• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.4: Nexus War |OT| Now a licensed Marvel shovelware game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get the impression that Epic had hyped up the Ghostbusters. Seems to me it was primarily hyped via the leaks (of course, Epic ultimately has control over what leaks).

Anyway, I snagged the Ghost Trap BB for now. I've always liked the damn thing as a kid when they were sold as toys so getting to lug one around on my preferred characters is a huge plus.

Proton Pack is an absolute unit of garagey engineering, high chance I'll end up getting it as well. The reactivity is definitely a little disappointing since it charges up to 4 elims and doesn't do anything else beyond that.

And yes, I'd thought they could have added Slimer as a BB similar to how Rocket Raccoon is this season...

Yeah I was watching tabor hills video of the Ghostbusters gear. Was kinda hoping after getting eliminations the Proton pack would light up with the beams just kinda spark off like in the movies. ghost trap could of opened after eliminating another player with that purple ghost portal opening up. its still cool set, but I don't really fault epic for the hype. mostly just some of the leakers who were posting stuff but its probably also due to how good epic has gotten at encrypting files for skins and cosmetics.

Yeah I was watching tabor hills video of the Ghostbusters gear. Was kinda hoping after getting eliminations the Proton pack would light up with the beams just kinda spark off like in the movies. ghost trap could of opened after eliminating another player with that purple ghost portal opening up. its still cool set, but I don't really fault epic for the hype. mostly just some of the leakers who were posting stuff but its probably also due to how good epic has gotten at encrypting files for skins and cosmetics.
Oh yea I checked out three different videos for the cosmetics...I quite liked Tabor Hill's for one major reason: he's on the PS4.

The PC users who demo cosmetics don't realize/remember that consoles can't turn off shadows and dial down effects, so what they're showing isn't always what we end up seeing.

I was thinking maybe the Proton Pack could do a discharge when you get a fifth elim and then start from zero again.

About Ghost Trap, there's definitely more that they could have done with it. I'm just really happy that it's a great rendition of the toy I've always had in mind. Would be nice if it opened up to suck in the souls of those you elim but that would probably make it cost 800 vbucks or more...

Oh and I meant it quite literally when I said Epic controls what cosmetics gets leaked: the level of encryption applied to the cosmetics is entirely up to Epic.

The stuff that gets leaked within an hour of the update being deployed is just Epic throwing a bone to budding dataminers. When Epic really wants/needs to keep particular skins under wraps, those take either a long time or never get decrypted before Epic releases them in the shop.

Edit: Wraps -> wraps

Last edited:
If there's something strange
In the Weeping Woods
Who you gonna call?
PadXEeW.jpg

ee9yWg2.jpg

8ZfuXe2.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Looking at the item shop now. Does anyone feel like they could of done a little more with the ghost buster set? The skins are okay imo. and the gear is good but I feel like they could of added the iconic music as a track. A slimer themed wrap or back bling, and maybe something more with the Proton pack back bling. Idk it feels a little underwhelming with how it was a bit hyped up.

This. They’re really cool, but I just don’t know.

I feel like a key difference for me would have been if the Ghostbusters theme blared out on the glider while landing. 10/10, glider of the forever, etc. 😋

Maybe I’m spoiled by all the Marvel interactions this seasons, but having one of the coolest (visual design as well) devices ever in a movie here, while ghosts are literally running around... you kind of want to use it, you know?

Even if it concerns me from a game design perspective, for the purpose of crossovers, it’s a shame Fortnite doesn’t have ‘specials’ or something, where a character can do something else besides shoot a gun.

I felt similarly about the Star Wars skins. Once the lightsabers were gone, Rey running around with nothing but a gun, was just a little weird, lol.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The correct way to play Fortnite:

Use an early umbrella glider so that you can actually see, and one that doesn't make a sound because sounds in Fortnite are obnoxiously loud.

Use a black skin (BRUTE Gunner) so that you can hide best.

Backpacks are for children.

Contrails are for children.

Congratulations, you're now a sophisticated Fortnite player.

This. They’re really cool, but I just don’t know.

I feel like a key difference for me would have been if the Ghostbusters theme blared out on the glider while landing. 10/10, glider of the forever, etc. 😋

Maybe I’m spoiled by all the Marvel interactions this seasons, but having one of the coolest (visual design as well) devices ever in a movie here, while ghosts are literally running around... you kind of want to use it, you know?

