• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former UFC champ Cain Velasquez arrested for attempting to shoot child molester

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez faces a charge of attempted murder after prosecutors say he shot one man while intending to kill another man who was recently charged with molesting one of Velasquez's relatives.

The shooting Monday afternoon occurred during an "11-mile, high speed chase through busy streets into San Jose," the Santa Clara, California, District Attorney's office said in a statement, as Velasquez pursued his target, who was in a vehicle with two other people. Velasquez, the statement said, fired at the vehicle from his Ford truck, striking his intended target's 63-year-old male relative.

Velasquez's intended victim, Harry Goularte, 43, is facing felony charges over allegations that he molested a child, the DA's office said in its statement. Velasquez's criminal complaint describes Goularte's alleged victim as a "close relative" of Velasquez.

Crazy story.

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
I sympathize in spirit, but you can’t just go blindly firing your pistol into a moving car with civilians all around like it’s GTA. Terribly sloppy, I get it the guy deserves to die, but you just sent yourself straight to prison bud. I guess if he did it cleanly we wouldn’t be reading about it, warning to all wannabe vigilantes it always ends bad for you.

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
Those tweets are talking like he didn't accidentally shoot the wrong person in his super justified quest for vengeance, just a little collateral damage is all. The guy that got shot was related to the offender, so I guess he's just as guilty. Does Cain become the bad guy if he kills some random innocent mother, father, child, grandmother, whoever happens to be behind his target as he's weaving through traffic like a maniac shooting his gun? We all hate child rapists, but we can also agree it's not justified putting hundreds of innocents in mortal danger who happen to be in the way of your target, right?

Last edited:

Irobot82

Those tweets are talking like he didn't accidentally shoot the wrong person in his super justified quest for vengeance, just a little collateral damage is all. The guy that got shot was related to the offender, so I guess he's just as guilty. Does Cain become the bad guy if he kills some random innocent mother, father, child, grandmother, whoever happens to be behind his target as he's weaving through traffic like a maniac shooting his gun? We all hate child rapists, but we can also agree it's not justified putting hundreds of innocents in mortal danger who happen to be in the way of your target, right?
It's my understanding it was the dudes father, who owned the daycare that enabled the pedo to pedo children.

Doom85

It's my understanding it was the dudes father, who owned the daycare that enabled the pedo to pedo children.

And were all the people on the 11 miles of the busy streets of San Jose also all pedos? Because that’s the only way one could justify this clown causing a high speed chase through that area.

This stupid bitch could have killed someone, even a child, with such actions. No, fuck this guy and he deserves some jail time and a fucking reality check. You‘re not Batman or Frank Castle, you chucklefuck.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Gotta feel for Cain, but he stupidly did attempt to murder someone and in the process shot someone else, so just like how the alleged pedo should go to jail if found guilty, so should Cain.

You can't just go and try to murder someone. You do that you deserve to be in jail, no matter what they are alleged to have done.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
A reasonable reaction to want revenge after what had taken place. He could have easily just turned up as himself to beat the shit out of the dude.

Or used a bat.
The gun not such a good idea.

Not a lawyer so. But I am sure it was it premeditated. That’s up to the jury to decide.

Last edited:
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

GymWolf

If it was just cain shooting this mofo in a dark alley i would be with him 100%, people like that doesn't deserve to live.

But doing what he did?? Too much risk for other people.

Why not just beating the shit of the guy for 10 hours instead? Break every single bone in his body, let him feed with a straw for the rest of his life, you dumbass cain.

Last edited:

June

dont understand why people dont go about their business with any kind of plan.

do it quietly and in the right time and place, not in broad daylight in a fucking gta pursuit, and probably no one would have cared smh

Irobot82

And were all the people on the 11 miles of the busy streets of San Jose also all pedos? Because that’s the only way one could justify this clown causing a high speed chase through that area.

This stupid bitch could have killed someone, even a child, with such actions. No, fuck this guy and he deserves some jail time and a fucking reality check. You‘re not Batman or Frank Castle, you chucklefuck.

Yup.

We certainly shouldn't blame the pedophile.
We certainly shouldn't blame the father of the pedophile who enabled his kid.
We certainly shouldn't blame the great state of California for letting this pedophiles out with no bail.

Cain did a stupid thing for sure. But there's a lot of blame to go around bud.
In the end, he's still the only one to stepped up to do what needed to be done.

