• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Payday Developer Making a Co-Op Heist FPS With New Studio

Bullet Club

Former Payday Developer Making a Co-Op Heist FPS With New Studio​

"I'm back on the heist shit."

Ulf Andersson, who worked on Payday and Payday 2, is returning to the co-op heist genre with his studio 10 Chambers. During an interview with NME, the developer revealed that his upcoming game will be a cyberpunk style, team-based action game.

“I'm back on the heist shit, basically,” he said. “So, it's a heist cooperative FPS, and it has a sort of a techno-thriller theme. I read a lot of sci-fi books, and so imagine everything that cyberpunk is inspired by, and a ton of other shit.”

The Payday games were defined by heavy action – gunning your way out of a bank and making off with as much cash as you could cram into a sports bag.

However, Andersson’s upcoming game isn’t that. “This one won't be constant shooting,” he explained. “Payday had a massive problem where the action would ramp up and then it would just stay ramped up.”

Andersson struck out on his own as CEO and founder of 10 Chambers after working on the two original Payday games, and the new studio is clearly taking a different approach to their upcoming heist game… but how it all works out remains to be seen. Either way, it looks as though it won’t be as difficult as its previous game, GTFO.

“You can sneak for an hour, at least, and then just fucking die, right?” he said about GTFO. But his next game will be a bit more forgiving. “So, it's not gonna have that hardcore thing to it. It is more mechanically smooth, or you could say, easier to play.”

IGN’s review of GTFO said: “While the symptoms of its early access state may be keenly felt where breadth of content is concerned there is no shortage of depth in GTFO. It’s clever, creepy, and already surprisingly polished, and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.”

As for the upcoming game, it doesn’t have a name yet… or a release date. “We haven't put a date on it,” said Andersson. “We don't want to miss a deadline or overpromise. We're in pre-production at the moment, but things are ramping up quite fast.”

Want to read more about Payday? Check out what we know about Payday 3 so far, as well as when the highly anticipated sequel is coming.

Source: IGN

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
However, Andersson’s upcoming game isn’t that. “This one won't be constant shooting,” he explained. “Payday had a massive problem where the action would ramp up and then it would just stay ramped up.”
Love how he's talking shit/lies after leaving payday on bad terms.

Top Bottom