• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 crosses the line at No.4; Call of Duty holds No. 1 | UK Boxed Charts

AlexxKidd

From GI.biz,

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11Call of Duty: Vanguard
22FIFA 22
73Animal Crossing: New Horizons
New Entry4Forza Horizon 5
45Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
New Entry6Jurassic World: Evolution 2
37Mario Party Superstars
88Minecraft (Switch)
New Entry9Shin Megami Tensei 5
610Guardians of the Galaxy

kyliethicc

MorXMOF.jpg

elliot5

Forza Horizon 5 on release day lost to a 2017 Nintendo game (animal crossing) is not good man

And i saw mario party and mario kart deluxe there

Arent those old game? Holy shit nintendo are stronk in UK now
PHYSICAL sales... Physical means jack shit. Series S is ~50% of all Series sold in the UK. None of those sales are taken into account in these charts. We already know FH5 sold gang busters digitally due to the early access period hitting like 3.5M players.

Whereas Switch is mostly physical sales

Airbus Jr

Banned
PHYSICAL sales... Physical means jack shit. Series S is ~50% of all Series sold in the UK. None of those sales are taken into account in these charts. We already know FH5 sold gang busters digitally due to the early access period hitting like 3.5M players.

Nintendo also has their own digital stores right?

How do you know/assume its not selling well there

Last edited:

elliot5

Nintendo also has their own digital stores right?

How do you know/assume its not selling well there

Nintendo doesn't publish digital numbers (i don't think) and Switch is heavily physical compared to PS/Xbox. And Xbox is way more digital. It could be selling great digitally, but without the full picture (as is always the case with these UK threads..) there's no point in jumping to conclusions. Evergreen Nintendo games are gonna sell very well when supply for OLEDs or whatever is good (as must've been the case this week, as there's no reason otherwise for a 99% jump).

Darsxx82

Forza Horizon 5 on release day lost to a 2017 Nintendo game (animal crossing) is not good man

And i saw mario party and mario kart deluxe there

Arent those old game? Holy shit nintendo are stronk in UK now
Physical sales and does not include digital. At the end of the week they usually announce the physical + digital data.
On Xbox, and especially the case of FH5, the percentage on digital is notably higher than on PS. Hence, the UK physical data is now useless to know the reality of sales.
The last example is COD Vanguard where 80% of sales on Xbox were digital versus 67% on PS5 (COD Vanguard digital + physical is 57% PS vs 43% Xbox)

Thief1987

Physical sales and does not include digital. At the end of the week they usually announce the physical + digital data.
On Xbox, and especially the case of FH5, the percentage on digital is notably higher than on PS. Hence, the UK physical data is now useless to know the reality of sales.
The last example is COD Vanguard where 80% of sales on Xbox were digital versus 67% on PS5 (COD Vanguard digital + physical is 57% PS vs 43% Xbox)
FH5 first week sales are 80% lower than FH4, there is no way that with such massive drop digital will compensate this decline.

Mr Moose

That's because it's not on PS.
Did you add physical sales % to digital sales % and came up with 80% v 67%?
FH5 first week sales are 80% lower than FH4, there is no way that with such massive drop digital will compensate this decline.
It's available day one on PC now though, I don't think FH4 was(?). Though GP would offset sales.
Edit: I am wrong, it was.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

From the same source that provides the data for this this thread @Chris_Dring. Which corroborates the calculation on Twitter. In fact I was wrong and the difference is 64% on PS5 vs 80% on Xbox.

It's available day one on PC now though, I don't think FH4 was(?). Though GP would offset sales.
Then 80% less refers to physical which was much lower than the digital sales in FH4. In FH5 even less. Physical is useless today.

It has over 8.5 million players worldwide. This physical only UK chart is meaningless in an attempt to represent such a thing. In fact, one territory's numbers will be meaningless to that overall result even if we had the whole pie because we know it ain't just people in the UK playing this game. We already saw over 3.5 million playing in early access, if not more than that.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
People really arguing about Forza sales when the game's on Game Pass and can be played for £1 on a burner account, sheesh

The game's doing great, I dunno why people are so determined to undermine that with b-b-b-buts about physical and digital

Flintty

That’s impressive, considering the huge early access numbers, likely digital purchases on the S and of course Gamepass.

Thief1987

Yeah it was day one on gamepass PC, i played it that way.

Mr Moose

From the same source that provides the data for this this thread @Chris_Dring. Which corroborates the calculation on Twitter. In fact I was wrong and the difference is 64% on PS5 vs 80% on Xbox.

He didn't say that was accurate at all, only said 29% are physical. Where did the 70 / 30 come from? 52 is higher than 48.

Darsxx82

He didn't say that was accurate at all, only said 29% are physical. Where did the 70 / 30 come from? 52 is higher than 48.
??? He rectifies the calculation by providing the data of 29% of total physical sales.
He is corroborating the data when he also adds that the total sales are 57% vs 43% which is very very different from the 70% vs 30% that resulted if we only looked at the physical sales. Which reveals the unnecessary of the physical sales data.
The percentage of digital sales on Xbox is much higher than the percentage on PS5. It's a fact and it's totally understandable under the circumstances 50:50 XSX vs XSS there.

Mr Moose

??? He rectifies the calculation by providing the data of 29% of total physical sales.
He is corroborating the data when he also adds that the total sales are 57% vs 43% which is very very different from the 70% vs 30% that resulted if we only looked at the physical sales. Which reveals the unnecessary of the physical sales data.
The percentage of digital sales on Xbox is much higher than the percentage on PS5. It's a fact and it's totally understandable under the circumstances 50:50 XSX vs XSS there.
FELyV_SWUAQLDQ6

52% of the digital sales are on PS according to that tweet. 52 is higher than 48.
Where does the 70 / 30 physical numbers come from?

