• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken or Hi-Fi Rush?

Forspoken or Hi-Fi Rush

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennings

Gamers were blessed with a couple new games this week. The first is a brand new $69.99 AAA title, Forspoken, and the other a surprise $29.99 AA game by the name of Hi-Fi Rush that dropped just a few minutes after its first showing. Both are fast action games and both are available on Steam. If you were to recommend one of these games to a Steam user looking for something brand new to play, which game would you choose?

8j71aKC.jpg
CqcCYw8.jpg

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Hi Fi Rush just gets better and better as you play it.

Great visuals/art direction.
Great Ost.
Great combat that gets better and better.
Interesting mechanics that get more satisfying as you get better with timings etc.
It's a platforming, DMC, rhythm game.

I can't say anything about Forspoken as I haven't played it, but I'm sure someone here who enjoys it can tell you their opinions on it.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Haven't played Forspoken because I haven't liked what I've seen or heard. I've played Hi Fi Rush and it is a fun game

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hi-Fi looks cool. Main character is insufferable but the concept is neat and it's a Game Pass banger. No contest.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Forspoken is a janky AA PS3 game trying to pass itself off as a AAA PS5 game. Hi-Fi Rush is a modern AAA Dreamcast game.
Agreed but disagree with your terminology.

I will not let you steal the wins for "AAA" and put the losses on "AA." Forspoken is a AAA game, with trailers revealed when PS5 launched as Project Athia and a full team working on it for years. And Hi-Fi Rush is $30 and made by a small team.

AA for the win.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...meworks-to-make-smaller-and-non-horror-games/

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Hi-Fi Rush because I love third-person survival horror and Tango is one of the few companies who puts them out, and I want them as a company to do well.

But realistically, I ain't gonna play much of either of these.

OP be honest, you knew what the poll results would be......
One game is $70 and highly criticized and the other is "free" on Game Pass.

Last edited:

Salz01

Hi FI Rush, no brainer. It’s unique, but familiar at the same time. Came out of no where, pleasant surprise. Counter to Shitspoken which has been hyped forever, and doesn’t seem appealing at least to me at all. They really dropped the ball on that one.

FBeeEye

Banned
The f-bombs in Forspoken seem out of place. But I guess since the protagonist is black and "urban", they needed her to be believable. Believable in a game about magical bangles in a fantasy world.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I really know nothing as Hi-Fi Rush just came out but Forspoken… I really don’t get who that game is meant to appeal to. I’m not going to play it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really don’t get who that game is meant to appeal to. I’m not going to play it.
The goal makes perfect sense. Build on FFXV tech. Make an open world action RPG. Hire prominent western writers and composer to help it gain mainstream success. They just didn't hit the mark.

Metnut

Forespoken looks more fun so I’ll vote for that but doubt that I play either game. Elden Ring, Jusgment and Cyberpunk took up so much time last year that I’m just getting into Ragnarok and Forbidden West this year. By the time I’m done with those, FF16 will be out. What a year!

Edit: Forgot about Octopath 2 and Zelda TOTC. I’m fucked this year lol

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Haven't looked into the controversy on Forspoken yet but I'm curious now. I'm downloading the demo now. Is it just the cringe writing? Because I've facepalmed every game I've ever played a moment or two.

So I'm not dropping an opinion yet. The HiFI game looks like a 90s cartoon but I'll try it out as well.

Moses85

For this question you deserve Forspoken

Here are more Games for you.

AC Unity Version 1.0
Cyberpunk Version 1.0
GTA Trilogy Version 1.0

Same quality like your Thread

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Treat Yourself Kevin James GIF by TV Land

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
$30 game that looks good versus $70 game that’s hit and miss.

Sounds like a no brainer, unless you don’t have an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom