol I'm not really joking. It's just about taking the corners right. You can't slow down too much but you can't blow them either.

Just stay on the line and push it a bit harder than the game suggests you do, easy win.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Drive good.

Lol I'm not really joking. It's just about taking the corners right. You can't slow down too much but you can't blow them either.

Just stay on the line and push it a bit harder than the game suggests you do, easy win.
Yeah there’s a hairpin and I slowed right down plus it doesn’t do very well in the little off-road bit but will keep trying.

Last edited:
Yeah there’s a hairpin and I slowed right down plus it doesn’t do very well in the little off-road bit but will keep trying.

If you're using the line, this might help a bit. The line is a suggestion and is very conservative/safe in Horizon. Often it's not the right line and I think people misunderstand what the colors mean in the line. I'd suggest running a braking only line and working towards shutting it off entirely, though in Horizon games it's handy for the blind corners of when going through the woods.

Something I notice a lot racing ghosts in rivals is that other players wait to brake until the racing line turns red, as if they're literally using the red line as an indication to "brake here". If you're using the red line as the braking zone it typically means you'll be trying to turn and brake at the same time. That will upset the car's balance and lead to you having to correct over or understeer depending on the vehicle.

The red is just a warning that your speed is to high for that section, it's not the braking zone. With the line on, when you approach a corner you should be making the red section change to yellow/blue or disappear before you even reach it, meaning all your braking should be complete before you even reach the corner. Doing so means you can then coast to the apex using only minor throttle input and accelerate from there as the car straightens out. The result is I lose a little ground braking into the corner, but by mid corner I've caught up and I easily outpace them exiting the corner while they fight for traction. By the next corner I'm way ahead as I've had better traction and have been accelerating longer, rinse, repeat.

Basically you do all the braking while still going straight so you can accelerate sooner without oversteer while exiting in RWD cars and avoid understeer entering the corner in AWD or FWD cars.

Kind of a shit doodle but good enough, the blue/red is the in-game line
KheTSBm.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

The red is just a warning that your speed is to high for that section, it's not the braking zone. With the line on, when you approach a corner you should be making the red section change to yellow/blue or disappear before you even reach it, meaning all your braking should be complete before you even reach the corner.
It also really depends on the car/tune though, you should push the car as far as possible so you get a good feel of how much you have to take the line's "advice" so to speak; there's cars where I can just blast through a corner even though the line is telling me to "slow down".

It also really depends on the car/tune though, you should push the car as far as possible so you get a good feel of how much you have to take the line's "advice" so to speak; there's cars where I can just blast through a corner even though the line is telling me to "slow down".

That's right, you can definitely get away with a lot more in a car with a good tune. The line doesn't take the tune into account, just what it predicts based on the car's specs. It's really just a conservative line meant for beginners. The line also has several points where it displays red because it's confused about the track layout. You'll see this a lot at intersections or where a road branches.

oh, another series of busted events that don’t work.

Yup. Game stopped tracking my progress on the accolade challege to smash all the Christmas things. Stuck at one snowman, 24 trees and 25 candy canes.

I do like the decorations all over the place though. Love the pinata snowmen.
YjHSjCU.jpg

my5iHax.jpg

hRomiQS.jpg

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
So i just received a mail from the Forza support about the reflection bug in photomode...
d7xP0uY.png

Turk1993

Brilliantly solved.
Im not gonna let it go, even if i have to mail them everyday. I really don't understand how he mark it as 'solved' when its clearly not lol. I understand that they have there hands full of bugs with more priorities than this but this is not the way man. The bug really destroys my rain shots in photomode.

Im not gonna let it go, even if i have to mail them everyday. I really don't understand how he mark it as 'solved' when its clearly not lol. I understand that they have there hands full of bugs with more priorities than this but this is not the way man. The bug really destroys my rain shots in photomode.

I think it's marked as "solved" as in that representative literally cannot take that ticket further and the issue has moved up the line to someone that can deal with it and the rest of the major issues. At least that's what the reply you got vaguely indicates (deliberately vague is industry standard) These support guys are mostly there for issues they can work through like people who didn't let the game finish downloading before they tried to launch it, hardware compatibility problems or people who can't figure out the game menus and assume the game is broken. They will go back and forth with those issues until they are a)resolved or b)get fed up quit. Your issue is way above their pay grade and will require a developer to fix so they mark it solved to end your interaction with him and the ticket moves on to the next step where you're both no longer involved.

