• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2022 | OT | Moving On From Abu Dhabi

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What are you on about you pillow?

We were chatting while the race was on. He came back on track in 19th on lap 3 or 4 was it? Went right on the radio and said he thinks they should save the car, basically retire it.

His race engineers said no chance, we think you can make eighth. He made fifth and would have had fourth if he didn't have a water leak.

So yeah at the time he was throwing the towel in, had the race engineers not told him to give his head a wobble.

He wanted to stop because he thought he was driving the same car he's had for the other five races.

A few laps later he discovered he wasn't, and everything changed in his demeanour behind the wheel.

He wanted to stop because he thought he was driving the same car he's had for the other five races.

A few laps later he discovered he wasn't, and everything changed in his demeanour behind the wheel.

And thast normal behaviour of a 7 time world champion? He acts like a spoiled kid...what too embaressed to end up at the very back of the grid? Imagine if every team threw in the towel most of the time to save their engines when they see they wont make it into top 10 for points. Albon said it best a few years back: "sore loser" . Remember when he asked "do you get points for 10th place?" You have been racing forever, now all of a sudden you forgot fundemental rules of the game because you have been infront for so long. Sorry but I cant believe that BS. He is just a whiney baby and I feel sorry for his engineer and most of team that dont have the balls to speak up to himm but have to act as walking on egg shells so that he doesnt start crying.

I never heard another driver before in his SECOND lap say...ey guys, i wont get further than this, lets just call it a day im too lazy to race like this. NEVER, let alone a 7 time WC. Lets be real, he cant accept that he isnt part fo the talk but Russel is who by the way handles that same crappy car just fine.

Last edited:
Seeing Max and Charles battle most of the season and now seeing Russell battle Max, even though it was without DRS, F1 is in good hands with this new generation.
Yes, I really like all 3 of them too. Sometimes it’s hard because I want them all to win lol

Edit.
For the Lewis haters, can’t argue with numbers. It was an amazing performance.
KINJxQM.jpg
RJ25tW5.jpg

Last edited:

Malcolm9

And thast normal behaviour of a 7 time world champion? He acts like a spoiled kid...what too embaressed to end up at the very back of the grid? Imagine if every team threw in the towel most of the time to save their engines when they see they wont make it into top 10 for points. Albon said it best a few years back: "sore loser" . Remember when he asked "do you get points for 10th place?" You have been racing forever, now all of a sudden you forgot fundemental rules of the game because you have been infront for so long. Sorry but I cant believe that BS. He is just a whiney baby and I feel sorry for his engineer and most of team that dont have the balls to speak up to himm but have to act as walking on egg shells so that he doesnt start crying.

I never heard another driver before in his SECOND lap say...ey guys, i wont get further than this, lets just call it a day im too lazy to race like this. NEVER, let alone a 7 time WC. Lets be real, he cant accept that he isnt part fo the talk but Russel is who by the way handles that same crappy car just fine.
It's normal behaviour for someone who's a serial winner.

Business

boring

I know it's historical and all...but I think they have to redesign a bit Monaco GP to make overtakes more viable

seeing Alonso going SECONDS slower and keeping everyone behind is stupid
Same thing when Ricciardo won in 2018 with a faulty MGU-K and so 25% less power. Monaco is prestigious, the qualy is a great test of driver skill, but the race is just stupid.

Top Bottom