• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten dinosaur games

Ok, this isn't going to be much to go on, but does anyone remember a dinosaur game, it was a low budget indie game, that came out several years ago and then they were working on a spinoff/sequel using the Unreal Engine 4 that I assume never materialized and was canceled? It was going to be a first person game.

It might have had "Primal" or "Evolution" in the title but I can't at all be sure.

If this sounds familiar to anyone at all please let me know what the title was.

OP, do you know that thread?

John Bilbo

You reminded me of an older Dinosaur game for PC called "Carnivores" I loved that game, it's a FPS hunter game where you "try" to hunt specific dinos.

I played Carnivores quite a bit back in the day. I remember it being quite immersive, and scary at times. It took me some time to learn to hunt the raptors.

skit_data

You reminded me of an older Dinosaur game for PC called "Carnivores" I loved that game, it's a FPS hunter game where you "try" to hunt specific dinos.

Few games scares the shit out of you in the same way Carnivores 1&2 did. The sudden *thump, thump, THUMP, THUMP* when you got spotted by one of the larger carnivores always sent the adrenaline pumping. Pretty impressive game for its time, in terms of immersion.

Last edited:
Alright OP, you got your answer.

Now tell us why you wanted to know in the first place.

200.gif

Last edited:

John Bilbo

Few games scares the shit out of you in the same way Carnivores 2 did. The sudden *thump, thump, THUMP, THUMP* when you got spotted by one of the larger carnivores always sent the adrenaline pumping. Pretty impressive game for its time, in terms of immersion.
I think the way the dinosaurs could smell your scent based on the direction of the wind added much to the immersion. It was a cool system. Dunno if modern hunting games have such systems.

Top Bottom