After that your issue depends on how many people are reporting a similar issue for how much priority it gets. I also submitted a ticket for the issue and would ask anyone reading this to please take a couple minutes do do so as well.

Does time still advance in your photomode? I get really nice shots lined up and by the time I have the settings decent it's been an in-game half-hour and the shot is gone as the clouds and sun have all moved. My only option is to use basic settings and rapid fire the camera before the shot is gone. Really annoying. I submitted a ticket for that as well.

Turk1993

I think it's marked as "solved" as in that representative literally cannot take that ticket further and the issue has moved up the line to someone that can deal with it and the rest of the major issues. At least that's what the reply you got vaguely indicates (deliberately vague is industry standard) These support guys are mostly there for issues they can work through like people who didn't let the game finish downloading before they tried to launch it, hardware compatibility problems or people who can't figure out the game menus and assume the game is broken. They will go back and forth with those issues until they are a)resolved or b)get fed up quit. Your issue is way above their pay grade and will require a developer to fix so they mark it solved to end your interaction with him and the ticket moves on to the next step where you're both no longer involved.

After that your issue depends on how many people are reporting a similar issue for how much priority it gets. I also submitted a ticket for the issue and would ask anyone reading this to please take a couple minutes do do so as well.

Does time still advance in your photomode? I get really nice shots lined up and by the time I have the settings decent it's been an in-game half-hour and the shot is gone as the clouds and sun have all moved. My only option is to use basic settings and rapid fire the camera before the shot is gone. Really annoying. I submitted a ticket for that as well.
Yeah its probably like that, make sense now you said it. And that rolling tod in photomode is really irritating, but does it also happen in offline mode? Im gonna try it out and see if that makes a difference.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
FH5 is the only racing game I've been playing since release - performance mode on my 120FPS capable OLED.

Last night I loaded GT Sport for the first time since FH5's release and ..... wow. Like playing in mud with a film of mud on the lens. I may have to just delete it. Impossible to go back.

JayK47

Noticed they removed the landscape photos from FH5. I kind of liked those. Had to go back to FH4 to race in the 70 Corvette. Never did get one in FH5.

I hope FH5 gets some good DLC. Does anybody else want the DLC to be simply added onto the existing map, or do you like the separate locations like past games?

Gek54

Remember back when Turn10 made a big deal about tire audio feedback, about how important it is to hear the wide range of different levels of tire scrub?

And of course they were on point, it is the most important sound effects in a racing game.

Yet now it's terribly downgraded in FH5 to where it's inaudible unless you basically have the car sideways or are locking or roasting the tires.

And then they get an award for best Audio design? How does that happen?

I have been going back and forth between FH4 and FH5 on the Series X at 60fps and FH4 overall is the more impressive and more enjoyable driving game over all.

The improved wheel force feedback and engine noise is nice in FH5 but the heavy motion blur, the constant distracting heavy LOD pop in, the broken lighting caused by windscreen tint in FH5 makes for a downgraded frustrating experience, its less convincing, less immersive.

Save for the Wheel forcefeedback guys, feels like everyone else at Playground has lost the plot.

Last edited:
Maybe I played too much Forza Horizon 4, but I really miss the original Forza Horizon's campaign, where you started from the bottom. You starting out as the "superstar" makes getting these nice and expensive cars dull. The showcase events feel incredibly hollow. The worst part of Forza Horizon 5 is the festival playlist (it's better than Horizon 4), as it is just a very monotonous checklist that kind of makes the rest of the game feel mundane.
It's still a quality game, but just everything about it feels hollow. I'd like to think that maybe this is a meta-commentary on the emptiness of show business and how meaningless festivals are, but that is completely impossible.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I saw there was a new update for FH5 on GP PC, so I initiated it and it's making me re-download the whole game. Same thing happened last update that broke a bunch of things in the game. Hopefully this update fixes some of the issues introduced with the update from a couple weeks ago. I was playing it obsessively and that update derailed my fun.

Deanington

I just want to say that street races are the most fucking frustrating thing. The stop go tight turn bullshit, turning a corner on a street to hit on coming traffic, other racers hitting you, and stop/slow too late on a corner there is no coming back from that shit, ugh. It's like trying to turn a train off rails. Hate em, but holly fucking shit does it feel good to win one.

I just want to say that street races are the most fucking frustrating thing. The stop go tight turn bullshit, turning a corner on a street to hit on coming traffic, other racers hitting you, and stop/slow too late on a corner there is no coming back from that shit, ugh. It's like trying to turn a train off rails. Hate em, but holly fucking shit does it feel good to win one.
I lower PSI for street races as opposed to Road/ track races. Generally it seems the street races are on more rough pavement / surfaces in general.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And if you are like me I never use the rewind I want those mistakes to hurt

Though I used the crap outta the rewind getting all the bonus boards

GHG

Gold Member

They are the best races in the game by an absolute mile.

TheMan

Maybe I played too much Forza Horizon 4, but I really miss the original Forza Horizon's campaign, where you started from the bottom. You starting out as the "superstar" makes getting these nice and expensive cars dull. The showcase events feel incredibly hollow. The worst part of Forza Horizon 5 is the festival playlist (it's better than Horizon 4), as it is just a very monotonous checklist that kind of makes the rest of the game feel mundane.
It's still a quality game, but just everything about it feels hollow. I'd like to think that maybe this is a meta-commentary on the emptiness of show business and how meaningless festivals are, but that is completely impossible.
I agree, I think I miss having to climb to the top. I think most people like using supercars from the get go but for me a sense of progression is more compelling than checkboxes

Got on and had a couple super spins and a normal spin and ended up with a handful of cars. I think the super spins were a weekly bonus for the premium edition but I can't remember. Nice, fat smacker-roo of dopamine in the first 5 minutes.

The Hot Wheels car looks pretty fucking awesome.
Hot-Wheels2.jpg
Forza Tech Halo would look amazing...

Fun fact:

The Boneshaker, Twinmill and other Hotwheels cars in Horizon are based off real working cars. Some were based off old Hotwheels, others were made after holding contests to come up with new car ideas.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

The hot wheels monster truck was a dirty tease. You got to drive it in a timed mission for a couple minutes in the stadium and never again. It was fun doing flips and shit.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

There are some proper fucking melons that do the trials.

the event always sucks ass, but the game doesn’t do anything to teach new people anything either while calling you the best racing superstar ever.

everyone just assumes players should know how to play team games, upgrade their cars with correct tunes, and can hang with unbeatable AI.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
the event always sucks ass, but the game doesn’t do anything to teach new people anything either while calling you the best racing superstar ever.

everyone just assumes players should know how to play team games, upgrade their cars with correct tunes, and can hang with unbeatable AI.

I'm mainly talking about the gimps who think if they win they can carry the team as well, who don't look at the scores/scoring and bash into their team members. Really pisses me off. I was in 2nd yesterday, red behind and blue behind him by a little distance. We were down by 5 points on the last stretch. So I drove defensively, slowed the red down on the racing line behind me so the blue could catchup. He did, overtook us both and I finished 3rd but the team won just because of awareness.

Sweden85

We were leading by a wide margin in the trial last week...we were 1,2,3...number 3 decides to push us other out from the track so we miss the checkpoint...I was very happy.. xD

Fox Mulder

it’s kind of lame the accolade reward cars aren’t special. I won 10 races in each category on unbeatable difficulty and one car goes for 45k in the auto show. The reward for doing all accolades is a regera you can just buy already.

Last edited:
it’s kind of lame the accolade reward cars aren’t special. I won 10 races in each category on unbeatable difficulty and one car goes for 45k in the auto show. The reward for doing all accolades is a regera you can just buy already.

If they locked an exclusive-tier car behind the accolades the reverb from the union of their cries would shatter the moon. People already can't be asked to do a 3-race championship against highly-skilled AI to get exclusive cars. If they discovered the only way to use a car they liked was to play the game for 1000 hours they might just shit themselves and die.

FH5 is the only racing game I've been playing since release - performance mode on my 120FPS capable OLED.

Last night I loaded GT Sport for the first time since FH5's release and ..... wow. Like playing in mud with a film of mud on the lens. I may have to just delete it. Impossible to go back.
I actually had the same experience. It shocked me so much I made a quick drifting video comparison. Imagine GT Sport was considered the Pinnacle of last gen, now looks like a mobile game if I'm being honest. Looking forward to GT7

Last edited:
Top Bottom