MastaKiiLA

Can't back Cain here. He put the lives of many people in danger, and he ended up shooting the wrong person in the end. That's insanely reckless. It sucks what happened to his relative, but there's a better way of handling this.

Doom85

Yup.

We certainly shouldn't blame the pedophile.
We certainly shouldn't blame the father of the pedophile who enabled his kid.
We certainly shouldn't blame the great state of California for letting this pedophiles out with no bail.

Cain did a stupid thing for sure. But there's a lot of blame to go around bud.

I didn’t realize the pedophile mind controlled Cain and forced him to endanger countless people in order to exact revenge on this guy, which he couldn’t even do that competently.

And let’s be real, this was about revenge, not justice. You think Cain would read about some random pedo or murderer getting bail and had no connection to the crime and would have carried out the same action? No fucking way. Which thank god, the people of San Jose would probably be afraid to go out knowing any minute some random fucko could be driving around like a lunatic because he wants to play cowboy.

He didn’t do what needed to be done. If we do consider vigilante justice to be moral, then it can’t be done in a way that endangers countless innocent people like this. Anyone who thinks otherwise comes off as psychotic. Cain simply let his emotions take control of him, and in doing so committed actions that could have gotten innocent people killed. Fuck him. This is borderline-Ra’s al Ghul behavior right here, who was all about harming innocent people just so the corrupt also get what’s coming to them.

I’m not saying the pedo shouldn’t get what’s coming to him. We can call out one person’s horrendous behavior while still acknowledging another person’s awful actions. If someone regularly beat their wife, are we not allowed to call them out on that just because the guy’s brother burnt down an orphanage?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So he was the one who recognized the warning signs and contacted the police, making sure this was properly investigated and that other children in the day care center were removed from potential danger? He has been working with the victims to ensure that they get the proper care and treatment?
He will be there to offer support and help to all the members of his family impacted by this?
Or did he just lose his mind, risk people's lives, shoot someone who didn't deserve it, and end up in jail putting even more stress and pressure on the people who need his support?

Last edited:

Irobot82

So he was the one who recognized the warning signs and contacted the police, making sure this was properly investigated and that other children in the day care center were removed from potential danger? He has been working with the victims to ensure that they get the proper care and treatment?
He will be there to offer support and help to all the members of his family impacted by this?
Or did he just lose his mind, risk people's lives, shoot someone who didn't deserve it, and end up in jail putting even more stress and pressure on the people who need his support?
Someone who didn't deserve it? He ran a child daycare that enabled his some to pedo some kids. Just as guilty.

The police let the pedo go on no bail.

Last edited:

lukilladog

Someone who didn't deserve it? He ran a child daycare that enabled his some to pedo some kids. Just as guilty.

Unfortunately police tends to go soft on government officials and believe them over regular citizens.

dcll

Banned
They are probably thinking about memorials for this guy in San Francisco and Portland right now

Last edited:

TheGrat1

I sympathize in spirit, but you can’t just go blindly firing your pistol into a moving car with civilians all around like it’s GTA. Terribly sloppy, I get it the guy deserves to die, but you just sent yourself straight to prison bud. I guess if he did it cleanly we wouldn’t be reading about it, warning to all wannabe vigilantes it always ends bad for you.
Exactly. If this was neat and clean like Gary Plauche he would get off with a light sentence, assuming the evidence in this case is as strong as that one. No jury would convict him. His actions put many other people at risk and he is not going to slide on that.
not sure why you would need to bring a gun into this when you are Cain valasquez....
The elevation was too high for him to be effective.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

And let’s be real, this was about revenge, not justice. You think Cain would read about some random pedo or murderer getting bail and had no connection to the crime and would have carried out the same action? No fucking way. Which thank god, the people of San Jose would probably be afraid to go out knowing any minute some random fucko could be driving around like a lunatic because he wants to play cowboy.

He didn’t do what needed to be done. If we do consider vigilante justice to be moral, then it can’t be done in a way that endangers countless innocent people like this. Anyone who thinks otherwise comes off as psychotic. Cain simply let his emotions take control of him, and in doing so committed actions that could have gotten innocent people killed. Fuck him. This is borderline-Ra’s al Ghul behavior right here, who was all about harming innocent people just so the corrupt also get what’s coming to them.
Yes, this is about revenge, because the justice system failed yet again and let a known pedophile go. A pedophile who, as stated in the article, ran a daycare centre that enabled him access to potential victims. A pedophile who molested one of Cain’s only family members and, I repeat, got away with his heinous crime(s).

