• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Gives You the Ability to Be a Non-Binary Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Only if that person corrects me and I keep using the wrong pronoun. Now why would I do this? Most people (irl, forget era) will not come for you if you misgender them because they know you're not obligated to know what they want to be called. But of they tell you and you insisting on the contrary, it's on you.
Exactly.

Big problem with the They crowd is they think everyone has ESP and know what to call them. Its like the Gamestop Maam Guy. Clerk isnt a mindreader. He's going off first impressions. How the hell is the clerk supposed to know if that giant guy in make up wants to be a Sir or Maam? It doesn't even have to be with people who are obviously different. I'm a guy and everyone can tell I am. Lets say I think I'm actually trans and think I'm female even though I look and sound like a guy. How is anyone going to assume I would be a They?

It's a no win situation. Either you guess right and it's smooth sailing (as it is 99.9% with everyone else). Or you make the wrong call and get grilled.

Last edited:

Aenima

Exactly.

Big problem with the They crowd is they think everyone has ESP and know what to call them. Its like the Gamestop Maam Guy. Clerk isnt a mindreader. He's going off first impressions. How the hell is the clerk supposed to know if that giant guy in make up wants to be a Sir or Maam?

It's a no win situation. Either you guess right and it's smooth sailing (as it is 99.9% with everyone else). Or you make the wrong call and get grilled.
Cant wait for ppl to start wearing gender tags in their cloths like if they are in a blind date.

Swift_Star

Banned
Exactly.

Big problem with the They crowd is they think everyone has ESP and know what to call them. Its like the Gamestop Maam Guy. Clerk isnt a mindreader. He's going off first impressions. How the hell is the clerk supposed to know if that giant guy in make up wants to be a Sir or Maam? It doesn't even have to be with people who are obviously different. I'm a guy and everyone can tell I am. Lets say I think I'm actually trans and think I'm female even though I look and sound like a guy. How is anyone going to assume I would be a They?

Like I said, most people won't come for you if you unknowledgeable misgender them.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Like I said, most people won't come for you if you unknowledgeable misgender them.
But these smart ass professors will 100% correct you - “it’s doctor professor John!”
I don’t see anyone calling me master degree man lol.

and the gender is still just a gender. You either make children or born them. If they want to be called whatever pronoun, nobody cares what they want just as why anyone would care what I want…

Last edited:

Exoil

Only if that person corrects me and I keep using the wrong pronoun. Now why would I do this? Most people (irl, forget era) will not come for you if you misgender them because they know you're not obligated to know what they want to be called. But of they tell you and you insisting on the contrary, it's on you.

I have to say yours and my experiences differ.

I have to say though, the ones who respectfully and politely tell me their preferred pronouns I'm doing the courtesy, the other, bigger group, I'll gladly and proudly tell their real pronoun.

Last edited:
Good for those that want it. What I don't like, however, is most of my wheelspin clothes are dresses that I, with my he/him setting, have no plans on using and they feel like wasted spins.

Interfectum

Vine Ok GIF

I was actually going to say earlier that the world needs somehting like an asteroid strike, not extinction level, but something that is going to wake the world up from this lunacy and to what is important, not this nonsense.

maybe a fresh start is in order. time for god to flood the earth again.

Kokoloko85

I don't know why you feel threatened by something so innocuous but maybe you'll grow out of it when you grow up. idk

Its not about being threatended. The idea of non binary doesnt make sense.

Just because you identify as something or not doesnt make it true. Your born a male, you are a male. Your born a female, you are a her/she etc. People can cater all they want by putting a He/Him on twitter but its some dumb stuff

If you don’t feel like a boy, your still a boy. This isnt the 60’s where people will judge you for not liking sports or liking balle etc

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Did you guys see the Ignite conference? Microsoft is going easy on us with Forza Horizon 5.

"Here at Microsoft, we'll begin by acknowledging that our swanky multi-billion dollar corporate headquarters exists today purely thanks to the historical raping and ravaging of at least 10 distinct indigenous tribes.

"Some of the descendants of these peoples are still alive, many of them shunted off to live on jobless, destitute reservations collecting welfare checks and wishing for death in between swigs of cheap liquor and injections of fentanyl.

"Wowzers! Now, let's move on to listing our preferred pronouns, skin color, ethnic backgrounds, hairstyles, and outfits of the day."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom