• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former White House Press Secretary Blames China After Getting Bamboozled Over Bootleg PS4 Controller

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

boogrc6jglykc5nab94q.jpg

With all that’s going on in the world, there are a lot of things to get upset about right now! Blaming China because you got suckered into buying a bootleg PS4 controller on Amazon is maybe not one of them, though, especially if you’re the former White House press secretary for the Bush administration, Ari Fleischer.

Fleischer, a piece of shit who directly contributed to the lies and misdirection that have led to millions of deaths in Iraq, was misdirected himself recently when he went to buy a PS4 controller. In a tweet made earlier today, he says he recently got a PS4 for his kids and, needing a second controller went, and bought one on Amazon.

Look at those face icons! And the P4 button!

Fleischer, of course, blames China for this, not American company Amazon for its super shady practice of hosting countless millions of counterfeit products, nor the fact the type of controller he purchased is listed openly on the site with all five of its sales bullet points devoted to declaring that it’s “the third-party controller, not the original one.”

Pretty sure there was a problem with Dual Shock 3 controllers being fake on amazon or faulty back in the day

There still is. It is almost impossible to find genuine DS3s in box because the Chinese rip-offs copy almost every detail accurately and flood the market. You have to feel the button and joystick response or plug it into a computer and see what it is detected as.

I don't fault him for getting fooled, depending on what the packaging looked like - a legitimate seller could have thought it was real. And Amazon is very buyer friendly, so he could have easily gotten a refund just by taking a picture of the label.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I bet he just brought the cheapest controller he could find.

It was a cheap,Chinese knockoff

Surprised Pikachu

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this kinda funny cos i recently bought a controller that is a Voyee brand PS3 controller with the same buttons, only flipped.

61d4kJ8SUPL._AC_SY355_.jpg

tbh it plays really well.

the controller in their picture looks like of broken or bent. looks like they got scammed. yeah dunno seems like something that happens a million times a day just happened to be this guy this time.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Buying video game controllers must not be in the job requirements. Besides all that, video game bootlegs have been a thing since Space Invaders and PAC-MAN.

China doesn't need you sticking up for them.
Yeah, that last paragraph is the portion I did not expect... While I see why or how Amazon pushes for lower prices then lower salaries-this is because people sort by price.

This is not like those working on the latest iPhone did any better (well the last one they did). Or neither is it only American companies... How
about blaming the Chinese communist party for selling their population's work in sweatshop (they are getting too expensive for that now, BTW).

And organ harvesting concentration camps for the Uygurs minority in China are something else to be aware of when peddling in Chinese propaganda... Be wary of your associations, there are things you cannot draw parallels with pretty much anywhere else in the world going on right now in China.

Funny how Bush's press secretary gets pilloried for spreading bullshit about Iraq but trump's people are considered some kind of magisterial movement of meta moral minutemen

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
i hope he paid $79.99 for that.

but in reality, it was probably $12.99 and not only is he a moron, but also a cheapskate.

Tumle

boogrc6jglykc5nab94q.jpg

With all that’s going on in the world, there are a lot of things to get upset about right now! Blaming China because you got suckered into buying a bootleg PS4 controller on Amazon is maybe not one of them, though, especially if you’re the former White House press secretary for the Bush administration, Ari Fleischer.

Fleischer, a piece of shit who directly contributed to the lies and misdirection that have led to millions of deaths in Iraq, was misdirected himself recently when he went to buy a PS4 controller. In a tweet made earlier today, he says he recently got a PS4 for his kids and, needing a second controller went, and bought one on Amazon.
i think he's a piece of shit too... but how big of an amateur do you have to be, to write your own personal bias into an article?
what the fuck is wrong with people. Shit is not Always about you, but that one line tells me, the guy is more interested in smelling his own farts than reporting on anything.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
the thing with America seems to be blame everybody but yourself. I mean didn't he even read what he was buying in the advert. no way would it of said official controller, of coarse with the virus doing the rounds they gonna blame China for everything to

Top Bottom