Even if it concerns me from a game design perspective, for the purpose of crossovers, it’s a shame Fortnite doesn’t have ‘specials’ or something, where a character can do something else besides shoot a gun.

I felt similarly about the Star Wars skins. Once the lightsabers were gone, Rey running around with nothing but a gun, was just a little weird, lol.

Yeah I most certainly agree. the marvel crossover has spoiled me as well. gliders have been 10/10 for me along side some of the built in emotes for the BP skins. that was
Weird though about the star wars skins. It's like Darth Vader without a lightsaber, as Rey is without one. alot people have been asking if not wanting lightsaber Harvesting tool's. I guess the reason why during the time was to avoid confusion with the actual mythic in game versions with pickaxes. still its so weird seeing a Kyle ren skin popping it off with a burst assault rifle 😄

MrS

Banned
The correct way to play Fortnite:

Use an early umbrella glider so that you can actually see, and one that doesn't make a sound because sounds in Fortnite are obnoxiously loud.

Use a black skin (BRUTE Gunner) so that you can hide best.

Backpacks are for children.

Contrails are for children.

Congratulations, you're now a sophisticated Fortnite player.
If I can't wear my Rex skin, WITH BACKPACK, I don't want to play!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I long ago was willing to trade VRs for aesthetics, back when the Dark Voyager was like a neon, person-is-here sign, hahaha.

Competiveness is important to me, but fun moreso. I lose a lot of matches because I weigh survival versus jumping into a 5 person melee (now with ghosts), lol, but it’s worth it.

Otherwise, I’d just be using Aura every match, for the least character occluded view.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I long ago was willing to trade VRs for aesthetics, back when the Dark Voyager was like a neon, person-is-here sign, hahaha.

Competiveness is important to me, but fun moreso. I lose a lot of matches because I weigh survival versus jumping into a 5 person melee (now with ghosts), lol, but it’s worth it.

Otherwise, I’d just be using Aura every match, for the least character occluded view.

I am a hypocrite. I am a coward.

I use male skins despite female skins providing superior vantage.

I'm sorry my fellow Fortnite brethren.

carlosrox

Banned
We drink and get reeeeeeally loud n silly when we play :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Our first time with the Ghosts, I didn't even know they were called Ghosts yet lol, I thought they were Zombies.

First or second time being a Ghost.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
I still haven't been able to pay attention to how long a season lasts. When did this start and how long will it go on for?

Also, has anyone else had really bad party errors since the Halloween stuff? It's so bad. If you're watching your team and they turn into Ghosts it seems to kick you out all the time.

I still haven't been able to pay attention to how long a season lasts. When did this start and how long will it go on for?

Also, has anyone else had really bad party errors since the Halloween stuff? It's so bad. If you're watching your team and they turn into Ghosts it seems to kick you out all the time.
Seasons were originally slated to be 70 days long (10x weekly challenges per season) but they soon kept getting extensions with overtime challenges and whatnot.

This is the first season that I can remember where they state at the outset that it's until 30th Nov (it's in text at the bottom left when you're inspecting the Battle Pass) so it's longer than the norm at slightly more than 12 weeks.

Yea as I mentioned earlier in the thread I get kicked out after a few seconds when spectating a friend who's turned into a shadow. If he's able to survive long enough I'm able to spectate again when the "Watch" button shows up in the lobby.

After some deliberation I decided to get the hunkajunk known as the Proton Pack.

As I imagined, it lends a nice hefty look when worn and the elimination reaction is a nice bonus.

I sometimes feel Fortnite is partly an avenue for some artists to show their love for classic franchises that they grew up with:
DREAM COME TRUE
Ghostbusters encompassed the majority of my childhood so having the opportunity to texture and lookdev the proton pack was incredible.
I had so much fun developing the textures and materials for this fella.
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lastly, here are a bunch of screens I took with a skin I think fits well with the Proton Pack.
NdeGVIc.jpg

zEy7HZB.jpg

ySKOdL6.jpg

BrdeT8F.jpg

Pg1mHXW.jpg

Note the facial reaction when collecting fireflies.
PI9zaDA.jpg

Not the Nyancat you know.​

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean, I wouldn’t really be surprised. Whether you adore Marvel or not, the fact is that in the story, there’s a godlike being, that, lying down, probably would be the size of the island if not a lot more, rapidly on his way.

