• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite World Cup cheater is dropped after the cheat maker turns him in

Helios

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/fortnite/fortnite-world-cup-cheater
$30 million is a lot of money. If you’re a professional Fortnite player competing in the game’s World Cup, the promise of all that cash can be awfully tempting. One Fortnite pro has already succumbed to that temptation, as he tried to use cheating software to give himself an advantage. Unfortunately for the cheater, he was caught – and in a bizarre turn of events, it was the cheat maker himself who turned the pro in.
Johnathan Kosmala is the now-former Fortnite professional player in question, and was representing Team Kaliber during the first week of qualifiers for the Fortnite World Cup in July. He was caught cheating during those games – but only after the maker of the cheat himself, known as CBV, snitched on him.

According to CBV (via Polygon), while he obviously doesn’t have any problems with Fortnite players using his software generally – or as he puts in, to “have fun, looking for a stream, stomp pubs” – he draws the line at anyone cheating “to win money and scam other players who are playing legitimately”.

Kosmala has now been dropped by Team Kaliber, and presumably will not be allowed to compete further in the Fortnite World Cup qualifiers. Kaliber posted an official statement on the team’s Twitter feed, which you can see below.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I’ll make cheats and give you undeserved advantage over others but then you’re going to win money so I won’t let that happen. They can both fuck off! Btw bruv, the statement isn’t popping.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Fuck cheaters, I get how it can be fun for a bit, but after a while don’t you just get bored?

It’s like saying “I can get laid, but I don’t wanna”

You can’t fail if you never try, I guess.

Helios

I’ll make cheats and give you undeserved advantage over others but then you’re going to win money so I won’t let that happen. They can both fuck off! Btw bruv, the statement isn’t popping.
Done, I forgot to post it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Shin

Banned
Shouldn't there be jail-time for tournament cheaters then seeing as they want push eSports in the Olympics or whatever that was.
Two different things, though drugs/cheating --> advantage over others is how I see it at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Another one... Yeah, fuck cheaters! Having "fun" while ruining the games for everybody else.

TacosNSalsa

or as he puts in, to “have fun, looking for a stream, stomp pubs” – he draws the line at anyone cheating “to win money and scam other players who are playing legitimately”.
Sssuuurrrreeee...he didn't want to split the money with you if he won and you said "F*ck this fool I'm snitching!"

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Are these world cups played on participants machines? I would assume these would be tournament machines, and if so, how do you get cheat software on them? Seems odd that the only way this guy was caught was through snitching.

MMaRsu

Banned
Lol funny ass shit for the cheatmaker to turn him in. Cheatmaker should also turn himself in for being a grade a fucking douchenozzle

Ulysses 31

I hate cheaters but I hate snitches too.
I have the weirdest feeling right now
Why would you have a general hate for snitches rather than judging each snitch act individually? Some secrets warrant a sell out or breaking a trust to expose.

Last edited:

Shifty

Seems like a double-standard on the part of the creator considering that you're scamming other players out of a fun, fair match any time you cheat online.

Good on him for blowing the whistle I suppose but that hardly redeems what he's been doing.

Why would you have a general hate for snitches rather than judging each snitch act individually? Some secrets warrant a sell out or breaking a trust to expose.
I guess some people never let go of the 'snitches get stitches' high school dogma.

Last edited:

SonGoku

You are right and i agree, i should be more clear
In this case the snitch is the cheater maker, its a bittersweet victory that the expose came from him

Top Bottom