I wondered how this would look, cause I genuinely wonder if we should even care to look at the physical #'s since Microsoft is pushing people towards digital/gamepass more than ever. I don't even know if I've seen an advertisement from them about actually buying the boxed version of Forza(Yet the email I have tied to my Xbox/MS Account has received like 20 ads over the past month to download it on gamepass).

Like does it matter anymore? Genuine question

Worst selling COD in UK in 14 years and still number 1, just shows the numbers that COD puts up compared to other games.
And besides what all the complainers are saying about ww2 setting and the false claim the ww2 guns are probably boring it is a great installment and has more maps day one than the last 2 did half way through their respective years.

I'm enjoying it much more than the last 2 on release.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
People really arguing about Forza sales when the game's on Game Pass and can be played for £1 on a burner account, sheesh

The game's doing great, I dunno why people are so determined to undermine that with b-b-b-buts about physical and digital
Because digital sales are often hidden, so people fanwar over it assuming it's zero.

I'd like to see any of then downplay Adobe who's been on sub plan for years and hasnt sold a copy in a store in ages. No more $600 copies of Photoshop at Best Buy. Any physical sales tracker for graphic design software would show Adobe at zero for years.

Yet Adobe is at record stock price, sales and profits.

Last edited:

reksveks

It's about doing the ratios between physical and digital across both and then accounting for the final ratio between xbox and ps and the ratio of xbox and ps just for physical. That gives you the digital splits between xbox and ps. Then you can divide the digital xbox percentage by the total xbox percentages.

r55JtAP.jpg

Happy to be corrected if I have fucked something up.

Darsxx82

FELyV_SWUAQLDQ6

52% of the digital sales are on PS according to that tweet. 52 is higher than 48.
Where does the 70 / 30 physical numbers come from?
Man it's not that difficult. You just have to follow the thread and data offered.

Previously the data was given in physical data and from there it comes out 70% (PS) vs 30% (Xbox) in physical sales. At the end of the week, the total data physical+digital is known, which is 57% (PS) vs 43% (Xbox). It's just a rule of three. If Chris himself provides the data that 29% of the game's total sales are digital ... you already have the calculation done.

anthony2690

Banned
I don't think you realise how small the UK retail sales are in comparison.

Also FH4 had a retail premium version with early access, I was hoping FH5 would, so I think this is a big factor, if you wanted early access you had to go digital.

As it didn't, I purchased a retail standard version and the £40 premium pass to play early.

Last edited:
It has over 8.5 million players worldwide. This physical only UK chart is meaningless in an attempt to represent such a thing. In fact, one territory's numbers will be meaningless to that overall result even if we had the whole pie because we know it ain't just people in the UK playing this game. We already saw over 3.5 million playing in early access, if not more than that.

The only reason people continue to create these threads is to perpetuate console warring. Full stop.

Retail sales in the UK really don’t mean **** for the most part anymore except to give a certain fanbase another thread to continue their warring in.

TheKratos

Not to mention FH5 is day 1 one gamepass.

MOTM

Banned

I don’t understand why some people have a hard time wrapping their head around something so obvious.

Airbus Jr

Banned
The only reason people continue to create these threads is to perpetuate console warring. Full stop.

Retail sales in the UK really don’t mean **** for the most part anymore except to give a certain fanbase another thread to continue their warring in.
Retail sales in UK dont mean **** you say and yet older nintendo title like animal crossing mario party keep entering top 10 and topping even newer game like Forza Horizon 5 and Guardian of Galaxy and become best selling game and some of you folks refuses to acknowledge that some game have more legs than others

But hey gota kept the narative going

Reality is often dissapointing to some of you guys

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
I love Forza Horizon and own the first four games, but I'm a bit fatigued by them. Why do I need to spend a hundred bucks if it's essentially the same game again? I've played dozens of hours of three and four when they came out, that feels enough to me for the time being. Will get it once it's at 50% off or so.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Can we stop posting retail sales, its useless data at this point.

Series S + PC + gamepass are not included in this. Its completely pointless.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's about doing the ratios between physical and digital across both and then accounting for the final ratio between xbox and ps and the ratio of xbox and ps just for physical. That gives you the digital splits between xbox and ps. Then you can divide the digital xbox percentage by the total xbox percentages.

r55JtAP.jpg

Happy to be corrected if I have fucked something up.
So if 80% of all UK sales are digital then we can assume, these numbers only represent 20% of the overall sales.

I guess we now need to know just how much CoD vanguard sold and maybe we can extrapolate some numbers out of that.

McCheese

Glad to see Shin Megami Tensei V on the list.

It's so surreal, Switch is so far ahead even niche titles for it are getting to chart, It's like when you lap someone in Mario Kart at this point.

The game is so unique and strange that I'd love to know what the casual Mario Kart / Animal Crossing crowd who picked it up on a whim make of it. Probably scratching their heads and wondering if their copy of the game is possessed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ethomaz

Banned
Can we stop posting retail sales, its useless data at this point.

Series S + PC + gamepass are not included in this. Its completely pointless.
You lost the argument with Gamepass.
It is not even related with game sales lol

The physical data lacks digital sales in all platforms… duh obvious.

Gamespass is not digital sales.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's so surreal, Switch is so far ahead even niche titles for it are getting to chart, It's like when you lap someone in Mario Kart at this point.

The game is so unique and strange that I'd love to know what the casual Mario Kart / Animal Crossing crowd who picked it up on a whim make of it. Probably scratching their heads and wondering if their copy of the game is possessed.
Well this not the first time SMT was on Nintendo system.

Top Bottom