• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Gears of War game design director Katie Scott appointed VP of editorial at Ubisoft

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Based in Vancouver, Scott is the latest addition to Ubisoft’s global creative office, which launched in October 2022.

In her new role, Scott will be responsible for ensuring alignment between Ubisoft’s worldwide production teams and its overall editorial strategy.

During her decade-long career in the industry, Scott was most recently game design director on the Gears of War universe at Xbox studio The Coalition.

Prior to that, she worked in game design at Electronic Arts, where she contributed to four FIFA games.

“A passionate diversity and inclusion advocate in the video game industry, Katie has over the course of her career designed and implemented a variety of initiatives, such as a framework to help production teams ensure meaningful representation in their games,” said Ubisoft. “She also acted as The Coalition Studio’s Accessibility Champion.”

Scott commented: “I am excited to join Ubisoft and collaborate with its talented, international teams to build memorable experiences that bring together players from around the world.

“Ubisoft’s brands are some of the most beloved in the industry, and I look forward to working with our production teams to help shape the creative vision behind them.”

Ubisoft’s senior VP of studio operations, Marie-Sophie de Waubert, said of Scott’s appointment: “I am confident that as a member of the Global Creative Office, she will empower our production teams to co-build Ubisoft’s creative vision across our portfolio, and help us continue to develop inclusive titles that players from every walk of life can enjoy.”

Goalus

During her decade-long career in the industry, Scott was most recently game design director on the Gears of War universe at Xbox studio The Coalition.

“A passionate diversity and inclusion advocate in the video game industry, Katie has over the course of her career designed and implemented a variety of initiatives, such as a framework to help production teams ensure meaningful representation in their games,” said Ubisoft.
Her departure seems to be a win for The Coalition.

Top Bottom