• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite, DBFZ, Killer Queen Black Leak for Switch

akuda

yrvaxflp3swenxxclki5.jpg

You've probably seen this already, right?
The document, posted on 4chan this afternoon by someone who said it was part of E3 showroom display planning (and discovered by Twitter user AAMARMO), features marketing materials for Fortnite, Paladins, Dragon Ball FighterZ, FIFA, the previously announced Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, and unannounced games Killer Queen Black and Overcooked 2. Although it’s safe to be skeptical of 4chan leaks, we have a few reasons to believe that this one is legitimate.
"A few reasons," they continue:
...we’ve heard separately from a person familiar with upcoming Switch games that Dragon Ball FighterZ was planned for the system. The Twitter account for Killer Queen, an indie arcade strategy game released in 2013, has also changed all of its images to black.
Killer Queen Black, huh? If only there was someone here who had a huge, pulsating love for that game who could tell us more and make us feel more certain about this leak oh wait there is it's me

The really great thing about Killer Queen, if you haven't heard of it, is that it's a local-only arcade game. Every tournament has to be held in person. You're not playing against Dongfighter69 and then never talking to him again, you're meeting people. Friending them. Sending them urgent texts demanding they explain what in the hell Killer Queen Black is.
Nikita and Joshua, the guys behind Killer Queen, do a lot of demo testing and mentoring at NYU. And they also often come out for events, some of which I've been to. And the first two things that happened after this leak dropped was that someone our scene texted said they couldn't answer our questions because of their NDA. The second thing was that we regrouped and recalled that yes, Nikita had mentioned a new spin on the game last time we talked to him at a tournament earlier this year.

This is all just coming from me, and I'm not gonna claim to be an incredibly great source, but I'll say I'm 100% confident in this leak. Uninformed posters on other forums have said stupid things about how Killer Queen came out half a decade ago (we got a major beta patch last month and new cabs are being sold all the time) and how it was out of the blue (it wasn't). So to my eyes, everything in this leak is absolutely true because there's no way someone would fabricate Killer Queen Black of all things, and guess it correctly.

edit: Oh yeah, and thanks EviLore for letting me post this, apologies for being a mad lad.

Last edited:

Codes 208

A little more stuff scrounged up by a friend.
It's plausible... Nintendo has always been the last holdout for things like this though.
Not recently. Rocket League is crossplay between Pc, switch and xbox and minecraft will soon be pc mobile switch and xbox. Sony was the one being a stick in the mud with this stuff.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I wonder how Starlink will perform on Swtich, the game looks nothing short of amazing.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is that the game with the clip-on attachment to the joycons controllers?
That's the one.

Here's hoping that we'll have an option to play this game just with the Pro Controller only (or with the Joy-cons) as well... cuz personally, i don't see myself buying a bunch of shit and the game for it just to be able to play it. I mean, Christ, i've already bought a bunch of overpriced accessories and stuff for my Switch and i think i had enough of this.

Last edited:

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Interested in all these games for the Switch if true.

Not recently. Rocket League is crossplay between Pc, switch and xbox and minecraft will soon be pc mobile switch and xbox. Sony was the one being a stick in the mud with this stuff.

Sony has the biggest Fortnite player base. Literally 70+ mil. users. No wonder why MS want to tap into PS4 playerbase.

WaterAstro

That's not very compelling lineup if that's all there is, but this marketing sheet probably doesn't have the juicy announcements.

KevinKeene

Banned
Starlink looks great, but I have no interest in all the late ports, and Aces isn't a,day one-title for me.

Really hope Japanese developers announce a lot more at E3, looking at you, Bandai Namco, Atlus and Sega (fuck off, Capcpom).

Sony has the biggest Fortnite player base. Literally 70+ mil. users. No wonder why MS want to tap into PS4 playerbase.
I don't understand. Crossplay for Fortnite would benefit Epic not MS and PS4 doesn't have 70+ million people playing Fortnite.

PC and Mobile would have the largest playerbase by far.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Starlink looks great, but I have no interest in all the late ports, and Aces isn't a,day one-title for me.

Really hope Japanese developers announce a lot more at E3, looking at you, Bandai Namco, Atlus and Sega (fuck off, Capcpom).
I really want TvC2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Overcooked 2 would be great if true

Melo0nFarm3r

Neo Member
That's the one.

Here's hoping that we'll have an option to play this game just with the Pro Controller only (or with the Joy-cons) as well... cuz personally, i don't see myself buying a bunch of shit and the game for it just to be able to play it. I mean, Christ, i've already bought a bunch of overpriced accessories and stuff for my Switch and i think i had enough of this.

Not my type of thing but looks a (expensive) blast for younger players.

KevinKeene

Banned
That's the one.

1.) That looks great. So much better than No Man's Sky. If it has an.engaging story mode, I might really get it.

2.) That's actually a lot how i imagine Starfox Grandprix to be like. At least in terms of vehicle maneuverability.

royox

But could switch run Fighterz at 60fps? The game looks literally like the anime and it's 60 solid fps on consoles and pc, mandatory for this kind of games.

Codes 208

Oh shit so youre telling me that fornite has 1:1 for every ps4 owned? Out of the 45-50mil downloads, 70mil are on ps4?

Fuck, if i were ms i would totally want a sip of that magic juice. /s

Yeah no. Ps4 has a huge chunk of the playerbase, sure. Maybe. Theres no playercount for each system to check. But that doesnt change that theyre being adament about cross-platform just because of their own vanity and not that maybe, just maybe ps4 owners wouldnt mind crossplay friends on the other two systems

Codes 208

But could switch run Fighterz at 60fps? The game looks literally like the anime and it's 60 solid fps on consoles and pc, mandatory for this kind of games.
Theres no reason why they couldnt pull it off. The game was very well optimized and runs at a rock solid 1080p/60fps even on the base xbox one. At worst we would likely see a 720p 60fps.

The game looks beautiful but they pulled a lot of tricks to do that, its not entirely in 3d so theres less moving parts than other fighters like killer instinct or SFV

Plus its arcsys. I have faith in their ability

Last edited:

Yagami_Sama

Dragon Ball FighterZ will be great, I hope that at least this game is indeed coming to Switch. The big question is, if they will include all DLC, or if they will sell them, or do something like they did on Xenoverse 2.

Fortnite could be big too. And people are getting crazy because of Overcoocked 2.

tkscz

Welp, Paladins can get a big check on the true side of things.

60fps and CrossPlay (didn't say with which systems but PC is obvious and XBO is a maybe).

It's even already up on the eShop for early download. $30 isn't to bad, but FTP would've been nice.

ArcSys made Guilty Gear Xrd run on PS3 at 60fps so I'm sure getting Dragonball FighterZ to run at 60fps on Switch should be easy enough. Might have to tone down the backgrounds or something is all I'd imagine.

Fbh

If you lower all settings on PC you can get it to look like this:

impbcn3l7gfysqbnhz9u.jpg

So they definitely have more than enough room to scale back visuals in order to achieve 60 FPS.
Also, as the person above me said: Guilty Gear Xrd runs well on Ps3:

Codes 208

If you lower all settings on PC you can get it to look like this:

impbcn3l7gfysqbnhz9u.jpg

I secretly want the switch version to look like this. Not because of the shit they'll get for it, but because in motion, its an amazing pixely thing of low-def beauty

Top Bottom