• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 adding 4 Chinese Cars

ParaSeoul

Forza Horizon 5 is celebrating the Year of the Tiger with a franchise-first of incorporating Chinese manufactured vehicles in the game. This opens up the game’s already-extensive library to an entire region’s stock of cars.

MG MG3

m3m3 forza 5
The MG MG3 is coming to Forza Horizon 5.
MG, the British car manufacturer now based out in China, is coming to FH5. One of its debut cars will be the MG MG3 as the first of four free cars in the new patch.

MG X-Power SVR

forza horizon 5 MG X-Power SVR
The second MG car comes “highly requested,” according to FH5 Creative Director Mike Brown.
China’s V8-powered MG X-Power SVR is going to roar onto the Forza landscape in Update 4. It’s going to be the more exciting offering from MG that should give players a fun option to take to the races.

Sunshine S (Wuling Hongguang S)

forza 5 sunshine
The Wuling Hongguang S is a popular car in China and is making its way to Forza Horizon 5.
One of the most popular cars in China is making its debut in FH5. The Wuling Hongguang might not set new records around the track, but it’s lovingly known as a ‘supercar’ for its reliability in the streets.

NIO EP9

forza horizon 5
The NIO EP9 is going to test the rest of the Forza Horizon 5 supercars in February.
The NIO EP9 electric demon is coming for Forza Horizon 5’s stacked list of exotic vehicles. With 1360 horsepower, this is going to be a proper supercar from China and will be a lightning-fast hybrid to take to the track.

lem0n

SVR is a welcome addition, what a crazy car in top spec. Not going to lie though I can't wait to just throw racing tires on that little yellow shitbox and set some times

Jennings

More cars is always nice. It'll be nice to see how they stack up to other cars in their respective classes.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Can tell not a single UK person commented in this thread yet

Those are motherfucking MGs lol

Which is now a Chinese company who shits out that medium sized SUV at absurd rates here see hundreds in car yards.

The second one is as still British when done so give you that and cool to see. I don’t hate this, always enjoy when we get cars we would never get with any other franchise, Australia and the Australian cars made dreams come true.

Skifi28

Are they chinese cars or chinese copies of non-chinese cars? Anyway, can't wait for the inevitable winnie the pooh custom liveries.

Last edited:

Senua

MG SVR chinese my tucus! utter codswallop

BrpbTL6.gif

awesome to see it in a game though

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yo the MG Xpower!
I wonder if they found one to record properly cuz the Xpower has an absolutely amazing engine note.
maxresdefault.jpg

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Wtf are chinese netizens?!
Government schills, which nowadays means 95% of Chinese. It's is incredibly painful interacting with the Chinese in Europe, they are like children. Decades of censorship and self-censorship rewired their brains.

Taiwanese people are super cool though, one is a good friend.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Government schills, which nowadays means 95% of Chinese. It's is incredibly painful interacting with the Chinese in Europe, they are like children. Decades of censorship and self-censorship rewired their brains.

Yeah it is sad that chinese people is indoctrinated on this level.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

A: I don't do politics
Also A: Your government does shit job....but in my country....China best ™️

JCK75

The cars just switch lanes for no reason running other drivers off the road so that we are to believe it's the cars that do this and not the drivers.

Funny that a chinese person happy with their government is somehow brainwashed while the west is full of people with enlightenment and with zero brainwashing.

What a fucking ridiculous take, but not surprised considering the replies on this topic. People always have to put politics and cheeky overused one liners about China,
trying to be funny. Fucking disgusting.

The NIO looks cool and they have some actually good looking cars compared to the rest of chinese brands.

rolandss

I’d like to know what you mean here by painful interacting with them. I could be taking this completely the wrong way, but I take it to mean you‘re referring to how they respond to criticising China? I have no real love for a lot of what their government do, and I know the Internet is full of pro ccp trolls, but if Chinese people you deal with are difficult maybe its because they come to Europe and people keep shitting on their country to their face. I wouldn’t like it either if it was me. They’re just born into it and their experience of life is probably a lot like yours, you just go about things a certain way because that’s what you know, and it works. Then they leave China and people start telling them their country is evil and gonna start world war 3, and they just went there for a holiday, to work or to study.

Funny that a chinese person happy with their government is somehow brainwashed while the west is full of people with enlightenment and with zero brainwashing.

What a fucking ridiculous take, but not surprised considering the replies on this topic. People always have to put politics and cheeky overused one liners about China,
trying to be funny. Fucking disgusting.

The NIO looks cool and they have some actually good looking cars compared to the rest of chinese brands.
Do you cash the checks 50 cents at a time or do they build up?

Who knows when the Stellantis Group's cars will be added... in particular Fiat, Abarth, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, nothing against Chinese cars but IMHO they are on two completely different levels.

Haven't played Forza Horizon 5 but i wonder if the cars are different to each other, i mean handling wise?

Yes, the Horizon games uses the same physics engine and cars as the Motorsport games with tweaks to make things more forgiving and arcade-like. With all assists off an old rear engine Porsche will still swap ends way easier than something like a WRX, front-drive cars will understeer heavily if you throw too much power at them, the big trucks have more inertia, etc. You can even bring up the telemetry data in the games just like in the Motorsport games to see exactly what the suspension, tires and engine are doing at any point.

A good example is the Beetle, which uses a swing axle rear suspension. In a swing axle the suspension attaches at the car's center so as the suspension unloads it introduces a ton on negative camber and on compression introduces a ton of positive camber, both of which are accurately modeled in the game.

Top Bottom