I’m not exactly thinking the island comes out of this without a scratch, lol.

Smash sounds like maybe negotiations are ongoing? That would be awesome.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Anyone see or get the OG Chapter 1 defaults in the shop? The old pickaxe is available for free.

So awesome. Although they look weird in the current style, lol, it kind of brought old Fort and this drastically new Fort together for me, in a really nostalgic way. Such a cool decision to make these buyable.

bitbydeath

I mean, I wouldn’t really be surprised. Whether you adore Marvel or not, the fact is that in the story, there’s a godlike being, that, lying down, probably would be the size of the island if not a lot more, rapidly on his way.

I’m not exactly thinking the island comes out of this without a scratch, lol.

Smash sounds like maybe negotiations are ongoing? That would be awesome.

A new map for next-gen would be great!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hey, we have some footage of next-gen Fortnite!

Ali-A is a bit annoying, and doesn’t know the first thing about visuals, but makes his way through a good chunk of the map, and tries out different things to see how they react.

This guy has never played a match of Fortnite in his life, and frustratingly spends most of the video run-time inside a unchanged house. Lol. This does get a good look at how leaves on trees have changed, as well as the bark, which is the only reason I’m including it.

Another long look:

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
The clouds are probably the most transformative thing. They are the single most gorgeous ones I have ever seen in a game. The entire bus/skydiving part looks so good. Going back to Xbox One X, the little transparent wisps we have now, seriously feel like a step back.

I really like the new storm as well. It looks like the new clouds a bit, but is also scaled back from the old one, so there’s not so much purple everywhere, killing the atmosphere. I like how the shield wall is way more visible too, like the first few seasons.

The rest is subtle. It’s hard to tell, both without 4K/decent image quality on YouTube, and just with these kinds of small changes in general in games. Your mind doesn’t instantly pick up that something is different, yet the improvement is appreciated.

It looks a lot like max settings Fort (I did see some surprising lighting and shadow — may be improvements there) with some of the biggest, most often seen elements of the map updated. The grass looking way more filled in and like actual grass, for example, is cool. At the same time though, I’d like to see those go further in the coming weeks and months, with houses, etc., updated as well.

Hey, we have some footage of next-gen Fortnite!

Ali-A is a bit annoying, and doesn’t know the first thing about visuals, but makes his way through a good chunk of the map, and tries out different things to see how they react.

This guy has never played a match of Fortnite in his life, and frustratingly spends most of the video run-time inside a unchanged house. Lol. This does get a good look at how leaves on trees have changed, as well as the bark, which is the only reason I’m including it.

Another long look:

The second video (Tom Warren's) is most appealing to me because I prefer to observe uninterrupted footage.

And thanks to that uncut footage I noticed there were zero hitches in the roughly 9.5 minutes of gameplay.

For examples of hitching, pay attention to 5:02 and 12:09 in the video below (I've timestamped them accordingly, about a second before they happen), everytime it hitches you'll soon see the framerate display at the top right show something like 61 FPS [↓31 ↑61] when most times the ↓number will range from the upper 50s to 60.

The hitches shown here on the One X are very slight whilst on my PS4 they seem to last a wee bit longer, enough to be very noticeable while playing and they pop up much more frequently, like maybe once every minute or so.

Came across this earlier and realized I've been living under a meteorite in suspended animation; Epic has a bunch of official Fortnite books for sale!

Next time Grown_Ass_Men_in_Boxes sneers at cosmetics, I'll just shout DRESS TO IMPRESS! over and over until he becomes Groan_As_Men_in_Boxes :messenger_beaming:
VmTlzJV.jpg

Epic with the alternative fact; pretty sure Criterion and Oblivion are the female counterparts to Carbide and Omega...seriously though, I assume it's just a typo
a62q5zt.jpg

P.S. There are a few more sample pages at the Amazon link and more books in the official Fortnite series.

In the not-so-bootleg Fortnite art series, here's an Artstation entry I enjoyed reading.

So happens it's for one of my personal favourite troll Battle Pass skins and boy does he live up to the colloquial label of skin:
ofmMlhp.jpg

uYDWgSl.jpg

Kicking off the week with a banana! How about that? Yours truly was fortunate enough to do the 3D work on another character that has entered the hall of Fortnite classics by now. Talk about mass appeel... [editor's note: groan]

Remember, a pun a day keeps the banana cray cray.

5AJDoSx.jpg

6dzG1jW.jpg

"Vengeance is mine" had to admit this is one of my favorite marvel characters of all time. So I couldn't help buy this set, some say he's pay to lose because of all the flame sticking out around his head. For me personally a pay to lose skin is one of those neon colored skins that glow imo.

5AJDoSx.jpg

6dzG1jW.jpg

"Vengeance is mine" had to admit this is one of my favorite marvel characters of all time. So I couldn't help buy this set, some say he's pay to lose because of all the flame sticking out around his head. For me personally a pay to lose skin is one of those neon colored skins that glow imo.
Him and a whole bunch of skins are definitely pay to lose, but the enjoyment you get out of owning and using him pays for itself. I suppose it also makes you a more effective decoy if you're playing with others on your team too.

They did a great job with his skull and flames but I'm not sure why his outfit itself is essentially all black. The two covers he's shown in have the metal bits in a silver colour, so I'm not sure what's going on.
uBYMJBK.jpg

EiyfuihUYAAFPrn

Him and a whole bunch of skins are definitely pay to lose, but the enjoyment you get out of owning and using him pays for itself. I suppose it also makes you a more effective decoy if you're playing with others on your team too.

They did a great job with his skull and flames but I'm not sure why his outfit itself is essentially all black. The two covers he's shown in have the metal bits in a silver colour, so I'm not sure what's going on.
uBYMJBK.jpg

EiyfuihUYAAFPrn

I would say the artist had a rough concept art image of the skin. But not the final design or in game model. I n different images galaxy scout has longer to shoulder length hair. When in game her hair is much more shorter. I think it is due to the differences between epic and Marvel's artists. And definitely owning and enjoying the skin greatly outweighs the cons of being a huge brightly lit flaming target.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Almost bought the Ghost Rider skin, but opted to save the vbucks for the Venom skin that's coming according to the leaks. I'd love a Punisher or Winter Soldier skin, but I'm not holding my breath.

Almost bought the Ghost Rider skin, but opted to save the vbucks for the Venom skin that's coming according to the leaks. I'd love a Punisher or Winter Soldier skin, but I'm not holding my breath.

Same, anything is possible. From the sounds of Donald mustard comments. the marvel X fornite collaboration is just beginning. So I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get the Punisher as well.

I would say the artist had a rough concept art image of the skin. But not the final design or in game model. I n different images galaxy scout has longer to shoulder length hair. When in game her hair is much more shorter. I think it is due to the differences between epic and Marvel's artists. And definitely owning and enjoying the skin greatly outweighs the cons of being a huge brightly lit flaming target.
Yea the final renders typically have a few small changes compared to the concept art but this feels like an oversight to me, especially when the bike utilizes what I'd assume are the same materials and this is Marvel IP, not an original Fortnite character.

Also, wait till you read about how Marvel were control freaks when dealing with Capcom back in the 90s.

Ah well, I still think it's a dope skin, I just think they tend to drop the ball in the final 5-10% for a lot of cosmetics, usually in the smaller details that people (including myself) will brush aside sub/consciously.

Anyway I'm sure it's obvious but I'm feeling wordy: the light-emitting skins are P2L especially with this season's lighting model. It's most obvious in Weeping Woods at night where skins without lights will blend into the shadows and it can be a real nightmare trying to track enemies. Having a flaming head just makes it an obvious shotgun target.

Sidenote: The trend of Fortnite slowly taking on more realistic aspects has its pros and cons: loot being affected by gravity is almost always a pro, coconuts rolling away on slopes is a con. Maybe one day they'll make electricity travel through water and screw people like me who love fishing inside the water, lol.

I think there's a high chance Venom will be obtainable by placing well in one of the upcoming Duos tournament.

I'm also looking forward to him and just hoping Epic (or their outsourced partners) nail the execution when it comes to assimilating him into the Fortniteverse.

