• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former COD, Spec Ops, Tomb Raider, and Yaiba devs start Tangentlemen

element

Another groups of devs have gone indie, starting a new studio called Tangentlemen. The groups sounds solid including:
  • Richard Smith (art director) was a former Infinity Ward senior artist and he contributed to the art of Respawn's Titanfall
  • Cory Davis (lead designer) was the key creative force behind Spec Ops: The Line
  • Toby Gard (game director) helped launch the original Tomb Raider and create Lara Croft back in 1995
  • Five additional team members come straight from working on Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z with Davis and Gard

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fo...o-make-their-own-next-gen-title/1100-6418326/

I remember being hyped as fuck for Galleon back in the day when Gard left the Tomb Raider team. That thing was Diakatana-esque. Be interesting to see what they have in store.

Flarin

Spec Ops: The Line was the shit. All those names together sounds promising.
I see a trend developing in the industry...

Dragon

Banned
Man I love me some Tia Carrere.

daedalus.jpg

-MD-

Honestly, none of the games these guys worked on outside of the original Tomb Raider were any good to me.

I won't write off an upcoming game due to that but I can't say I care a whole lot at this point just from looking at the team.

Just found out about this on Joystiq. I find it kind of weird that they have no programmers. Are they planning on heavily utilizing something like Game Maker?

Top Bottom