• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Rockstar Designer Says Former Top Executive Groped Him

nani17

are in a big trouble
When Colin Bundschu first started at Rockstar Games in November of 2014, he says his new colleagues offered a warning: Don’t cross Jeronimo Barrera. Barrera, the vice president of product development, would often fly in from New York to visit Rockstar’s offices in Carlsbad, California, where they were all working on the Western game Red Dead Redemption 2. Bundschu was told to be cautious when Barrera came to town. Mind how you talk to him, multiple coworkers and managers said. Barrera, one of Rockstar’s top executives, had a reputation for screaming at people, and there were rumors that he had shouted at staff who’d rubbed him the wrong way, telling them they were fired.

So Bundschu wasn’t sure what to do when, at a work gathering shortly after he started, he says Barrera groped him, asked Bundschu to sit on his lap, and rubbed his inner thigh area. These allegations about events from 2014 are being made public for the first time today, but in the days after the incident allegedly happened, Bundschu filed a report to Rockstar’s human resources department and told at least four other people. After an HR investigation that involved speaking to Barrera and others present, and following a dispute over whether Barrera had denied the accusation or told Rockstar he didn’t remember, the company ultimately found Bundschu’s account to be unsubstantiated. A few months after that, Bundschu left Rockstar, and eventually, he exited the video game industry. (He wrote about the incident in a book he self-published on Amazon in 2017, but he used pseudonyms for Barrera and everyone else involved.)

Over the past two months, Kotaku has conducted several interviews with Bundschu and reviewed e-mails between Bundschu and Rockstar HR as well as a seven-page document that Bundschu says he wrote at the time, on the advice of his lawyer uncle, detailing the events of that night and the days afterward. Bundschu said he is going on the record now, four and a half years after the event, because he hopes that going public will help prevent incidents like this from happening again. He also said one of the reasons he was talking about this story was because we’d reached out. (We had first contacted Bundschu in January, after hearing wind of the allegations.)

Barrera, who departed from Rockstar in 2018 after two decades with the company, denies these allegations. When reached by Kotaku last week, he first called to say that the incident had not happened, then sent over a statement through his attorney, Robert Tracy: “Mr. Barrera categorically denies all of the allegations of misconduct you raised with him.” Tracy and Barrera would not elaborate further or comment on the specifics in this story. “Mr. Barrera stands by his statement,” Tracy said in an email when given more details.

When contacted for comment, Rockstar and parent company Take-Two Interactive provided a statement, attributed to Take-Two spokesperson Alan Lewis: “We take these matters extremely seriously. While we do not comment publicly on the specifics of individual investigations, in any case where an employee raises workplace concerns, we investigate them and take appropriate action.” Rockstar would not comment further.

Late last year, a Kotaku investigation detailed Rockstar’s extensive overtime hours and the “culture of fear” experienced by current and former employees, all of whom were granted anonymity so they could speak freely without fear of repercussion. But crunch wasn’t the only thing that impacted morale at Rockstar. While reporting on that story, I heard anecdotes about a frat house-like environment within Rockstar, particularly at the company’s California office. (Rockstar consists of over two thousand employees working in eight offices around the world.) Current and former employees shared stories of Rockstar work trips to strip clubs. Several people described what they called a “cult”-like mentality, where employees were expected to attend social events regularly, and those who left Rockstar were shunned (a mentality encapsulated by Rockstar’s policy, confirmed by the company to Kotaku last year, that anyone who leaves before a game is shipped will not be in that game’s credits). One name kept emerging as one of the driving forces behind this culture: Jeronimo Barrera, the vice president of product development and one of the most powerful people at Rockstar.

Although Barrera is no longer at Rockstar, he served as one of the top decision-makers (just under co-founders Sam and Dan Houser) at a company that brings in billions of dollars in revenue thanks to mega-franchises like Grand Theft Auto. Barrera helped lead development on some of the most critically acclaimed games out there, like Bully and Red Dead Redemption. He often did interviews with journalists to market Rockstar games, and he was a top manager at the company.

On Friday, November 21, 2014, a large group of Rockstar employees held a work event at a restaurant in Encinitas, California, several miles away from Rockstar San Diego, as the Carlsbad office is called. They were celebrating some of the designers that Rockstar had hired recently, including Colin Bundschu, who had moved from Seattle that month, leaving behind his friends and long-term girlfriend to take what he saw as a dream job.
“This was a huge move for me, and I was really committed,” Bundschu said. “It was my in into becoming a game designer, which had been my dream and my goal. I was very dedicated to making sure I didn’t fuck it up.”
Earlier that day, Bundschu had met Jeronimo Barrera, who lived in New York but often flew out to Rockstar’s California offices, where Bundschu had just started his new job as a multiplayer designer on Red Dead 2. Bundschu says his manager had warned him to watch what he said, that Barrera could be temperamental—a reputation that Bundschu says he witnessed in his very first conversation with Barrera.

“He introduced himself to me by asking, ‘Have you played through the current build of the game?’” Bundschu said. “I said, ‘Yeah, I actually played through the whole thing earlier.’ He said, ‘That’s good, because I’ve had to fire people for not doing that before.’”
When asked about Barrera, 13 other current and former Rockstar employees shared first- or second-hand stories about his behavior, with most using the words “abrasive” or “volatile” to describe him. All requested anonymity because they said they were scared to harm their careers or scared of retaliation from Rockstar. Some said they had seen Barrera reprimand co-workers for staying friends with ex-Rockstar colleagues on Facebook; others shared anecdotes of drunken antics and pranks gone awry. One common story, not verified firsthand by Kotaku but shared secondhand by three people, was that at a party one evening Barrera had drunkenly tackled a designer into a bush. (The designer did not respond to a request for comment.)
One former Rockstar employee who said they were friendly with Barrera still described the executive’s behavior as “outrageous.” Two people shared a story about a group of new QA testers who had been invited out to a dinner by Barrera but did not attend because they were working overtime. When they did go out to the bar, later in the night, Barrera berated them for not coming earlier and told them they were fired, according to the two people, who both said they’d watched it happen. Later, said the two people, someone else from Rockstar called to tell the testers that they were not, in fact, fired, and that they should come back to work.

Barrera, who played a pivotal role in many of Rockstar’s games, from Red Dead Redemption to Bully, was one of the highest-ranking managers at the company. Many of the developers who spoke to Kotaku said he was feared because he had the authority to reprimand or fire anyone, an authority that those developers said he would remind employees of often. One person from Rockstar San Diego’s office said they were “nervous to be around him.” Another said they would warn new employees to be careful what they said near him. A third said they’d seen Barrera screaming at designers under him, and a fourth said the executive treated Rockstar employees “more like frat brothers than co-workers.” A fifth developer, in Rockstar’s New York headquarters, said they made a point to ensure that Barrera never got to know them, on the warning of some of their colleagues. “He had a reputation for firing people and being pretty abrasive,” that person said.

Some people who worked with Barrera said he could be charismatic and gregarious, helping solve production issues at the San Diego office; when people complained that they had to pay for sodas, for example, Barrera declared that they’d now be free. But if you caught him at the wrong time, Rockstar staff said, you never knew what might happen. “He was a loose cannon,” said a sixth person who worked with Barrera. “You didn’t want to get on his bad side. He could make or break you at the company.” A seventh former Rockstar employee, who worked in the San Diego office, said they were scared to be in the same room as Barrera. “The dude was petty and had personal vendettas against people all the time, made work super uncomfortable,” they said. “Say or do one ‘wrong’ thing in front of him and you could get fired on the spot… Super inappropriate around people in general, discussing and encouraging things like sex and drugs a lot.”

Barrera was in California when Rockstar held its meet-and-greet for new developers on that Friday in November of 2014. During dinner, Bundschu says he was sitting next to two other new designers when Barrera came over and started talking to him. According to Bundschu’s account, Barrera was friendly, but after a while, Bundschu started to feel like he was getting most of the top executive’s attention. “He’s only talking to me, and the other two guys cannot get in a word edgewise,” Bundschu said.

Barrera eventually exited the restaurant, and soon afterwards, by Bundschu’s recollection, two Rockstar lead designers told Bundschu and the other two new hires to come with them down the street to a nearby nightclub. As they were walking, Bundschu says, the leads warned the new hires about Barrera’s behavior, telling them to be cautious not to upset him. “They said, ‘Look, we don’t want the three of you to get fired tonight, so whatever you do, don’t do anything to piss him off,’” said Bundschu.

When they got to the nightclub, Bundschu remembers seeing Barrera at a booth with several other Rockstar staffers, complete with full table service: bottles of vodka, mixers, and so on. They all sat down, Bundschu says, and talked for a while. “When I finished my drink, he’d make me another immediately, say, ‘Here, here, keep drinking,’” said Bundschu. “He was actively encouraging me to drink. It was not like I was sitting there helping myself.”

Bundschu estimated he had three drinks, adding that he remembers everything that happened. (“I want to be clear—I remember this so clearly. I wasn’t so drunk that my memory is impaired or anything.”) Barrera moved to the end of the table, Bundschu says, and then asked who wanted to go to the dance floor. Bundschu volunteered, and then, he says, things started getting uncomfortable.

“He stands up and comes up to me, and I don’t know how to say it other than he starts aggressively groping me,” Bundschu said. “Out of the blue. There was no warning, no anything; he just goes for it. I just freaked… It felt like an eternity, but it couldn’t have been more than a couple of minutes.”

Barrera stopped and sat back down at the booth alongside their colleagues. Then, Bundschu says, Barrera spread his legs and gestured for Bundschu to come sit on his lap. Bundschu says he remembers freezing.

“I’m thinking, ‘What are my options?’” Bundschu said. “A) I get fired if I don’t do something, and B) he either wants me to grope him, which I’m not fucking doing, or C) maybe I can do something differently. I’m like, ‘Okay, well, I can probably just give him basically a lap dance without touching him,’ which is what I did… I know it sounds terrible, but what do you do? Fuck, it was like, I’d just started. I’d given up so much for this job.”

A few seconds after Bundschu started the lap dance, he recalls, one of his co-workers told him to stop, which he did, writing later in his notes that he felt “extremely ashamed and embarrassed. I have no interest in men and certainly no interest in Jeronimo, and doing what he told me to do in front of the people I work with was very humiliating.” (That co-worker did not respond to requests for comment.) Then he moved to the other side of the table, as far away from Barrera as he could get. “I picked up a glass of water, sat there staring into it, and said nothing for like 20 minutes,” Bundschu said. “For those 20 minutes, my ears were ringing and I didn’t know what to do. I’m like, ‘Fuck, am I gonna get fired? What the fuck is going on right now?’ I was just stunned.”

Then, Bundschu says, Barrera swung around the table and sat down next to him. Bundschu remembers being in mid-conversation with a colleague when, he says, Barrera started rubbing Bundschu’s inner thigh. “I’m sitting there holding my drink and my hands are shaking,” said Bundschu. “I remember looking down and I could see the water in the glass vibrating.”

Shortly afterwards, according to Bundschu’s account, the colleague on his other side looked at Barrera and told him to stop. (The colleague who Bundschu identified is still employed in a lead position at Rockstar and did not respond to requests for comment.) At that point, Bundschu says Barrera stopped, stood up, and went back to the other side of the table.

Bundschu says he then got up to exit the club with two co-workers. “Jeronimo says, ‘Are you leaving already?’” Bundschu said. “I’m like, ‘Yes,’ staring at the ground. I can’t even make eye contact with him. He said, ‘Why aren’t you staying longer? This is not okay.’ I said, ‘I’m sorry, my ride’s here.’ He’s pissed, but I’m like, ‘Sorry, I need to leave.’”

Kotaku attempted to interview as many of the people who Bundschu said were at the nightclub as possible. Some didn’t respond. One said they hadn’t seen “anything inappropriate happen.” Others said they didn’t remember the events of that night. One person confirmed part of Bundschu’s story, saying that they’d seen the two men dancing near their table. “Jeronimo was grinding up and down on his leg,” the person said. “I do remember Jeronimo looking directly at him… Colin was smiling, but it wasn’t a comfortable smile. It was almost like Colin was being flopped around.”

Four of Colin Bundschu’s former Rockstar colleagues told Kotaku that, in the days afterward, Bundschu shared parts of this story with them. One said Bundschu told them that Barrera had grabbed his penis, another said Bundschu had told them Barrera groped him on a dance floor, and the other two said they’d heard broader details. “I remember him saying, ‘What do you do when the vice president of your company touches you?’” said one. A second described it this way: “He told me he had been groped… He was really upset, so I didn’t want to press him on anything he didn’t want to talk about.”

On Sunday, November 23, 2014, two days after the incident, Bundschu met with Rockstar San Diego’s director of human resources, Kelly Gibson. “She said she had no doubt that what I said was true, as I was extremely detailed and thorough,” Bundschu wrote in his notes at the time. “She apologized for what had happened, and said that I would need to hold on until she talked to some people. She also said that the kind of behavior I experienced ‘is not Rockstar, we are here to make games and that is it.’”

In the coming days, Bundschu had a series of meetings with Gibson and with the company’s head of HR, Rob Spampinato, who called in from New York and later flew out to California for a meeting. Bundschu says they informed him they’d talked to several employees who were at the club that night, including Jeronimo Barrera, and that those people had said they didn’t remember anything. “She told me that since Jeronimo ‘did not remember’ the events of the night, that there was not much they could do,” Bundschu wrote in his notes.

This significant detail—whether Barrera and others did not remember the incident, or denied that it had happened—was later disputed by Rockstar. In an email to Bundschu dated December 30, 2014, provided by Bundschu, Spampinato wrote that Barrera had not in fact said he didn’t remember the night’s events, but that he’d explicitly denied Bundschu’s allegations.

“First, we have never stated to you that Jeronimo or other witnesses that you asked us to speak with were unable to ‘remember’ if the events you alleged took place or not,” Spampinato wrote to Bundschu. “Rather, and importantly, Jeronimo flatly denied your allegations. The other several individuals you identified as present during the evening of November 21 stated that they did not witness the conduct you described, and they generally did not support your allegations. We have no reason to believe that any of the witnesses were fearful of being candid, and we believe that they were each being truthful when they spoke with us.”

Spampinato’s email went on to say that the company had taken “prompt, careful and thorough steps to address the allegations that you have raised” and that his investigation had determined that Bundschu’s claims were unsubstantiated.

“Given that your allegations could not be substantiated, the remedial action against Jeronimo that you appear to seek is not warranted,” Spampinato wrote. “During the course of this matter, however, we have made clear to Jeronimo and others that Rockstar does not tolerate sexually hostile or inappropriate conduct. We have also offered to facilitate a meeting with Jeronimo so that you could discuss this matter with him in a comfortable environment, and Jeronimo offered, in such meeting, to apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable (please let us know if you would like us to arrange that meeting in which Kelly can be present). We have also informed all those involved that there may be no retaliation or adverse action against you for bringing this matter to our attention.” (Bundschu told me he declined that opportunity to meet with Barrera, calling it an “insane” and “embarrassing” idea.)

In response, Bundschu wrote that until then, he’d been under the impression that Barrera told Rockstar he had no memory of the evening. “This is the first time you have made this statement, and it is inconsistent with what you told me in Kelly’s presence over the phone on multiple occasions—and what Kelly told me—on multiple occasions,” he wrote to Spampinato in the email exchange obtained by Kotaku. “You and Kelly both told me that Jeronimo said he was drunk and he told you he did not remember what happened at the nightclub. Consistent with this statement, during our conversations you said: ‘He doesn’t remember, so what do you want us to do?’ Kelly made similar statements to me.”

It was a pivotal dispute, and ultimately, Rockstar HR concluded that events had not happened as Bundschu described, although Spampinato also said in his email that the company would be going through anti-harassment training shortly thereafter.

“In conclusion, we will follow up with you periodically to review with you how things are progressing and to ensure the work environment is professional and productive for you and your colleagues,” Spampinato wrote. “To that end, I also note that we will soon be delivering anti-harassment training to all Rockstar San Diego employees. You and your colleagues should receive notice of this training shortly.”

Bundschu says he wanted to stay at Rockstar, but that the entire experience made him feel like that was impossible. By the end of 2014, he was looking for other jobs. Meanwhile, word of the incident between him and Barrera had spread elsewhere in the studio.

“It certainly was office gossip,” said one person who worked for Rockstar at the time. “I remember talking to peers about it. Nobody could quite understand it. I guess the assumption was that it was sort of a joke, jock type of thing… There was no way Colin was going to lie about it. It had serious consequences to him. It obviously happened. But it was impossible to understand, verify whether it was a joke.”

Over the last year, for this story and others, I’ve spoken to dozens of people who work or have worked at Rockstar. Many of those people said they loved working there, and that getting to help make games like Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption was an experience that they’d remember forever. But there’s a common perception at Rockstar that employees who are perceived as negative, as “rocking the boat,” can’t succeed at the company, which has led many of those people to keep their problems to themselves. One current employee said they felt like Rockstar’s HR “can’t be trusted,” adding that even if they had a serious issue to bring up, they’d be afraid to draw that kind of negative attention to themselves.

“There was no way I’d complain to HR at Rockstar about anything,” said a second person who worked at Rockstar. “Once you’re negative, you’re not really wanted at the company.”

In the first week of March 2015, Bundschu submitted his two-week resignation notice to Rockstar. In response, HR told him to stop coming in right away.

“This is something women in the video game industry have to deal with all the time,” Bundschu told me on the phone recently. “As a white dude, I thought I was kinda immune to it—an attitude I’ve matured out of.”

Barrera remained at Rockstar, continuing to work on Red Dead Redemption 2 into 2018, when he quietly exited the company.

After leaving Rockstar, Bundschu went to Oculus to work as an engineer for a year, then switched careers entirely. He says he left the video game industry as a result of his experiences with Barrera and Rockstar.

“It could’ve been a really cool job, could’ve been a really cool career,” he said. “After that happens to you, it changes everything.”

https://kotaku.com/former-rockstar-designer-says-former-top-executive-grop-1835067943

Interesting.

I try not to rush to judgment and consider both sides of a story nowadays, but one thing I can empathize with is this:

“There was no way I’d complain to HR at Rockstar about anything,” said a second person who worked at Rockstar. “Once you’re negative, you’re not really wanted at the company.”

I have been there, in this regard, myself multiple times working in public schools as a classified employee who didn't have a union of any sort to back him over prioritized certified employees. I don't know how it works in game development but I completely understand being afraid to file any complaint, no matter how egregious

I'm one of those individuals who has practically no respect or appreciation for company executives. They take advantage of the creative efforts of those below them and command extortionate salaries as a result. Only people who need to be reported in the games industry are the programmers, designers and artists who work countless hours for these braindead drones.

Mista

Banned
Groped which means he fondled with the employee without their consent? Am I supposed to be shocked? This thing has been going forever but suddenly everyone got the courage to speak about it. This world is mad so I’m not surprised at all

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
People need to start taking out their cellphones and get started recording visual evidence of crimes.

We as a society have gotten use to do doing this when it comes to "police misconduct" but not for the rest of everyday life, why?

You see the issue is that even if you're in the right morally, without any tangible evidence, you are still at the complete mercy of the public courts.

I've had this happen to me. Even in broad daylight, I was attacked on the bus while being surrounded by several eyewitnesses (who did nothing but watch). Yet had I retaliated against my attacker, I would have been the one facing prison charges despite everyone knowing full well it would be self defense.

Get your camera out and don't let people take fucking advantage of you. The second time an incident like this happen to me but I threatened to record it, it forced the person to back down. Without evidence, no one will ever believe you.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
the piece of shit in question

hqdefault.jpg

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
With a name like Jeronimo what did they expect? Sounds like the dude was a party animal.

Last edited:

ROMhack

As much as I dislike reading about politics, I'm genuinely happy when stuff like this gets exposed. It's really not okay.

I was once part of a company which had a drug culture. All the senior execs ignored it until Glassdoor came along and loads of their ex-employees exposed them.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
How many of your work peers would you grope especially ones that you met within the span of a day without some type of reciprocation.

Answer: FUCKING NONE OF THEM

Everything about Barrera screams the same type of entitlement from guys like Harvey Weinsten.

The subtle dismissal tells you 1. People above him knew and 2. There were people above him.

I will cut up with co-workers that and let rip with a good raunchy joke if I know them well enough to know they will find it funny, but I've always had an iron-clad rule of 'no touching' beyond a simple handshake.

JordanN

Banned
I will cut up with co-workers that and let rip with a good raunchy joke if I know them well enough to know they will find it funny, but I've always had an iron-clad rule of 'no touching' beyond a simple handshake.
Honestly, it always confuses me why there are people who feel the need to touch others inappropriately, especially those in higher positions of power.

Like you said, other than a handshake, I can't think of any other reason to grab someone compulsively. Even bumping into a co-worker accidentally, I always apologize and do my best to avoid it the next time.

Fbh

Can't speak for the groping part but everything else about the dude sounds almost exactly like one of the top managers at the company I used to work for (Screaming at people, "firing" people on the spot for silly or petty reasons, humiliating employees in public).... so I'm not surprised

TLZ

Banned
I read the whole thing. It reads like the perfect GTA story. The perfect character for the company. I'd even say GTA characters were based on him from what I've read about him here.

But this one, this one takes the cake. I couldn't help but laugh hard and go WTF at the same time:

I’m like, ‘Okay, well, I can probably just give him basically a lap dance without touching him,’ which is what I did…

Come the f on. This stupid hilarious shit is on you :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Never in a million years would I even remotely think of anything like this. I'd keep smiling at the guy and keep saying no thanks. If I was one of the colleagues at the table I'd spit out whatever's in my mouth in complete shock and laugh hard.

mitch1971

if that happened to me , the guy would of got a good punch to the chin. If fired, I would of smacked the fuck out of him outside his employment.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

somerset

I was once in a meeting where the company hard-man enforcer was present in order to intimidate myself and my partner. It amused me to control him so he never got to do his "mad man" act (you simply set your 'boss' against the hard-man instead), but all corporations above a certain size tend to have this way of doing biz.

However, the corporate world stinks. If you go into it not knowing the rules of survival, it'll chew you up and spit you out, or make you hopeless and sad.

That said, male cry-babies long after the fact really disturb me. Doesn't seem very manly if you could have and failed to do something at the time. This thought doesn't apply to people who use insider knowledge of abuse to defend themselves later when they find themselves under public attack- as we witnessed with the voice actor behind Claptrap, and the utter scumbag who runs Gearbox.

the piece of shit in question

hqdefault.jpg

He resembles a drummer for one of those shitty rock bands who play in piss-stained New York bars in order to get a record deal.

Must have sucked some major c**k to reach CEO of Take 2 Interactive, because he doesn't look like the type who went to business school.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Look. I was once groped at work. This secretary "guy" always hung around my office. I had a spidey sense he fancied my Anaconda. One day he came asking for something, and while I was looking, he totally caught me off guard and grabbed my business. Quite a handful! First time this has happened to me (by a "man"). I froze for a moment out of sheer shock and trying to compute wtf just happened, while staring at him in shock and anger. He saw my telling unhappy face and ran off out of my office and I ran after him. I so wanted to do a "Get Over Here!" Mortal Kombat move, but sadly I ain't no Scorpio. So I had to stop running after the wanker because we looked like 2 schoolboys running around like idiots at work :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Can't blame the poor sod :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:
I am so appalled, I am against rape AND molestation. Man, how sickened I am honestly is equivalent to how much of a good person I am and how morally correct my compass is. I'm just absolutely disgusted, because I am such a good person.

(This just a parody of some forums with this sort of news.)

Not saying if these events are true that they are not bad, just that I feel a lot of people use these types of rumors as a way to virtue signal.

With all that said, I do know some inner workings of Rockstar and I am super inclined to believe all these accounts.

It'd almost certainly get me fired (and probably charges filed against me), but I might consider it a fair trade for having the opportunity and motivation to flatten the nose of a douchebag like that.

Last edited:
  • LOL

SonGoku

Honestly, it always confuses me why there are people who feel the need to touch others inappropriately, especially those in higher positions of power.
idk if its just me and some friends we like to pretend we are gay and touch each other on thighs to make the other uncomfortable, not at the same time mind you.
Of course this is done between friends, not with Randoms.

bucyou

Barrera seems like one of those bro's who tries to get a blowjob from a dude and is like nah bro i aint gay and acts irrationally angry towards any perceived gayness

A.Romero

So is there a lawsuit in place or he feels he doesn't have enough? How does it work if neither work at the company anymore?

nush

Gold Member
This has to be one of the most damp squib SJW bait stories I've seen in a while. Jason thought the got a Rockstar scandal scoop only for few people to care becuse the victim is a guy and the alleged perpetrator no longer works at Rockstar so they can't protest for him to be fired.

Saruhashi

Banned
No reason to doubt his story and it seems like the HR department just wanted to play it down and get rid of it.

This part of the article really pisses me off though.

“This is something women in the video game industry have to deal with all the time,” Bundschu told me on the phone recently. “As a white dude, I thought I was kinda immune to it—an attitude I’ve matured out of.”

Like, even when reporting on what is a pretty shitty incident at a major developer (if true), that seems to have been brushed under the carpet by the company, they have to inject some kind of identity politics into it.

He might as well sign of with "I hadn't ever prayed until that night but now I realize that Jesus is always with me".

Fuck. Off.

How do you take an incident that shows that ANYONE in the games industry could have to deal with this, regardless of gender, and still manage to sign off with "women have to deal with this all the time"?

Fucksakes, so even when a white guy is (allegedly) sexually harassed and assaulted at a work function in front of colleagues he still has to bend the knee to Intersectional Feminism and state that women have it worse but now he's all mature cos he knows what it's like now?

Just had to get that wee bit in at the end, eh?
Your boss grabbed your dick in front of your colleagues and the company basically told you to fuck off? Well now you know what women feel like everyday!
Kotaku really are a bunch of cunts.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Most of us got raped mate
I didnt. When the guy said “Hey mister, come inside” i knew something was up and shot him as precaution. I was releaved when i heard what he had done to you guys.
So sleep calm, for i avenged you.

Alfen Dave

I'm one of those individuals who has practically no respect or appreciation for company executives. They take advantage of the creative efforts of those below them and command extortionate salaries as a result. Only people who need to be reported in the games industry are the programmers, designers and artists who work countless hours for these braindead drones.

based.

Don't worry guys, a dude who looks like that and has the need to grope and harass employees clearly has a shitty piece of shit life and will probably off himself anytime after this news spread.

Top Bottom