As a last resort...just one pump a Venom as Mystique and use him for 30s or so, hah.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Came across this earlier and realized I've been living under a meteorite in suspended animation; Epic has a bunch of official Fortnite books for sale!

Next time Grown_Ass_Men_in_Boxes sneers at cosmetics, I'll just shout DRESS TO IMPRESS! over and over until he becomes Groan_As_Men_in_Boxes :messenger_beaming:
VmTlzJV.jpg

Epic with the alternative fact; pretty sure Criterion and Oblivion are the female counterparts to Carbide and Omega...seriously though, I assume it's just a typo
a62q5zt.jpg

P.S. There are a few more sample pages at the Amazon link and more books in the official Fortnite series.

Marketing schlock I would have licked up when I was 10. But...

Fortnite became a GOAT contender due to its gameplay mechanics synergizing so well. Everything else is meaningless.

I think there's a high chance Venom will be obtainable by placing well in one of the upcoming Duos tournament.

I'm also looking forward to him and just hoping Epic (or their outsourced partners) nail the execution when it comes to assimilating him into the Fortniteverse.

As a last resort...just one pump a Venom as Mystique and use him for 30s or so, hah.

I'm very worried in how they'll execute venom in both design and the size of the skin. Word around is, hypex who is a well known leaker in the fornite community says it will be big as the brutus skin from the chapter 2 season bp. I'm just hoping they won't make his upper body large but standing on two little stick legs 😂

I'm very worried in how they'll execute venom in both design and the size of the skin. Word around is, hypex who is a well known leaker in the fornite community says it will be big as the brutus skin from the chapter 2 season bp. I'm just hoping they won't make his upper body large but standing on two little stick legs 😂
One look at the Venom cover I linked earlier would indicate that Venom was always going to be bigger than the standard Jonesy body type but while writing this I realized there is a possibility for either variant of chunkiness...

Off the top of my head, the chunky BR skins so far:
1. The Scientist
2. Brutus
3. Rippley
4. Cable
5. Big Chuggus
6. Penny (I'm just including her here for completion)

The slightly less chunky ones:
1. Ultima Knight
2. Sgt. Winter
3. Toxic Tagger

And I can visualise Venom looking great whether he's full blown chunky or slightly less chunky...is Venom a peanut butter brand now?:messenger_savoring:

Here's a pic I found to whet our appetites
AswRxBw.jpg

That said, I sure hope Gwenom is in the cards some day, they've already got a prototype with Big Mouth!
CIo2urI.jpg

While searching for Venom, I came across this Deviantart entry and am sharing it here since you said GR's your fave.
HoeCs5E.jpg

Gotta say though, of all the Marvel characters that have yet to be added, I'd want Magneto the most.

One look at the Venom cover I linked earlier would indicate that Venom was always going to be bigger than the standard Jonesy body type but while writing this I realized there is a possibility for either variant of chunkiness...

Off the top of my head, the chunky BR skins so far:
1. The Scientist
2. Brutus
3. Rippley
4. Cable
5. Big Chuggus
6. Penny (I'm just including her here for completion)

The slightly less chunky ones:
1. Ultima Knight
2. Sgt. Winter
3. Toxic Tagger

And I can visualise Venom looking great whether he's full blown chunky or slightly less chunky...is Venom a peanut butter brand now?:messenger_savoring:

Here's a pic I found to whet our appetites
AswRxBw.jpg

That said, I sure hope Gwenom is in the cards some day, they've already got a prototype with Big Mouth!
CIo2urI.jpg

While searching for Venom, I came across this Deviantart entry and am sharing it here since you said GR's your fave.
HoeCs5E.jpg

Gotta say though, of all the Marvel characters that have yet to be added, I'd want Magneto the most.

That ghost rider artwork is dope! I would say venom and ghost rider are in my top 5 marvel characters. I'm hoping he's as big as the scientist skin or cable. cable has that right chunkiness imo. And I enjoy running him despite he's a huge target lol. Magneto is another one of my top X-men villains. But I really do enjoy mister sinister as well.
1IzMg49.jpg

That ghost rider artwork is dope! I would say venom and ghost rider are in my top 5 marvel characters. I'm hoping he's as big as the scientist skin or cable. cable has that right chunkiness imo. And I enjoy running him despite he's a huge target lol. Magneto is another one of my top X-men villains. But I really do enjoy mister sinister as well.
1IzMg49.jpg
I can't honestly say I have a top 5 because I don't take the time to properly weigh them in my head, though I suppose Magneto has to be guaranteed a spot, heh.

Venom is most definitely an iconic design for me though and is inseparable from Spiderman in my headcanon.

And yea, when Mystique was revealed I was wondering if Mr Sinister would make an appearance as well, though I reckon he's a little too niche to show up (he doesn't even show up at all in the Capcom VS games).

Edit: Gosh, looking at that pic again, can you imagine if Mr Sinister's back bling has all those strips obscuring the player's vision? P2L!!

Guess what, I went to dig around a bit and found one of my few comic books lying around...
2WUrhF5.jpg

A two-page ad for some random game (hur hur)
8aEYbrh.jpg

The second last page featuring fans who are grown-ass adults by now, lol
NpOAJop.jpg

Last edited:
Fortnite became a GOAT contender due to its gameplay mechanics synergizing so well. Everything else is meaningless.
Perhaps you haven't seen fit to do so because no one has asked you properly yet.

So, can you please elaborate, in as much detail as you are comfortable with? I'm speaking strictly about the gameplay systems and mechanics of Fortnite.

I can't honestly say I have a top 5 because I don't take the time to properly weigh them in my head, though I suppose Magneto has to be guaranteed a spot, heh.

Venom is most definitely an iconic design for me though and is inseparable from Spiderman in my headcanon.

And yea, when Mystique was revealed I was wondering if Mr Sinister would make an appearance as well, though I reckon he's a little too niche to show up (he doesn't even show up at all in the Capcom VS games).

Edit: Gosh, looking at that pic again, can you imagine if Mr Sinister's back bling has all those strips obscuring the player's vision? P2L!!

Guess what, I went to dig around a bit and found one of my few comic books lying around...
2WUrhF5.jpg

A two-page ad for some random game (hur hur)
8aEYbrh.jpg

The second last page featuring fans who are grown-ass adults by now, lol
NpOAJop.jpg

Yeah lol I looked at the picture and saw how big and bulky his cape is. Definitely would be pay to lose so I agree, nice! I had two venom issues but they were crossovers. One being a guest appearance from the punisher. Another from a very obscure super hero called nighthawk. though I had a graphic novel of ultimate spider man featuring ultimate venom. And yeah I grew up watching Spiderman the animated series when I was young. And from seeing venom he became one of my favorite spider man foes/anti-heroes throughout marvel history imo. Its the white spider on his chest to downright menacing appearance. Just really an iconic character from my childhood.

OU9c8ln.jpg

Yeah lol I looked at the picture and saw how big and bulky his cape is. Definitely would be pay to lose so I agree, nice! I had two venom issues but they were crossovers. One being a guest appearance from the punisher. Another from a very obscure super hero called nighthawk. though I had a graphic novel of ultimate spider man featuring ultimate venom. And yeah I grew up watching Spiderman the animated series when I was young. And from seeing venom he became one of my favorite spider man foes/anti-heroes throughout marvel history imo. Its the white spider on his chest to downright menacing appearance. Just really an iconic character from my childhood.

OU9c8ln.jpg
Is this the animated cartoon you're referring to?

(I've always loved this intro tune so I'm actually just jumping at the chance to post it here haha.)

Like you, Venom's antihero antics upped his appeal for me and that liking carried over to Spawn later on as well. Carnage is just...batshit insane from what little I knew of him.

I gotta say there are plenty of unflattering renditions of Venom to be found online but the good ones really, really stick out and stick hard in one's memory. That head with the aggressive white splotches for eyes, huge jaws, long lines of frightening teeth and a tongue straight outta Japan's underground, such a classic. Definitely needed some adjustment to be kid-friendly!

notseqi

Who is that guy in the OPs second picture, left to Iron Man?
I thought I recognized him, thought 'oh yeah, that's...' and much to my amusement I am calling him 'Man Man' for now.
Looks terribad and generic ay eff.