Are you telling me that if this happened to one of your own family members, you wouldn’t do the same? You’d roll over and sleep soundly knowing the justice system is beyond flawed and let’s monsters like this prowl the streets looking for their next victim?

Last edited:

Braag

Man, terrible news. Despite doing the wrong thing and taking the law into his own hands, I can't help but feel bad for Cain.

Doom85

Yes, this is about revenge, because the justice system failed yet again and let a known pedophile go. A pedophile who, as stated in the article, ran a daycare centre that enabled him access to potential victims. A pedophile who molested one of Cain’s only family members and, I repeat, got away with his heinous crime(s).

Are you telling me that if this happened to one of your own family members, you wouldn’t do the same? You’d roll over and sleep soundly knowing the justice system is beyond flawed and let’s monsters like this prowl the streets looking for their next victim?

Geezus fucking Christ, do you all have reading comprehension issues or some shit?! What part of CAIN STARTED A HIGH SPEED CHASE THROUGH 11 MILES OF BUSY STREETS is not getting through your fucking skulls?! Or do you just condone the possible murder/serious injury of countless innocent people to bring a person to justice?

Also, the pedo didn’t get away with shit, he was facing charges, at this point to quote Mr. Samuel L. Jackson, “English, do you speak it?!” Also, if you read the article, the pedo was going to have to stay at home with a tracking bracelet, so Cain could have just monitored the house until the trial instead of potentially killing innocent people.

This fucking thread, bringing out all the clowns. The fuck is happening here? No one better respond to me about this anymore until they actually read the damn article, I want to play Elden Ring, not deal with people who don’t know how to read or are okay with manslaughter of innocent people to kill one criminal. Or maybe you’d be cool with Mr. Cain slamming his car against one of your loved ones at high speed in order to kill someone whose verdict hadn’t even been delivered yet. You guys are making Era look sane in comparison. Check yourselves already, for fuck’s sake.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dude was champion of the world of course people make mistakes if you live in a gun heavy world you can expect things like this. I’m sure we’ll find out more information, the story sounds insane.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

News reports say his mother ran the daycare out of her home and he was staying in the house at the time. And he was on his way to get an ankle bracelet fitted when this happened. And how can the justice system have failed when he hasn't gone to trial yet?

Blade2.0

I'm sorry dude. But this is dumb as shit. Is Remington just as guilty as a murderer because they used their pistol to do it? Also, does the pedo not get a right to a trial of his peers? He hasn't even been found guilty, yet. You kind of have to let the system do its job before you can say it failed the victims.

Irobot82

I'm sorry dude. But this is dumb as shit. Is Remington just as guilty as a murderer because they used their pistol to do it? Also, does the pedo not get a right to a trial of his peers? He hasn't even been found guilty, yet. You kind of have to let the system do its job before you can say it failed the victims.
Hey son you're a pedo, here's some free kids. But hey you defend that pedo bro. Enjoy that.

Irobot82

WTF are you talking about?
The pedophile's father owns a daycare. He allowed his son to pedo kids in said daycare. He is an enabler and deserves as much punishment as a pedo.

WTF do you and dumbass85 not understand. Cain's actions were fucking stupid but all pedos deserve the worst death imaginable.

Last edited:

Doom85

The pedophile's father owns a daycare. He allowed his son to pedo kids in said daycare. He is an enabler and deserves as much punishment as a pedo.

Well, if the evidence is that clear, then SHOCKER, the dude will be found guilty. And then, brace yourself, pedophiles don’t last very long in prison…..

Don’t go anywhere, after the commercial break we’ll teach Irobot82 what 2 + 2 equals!

Last edited:

Irobot82

Well, if the evidence is that clear, then SHOCKER, the dude will be found guilty. And then, brace yourself, pedophiles don’t last very one in prison…..

Don’t go anywhere, after the commercial break we’ll teach Irobot82 what 2 + 2 equals!
You sound like a man/woman/nonbinary who has no kids.

I would pray for the restraint to not do what Cain did and do my best to get to person before the court did.

Last edited:

Doom85

You sound like a man/woman/nonbinary who has no kids.

And you sound like a fool who took a L but is too proud to admit it and is just digging themselves deeper.

Also, didn’t realize you had to have kids of your own to possess empathy for children. And that having kids lets you break the law and endanger innocent bystanders whenever you deem it “justified”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom