• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2022 | OT | Moving On From Abu Dhabi

Termite

It feels like we were waiting for the new cars for years to save the sport. Now they're here, and... they're good. Thank fucking god. Lap 46 yesterday was pure dynamite.

Funnily enough, Covid delaying the new regs for a year seemed like such a disaster but gave us one of the most outrageous title fights in history. So everything worked out perfectly in the end.

Great race. If Ferrari fans are frustrated, at least you've still got a shot at both titles. Imagine how it feels as a McLaren fan.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
McLaren could be doing better if they didn't have that dead weight Ricciardo on the team. They should replace him ASAP.

He can’t get his head around the new cars at all. Definitely think he needs to leave McLaren, and either go somewhere else, where the car philosophy is different, and maybe suits him more, or go to a different formula.

They guy didn’t just become a bad driver overnight though. He’s a proven race winner, and before this season, easily top eight on the grid. It’s really weird. Never seen a drop off like it.

Fox Mulder

Great race but lol Charles. Any smart team would have pounced on Verstappen’s struggles with team orders to maximize championship points.

lukilladog

It´s evident that Sainz and Perez didn´t sign contracts to give up personal title aspirations my middle of the season, good on them for calling their team´s BS out. Team orders will always be wrong as long as the driver´s championship is handed to a single driver.

cormack12

Gold Member
Interesting qualifier. Both Russell and Hamilton red flagging. Work cut out for tomorrow but both should make it I imagine.

max_banterv3ju6.jpg

DJ12

Is it just me that hopes when Red Bull have to stiffen up their floor, that they start bouncing down the straights worse than Mercedes ever did?

I find Horner to be an odious little oik.

cormack12

Gold Member
Jfc at that pace from Leclerc. Sainz / Verstappen be interesting now

Edit: fuck sake. Sainz out with PU problems. Looked like it could have been nasty at one point.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Russell raging before. Wonder if he will get checo. Merc trying for a double podium. Charles sheepishly admitting his mistake there.

Tha NOooooooo team radio needs to be pasted over a few explosions or glass shatterings or something, it was that loud it could've been picked up on the richter scale lol

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Sad, but not entirely unexpected.

Seb has become one of the most popular drivers in the sport - even as his chances of winning races has diminished.

He's going to have a fantastic career as an ambassador for F1, and for wider politics and important issues.

Danke Seb, danke.

Fox Mulder

Makes sense for Vettel to go, Aston Martin sucks ass with no real path to the front under the dipshit Strolls who have dragged the team down.

Vettel was busted by Ferrari but probably could have still won a 5th title there if Mercedes and Hamilton were just a little less perfect. He’ll still be remembered for his Redbull domination.

Last edited:

HAYA8U5A

I'm conflicted. On one hand I'm going to miss him but on the other I'm not going to miss him suffering through driving for an awful team he is too good for. He realistically probably could have won two titles with Ferrari but a few errors from him, a few errors from the team (Especially some of those pit strategies) and Ferrari not being as strong as Mercedes and Red Bull were at midseason upgrades derailed that. Basically the same thing happening to Leclerc this year. I also think he wanted to win with them too bad that he started overthinking things. Disgraceful how they treated him on the way out and a shame he didn't end up back at Red Bull for one final run instead of Aston Martin.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
George probably doesn't stand a chance today with those Ferraris right behind him, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an unexpected win 🤞

George probably doesn't stand a chance today with those Ferraris right behind him, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an unexpected win 🤞
Hope he gets his first w because that'd be nice to see for a change.

I'm going to be brave and call this a Mercedes 1-2.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Hope he gets his first w because that'd be nice to see for a change.

I'm going to be brave and call this a Mercedes 1-2.

That is brave! The Ferraris are very fast, and it’s cold. The Mercs have been bad at switching the tyres on at the best of times, so he’s going to struggle to keep Sainz and LeClerc behind him. If he can do that in the first five or so laps, then his chances go up. Most likely result though is Ferrari win, George on podium, Lewis about fourth or fifth.

Hope you’re right though!

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This championship is a wrap.

Ferrari is more likely to DNF than Red Bull in the remaining races, and LeClerc makes more rookie mistakes of his own as well. Lewis is actually the second best driver based on the last 3 races. I wouldn't be surprised if he ultimately ends the season in second place. Mercedes is looking good for the back half of the season.

Top Bottom