Who is that guy in the OPs second picture, left to Iron Man?
I thought I recognized him, thought 'oh yeah, that's...' and much to my amusement I am calling him 'Man Man' for now.
Looks terribad and generic ay eff.
If you mean Herald Thor, I guess you should take it up with Marvel. Or maybe the Fortnite style (general removal of more minute details) is making him look worse for you?
Thor-2-concept-art-Thor-1.png

Anyway, thanks to you, while browsing around I came across a comic excerpt that could seemingly make this crossover event in Fortnite super hyped.
Thor-Galactus-3.png

Notice how a sizeable number of the Marvel zombies are either currently in Fortnite or are slated to arrive? :messenger_face_screaming:

notseqi

If you mean Herald Thor, I guess you should take it up with Marvel. Or maybe the Fortnite style (general removal of more minute details) is making him look worse for you?
Thor-2-concept-art-Thor-1.png

Anyway, thanks to you, while browsing around I came across a comic excerpt that could seemingly make this crossover event in Fortnite super hyped.
Thanks, looking back at it I notice that I goofed hard, totally missed the hammer.

Not a cool representation of what I think Thor should look like.

Thanks, looking back at it I notice that I goofed hard, totally missed the hammer.

Not a cool representation of what I think Thor should look like.
Eh I don't blame you, I stopped following comics for a long time so when little sneaky hints of Herald Thor were shown prior to this season I was wondering "That's supposed to be Thor?".

The classic look is more goofier yet more recognizable but I gotta say Herald Thor has grown on me quite a bit.

And well, swinging Mjolnir in Fortnite is a dopamine fix, odd as it sounds. The sound effects and animation really sell it for me.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Perhaps you haven't seen fit to do so because no one has asked you properly yet.

So, can you please elaborate, in as much detail as you are comfortable with? I'm speaking strictly about the gameplay systems and mechanics of Fortnite.

I have a brother, who hasn't played games, in any way, since the mid 90s. The last games he played was NHL 94 and NBA Live 95 on the Sega Genesis. He went to college, got a job, started a family. Absolutely zero interest in games since then.

So that's 25 years of being out of the industry completely.

Last year, he bought a PS4 to play Fortnite after hearing about the buzz. He's since probably played close to 500 hours of it with me.

During that year he's texted me picture messages once or twice a week where he's drawn diagrams on napkins outlining different strategies we can employ to use in the game.

We've had relatively involved discussions about where we should land, what our ideal loadouts are, how we should set up if we have specific weapons etc, how we should engage if we see enemies rotating etc...

The game gives you the widest array of variables to play with in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Building lengthens gunfights considerably.
The weapon and item variety is unmatched.
Destructible environments give you new considerations.
The map itself gives players more strategic + tactical options than any other game I've ever played.
The frequency of updates helps keep the game fresher than any other game I've played.

In games like CoD or Apex Legends, I find the majority of my deaths are a result of my opponent having superior reflexes and mechanical skill than me. I'll die and my brain immediately thinks "Ok, what could you have done differently"? The answer is frequently "Do better at keeping your cursor on your opponent when shooting.". That's fine in the late 1990s as competitive shooting games were getting off the ground. Today? Unacceptable.

In Fortnite, the answer to that question is often "We could have set up the C4 in a slightly different position", or "We should have only made two swipes in the Chopper at them and then dropped you off on high ground"...

There isn't a competitive action game in existence that rewards strategy more than Fortnite.

Last edited:
Is this the animated cartoon you're referring to?

(I've always loved this intro tune so I'm actually just jumping at the chance to post it here haha.)

Like you, Venom's antihero antics upped his appeal for me and that liking carried over to Spawn later on as well. Carnage is just...batshit insane from what little I knew of him.

I gotta say there are plenty of unflattering renditions of Venom to be found online but the good ones really, really stick out and stick hard in one's memory. That head with the aggressive white splotches for eyes, huge jaws, long lines of frightening teeth and a tongue straight outta Japan's underground, such a classic. Definitely needed some adjustment to be kid-friendly!

Yup that's it. Would always wake up or run up the stairs as soon as I heard the main theme play. my parents would buy me the action figures and sets from the show. But mostly I had venom stuff and a few spider man figures lol. carnage is basically Marvel's joker, just a grinning psychopath but paired with a symbiote. He's definitely a very disturbing and violent character. Btw the next marvel knock out skin is black widow (the snow suit version) so I guess no venom 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom