• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Wizz-Art

playground games must have put their best people on Fable or something.
Seems like, I now wanted to reclaim a car that didn't sell on auction and was met with the loading circle for 20 minutes or so - went away for a bit. After quiting the game and restarting it everything worked again but I shouldn't have to do that, I hope they patch it soon!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
From a spin;

95Cm0vk.png

TDiddyLive

The latest patch mostly fixed The Eliminator, which was broken as all heck with half the cars invisible and the other half you couldn't challenge. I'd rather have this patch with the Series X memory leak. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
I finally got my first Eliminator win last night, but there is no way this patch is preferable than the game running smoothly in almost every aspect. The trade off is in no way worth it.

I finally got my first Eliminator win last night, but there is no way this patch is preferable than the game running smoothly in almost every aspect. The trade off is in no way worth it.
Depends on what you want to do, if you spend a lot in the auction shop and tuning then its awful, if you play multiplayer its worth it. Although its been buggy this morning and Eliminator is unplayable again.

LostDonkey

Game is utterly broken right now. Can't tune, can't paint, can't buy new cars or I have to go back to dashboard and force shut down the app because of the infinite save bug.

Also drift zones are completely fucked they have messed with the scoring and now you don't get anywhere near as many points with the exact same lines.

Waiting for fix.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I haven't had any freezing issues. Is it limited to the Series S & X? I'm on an old XboneX and haven't encountered any freezing so far thankfully.

Tunned

Did launch control stop working for anyone after the patch? It sure did for me :/
Thankfully it's the only "broken" thing I've experienced ingame after the patch. I'm on PC btw.

GloveSlap

I haven't had any freezing issues. Is it limited to the Series S & X? I'm on an old XboneX and haven't encountered any freezing so far thankfully.
I'm on OneX as well, and the patch is a massive improvement for me. Only problem was i got stuck in a part that didn't load in one time, but a fast travel fixed it. First time i'm glad to be stuck playing on this system, lol.

Wizz-Art

I also have no freezing issues, there is this bug where if the game needs to save something - for me it's in the auction house putting cars on sale or reclaiming them when an auction finishes where the car didn't sell - where the saving circle keeps spinning and nothing happens while the sound continues like normal. But it's also random too, I just put up 4 cars without any problem for instance so it's a mystery for me why it triggers.

About the patch, I play in performance mode on the XSX and there the pop-in was pretty noticeable, but now it's almost like it's completely gone, I'm not imagining it, it isn't there anymore or I haven't been in the right area's yet to test it further...

Definitely buggered a bunch of shit for Series X players. I'm on PC and have been clean sailing since the patch outside a few small things that I'm not entirely sure were from the patch as I'm doing more multiplayer stuff right now.

I have noticed a few off photomode things I don't think were there before like the time advancing and shadow resolution stepping down way closer to the camera than it should. I also notice a small hiccup after loading into the map from a menu if the game is in online mode. It doesn't happen if I'm in Horizon Solo.

Hope they iron this out for the next seasonal update, there's a bunch of holiday themed Christmas and New Years stuff happening to the map and it would suck if people who are interested missed out.

Fox Mulder

Is anyone elses xbox sx hanging on saving content?

yes.

I forced closed the game and it wouldn’t open back up requiring a full console restart, which hung and kept flashing a light on the console for a couple minutes.

this shits busted and I can play other stuff instead.

Last edited:

sertopico

The latest patch forced me to uninstall the game completely and install it back on PC, since the update process failed all the time. After the experience with Quantum Break 6 yrs ago I see the MS Store and the digital download platforms from Microsoft still suck. After reinstalling it it worked but it looks like the IQ got worse, even if I'm playing at max settings. Also the loading times are muuuuch longer now, it was almost instant before. I'm on a nvme drive.

Last edited:
Some of the 5K ones you need certain cars to get to. The one on the beach hotel you need an S1/S2 class with a high off-road rating to get enough speed before the ramp. Most you can get just by using an S2 or S1 and rewinding the jump each time until you get the right touch to land on it.

93xfan

Banned
Some small details I noticed:

-waves are bigger in the summer and biggest in the fall season

-shadows change every frame in the 30fps version, making it smooth and consistent when it changes. Really appreciate that

abcdrstuv

Banned
I just did the character selection.. it goes out of its way to let you choose to have prosthetic arms and legs (one or two) of different colors.. don't think there was an option for one arm and one leg smh. I love seeing new accessibility options starting up games (Far Cry 6), it feels inclusive in a good way, but, that's accessibility and not "identity".. Like two of the thirty character options were white, with no skin color selector - decentering accomplished! I could give a shit, but that's the point, it's meaningless and trivial stuff and the try-harding is hilarious. Apparently some trans people were "shocked and upset" to be called by their pre-transition names right away because they'd never changed them on their account. I know the identity stuff is a little bit like being left-handed in a world built for right-handed people, but not every little oversight needs to be a f*cking trauma and here are so many things unique about people other than their basic categories of social identity, it's such a bizarre fixation. It feels like it's half progress and decency and half like, enabling petulant narcissism. People with cleft palates are ONCE AGAIN erased!

JayK47

Not liking most of the story missions. And I am unable to beat some of them. The last thing I want to do is get the final barn find. It is taking forever to get finished. Maybe it won't trigger unless I do something.

TDiddyLive

Not liking most of the story missions. And I am unable to beat some of them. The last thing I want to do is get the final barn find. It is taking forever to get finished. Maybe it won't trigger unless I do something.
The story missions do suck. On a lot of them you can ignore the path and head straight to the finish. And I’m pretty sure if you just keep doing races eventually the barn find unlocks. The final one for me took longer to appear than probably the 4 before it combined.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Does anyone know what the patch did or didn't do? Am still getting the first car alphabetical wise on my list being the default starting car whenever I load up the game.

Does anyone know what the patch did or didn't do? Am still getting the first car alphabetical wise on my list being the default starting car whenever I load up the game.

The last big patch notes from the 3rd:

FH5 Release Notes: December 3rd, 2021 – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

The patch fixed a lot of things but also messed some other things up on the consoles. They released a small update yesterday to fix saving issues on Xbox Series X but are working to fix all the other issues the patch created.

I'd much rather they repair issues as they appear and not sit on it until they find more issues. It seems saving up fixes and dumping them all at once isn't working.

Fredrik

No save/load freezing at all last night after downloading the patch. 👍

———
Finally got the hall of fame achievement, main quest finished I guess, tons of stuff left to do though and 37 hours played so far, it’s such a beefy game. Noticed that more than 12 million had tried it now. Insane!

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Decided to try and mop up some playlist stuff for the Trueno last night.

Game crashed on me four times and I gave up. I had zero crashes in the 80 hours I put in before the latest patch on PC.

With Infinite on my doorstep I think Forza is going on the back burner until they stabilize stuff.

Improving myself to the point where I could win 40 Unbeatable races was by far the high point of this game for me. That self imposed challenge seemed impossible when I first started.

Definitely going to be mopping up the last dozen bonus boards and a handful of races and I'll check out the new holiday Series between other games but I'm gonna call this one "beaten" for now.

What a fantastic game. Excited to see how it evolves.

Fox Mulder

this game has way easier missions and pr stunts than previous ones. Most of the story routes can be cut massively in a straight line to the finish for 3 stars.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
One is tied to purchasing a house, FYI

I am super bummed I won’t get to play this for like 2.5 weeks due to travel. Please enjoy on my behalf. 😥

Forza Horizon 5 is on Xcloud if you have access where you're going. That way you could at least check out some of the winter stuff and maybe complete the odd challenge or buy something in the Forzathon shop if you see something you like.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Forza Horizon 5 is on Xcloud if you have access where you're going. That way you could at least check out some of the winter stuff and maybe complete the odd challenge or buy something in the Forzathon shop if you see something you like.
I’m going to be on a tropical island spending as little time as possible with technology. I’ll be alright I hope.

JayK47

Well I am done. Last barn find is still being rebuilt and it has been going on forever. Not sure what I need to do besides wait. Looking back at FH4, the barn finds in FH5 are awesome. Also like going back to driving on the right side of the road. A solid entry to the series that felt too short. Still wish the wheel would have worked better, but I managed without force feedback.

Was working on the last of the bonus boards tonight - got down to the last two (the one in the rocks, and the one on the bridge support) when the accolade and achievement unlocked. I definitely have two still to do, but for some reason it gave me the 250. Not complaining :messenger_tears_of_joy: Still want to get them for completion’s sake, but I can stop for now.

What a great little mini game that is though. The sense of achievement hitting the one of the power pylon and the one on the apartment balcony is immense.

Last patch seems to have fixed all the issues too.

Can’t wait to see what they have planned for the DLC.

JayK47

Forgot that I never did get all the barn finds in FH4. The last one is locked behind the 10 million dollar castle. At least in FH5, they locked one behind a cheap house.

Top Bottom