• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those of you who spend New Year's Eve at home & alone: got any gaming plans for the night?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not much to do at my hometown, so at around 2am I went home and enjoyed a spliff while doing some kung-fu shit as Yagami in Lost Judgment.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Brought my series s to my lady friends house (she had to do so some stuff)

DhCFiYs.jpg
ZYFgi5P.jpg

Played some Halo MP not much though.

Got banned for leaving 4 or 5 BS gametypes in a row. Prolly for the best.

Last edited:

Corian33

Played Farming Simulator 22 and Rocket League with a couple friends while listening to music. Very chill and good times.

I live in a high rise apartment on the 8th floor in a city in the South above a bar/lounge on the ground floor. They were blasting the bass on the party music and people were yelling loud enough I can hear it as if was in the hallway. It closed at 2 am.

To counter that I played Hell Let Loose until closing time with headphones on and the volume way up. Now, not only am I sleep deprived, I also have PTSD.

Well, I just stayed indoors. I finished FF: Strangers Paradise tonight and then got invited by a friend to Dead Or Alive 5: LR out of all games on new years. Can’t lie. I actually had fun. My home theater actually drowned out all the loud and constant fireworks going on for hours. Yeah, fun times.
How is that game (ff strangers paradise)? I played the demo and was mixed about it. Although I loved team ninja's games ng and nioh were amazing. Is it true you can't use other characters?
Maybe I'll pick it up, the ps4 version is $30 and has a free ps5 upgrade (ps5 version is full prices, lol)

I was at home.... but with my fiance and some friends. We played board games until midnight. My gf cooked a ton of food and we ate and drank.
Was a blast!!

I did sneak some ff7 - crisis core missions when i went to use the bathroom on switch (kept the switch up there for times like that). Gotta love a remastered psp game and its short portable focused missions.
Also did some vampire surviors on my phone, free game with no ads for the win!!! One of our friends kept playing pokemon go... like wtf...that game has been out since 2016 and people still play that shit? I thought you needed to be at a outside "gym" or something?

Got to bed by 1am and then had to crawl down the hallway at 5:45 to login to my computer for work at 6am... fun. I am dragging.

No fireworks this year, which was really odd. I live on riverfront property, across the river from our state's capital city/building and usually they always have them go off. Last night was foggy and you couldn't even see the city.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How is that game (ff strangers paradise)? I played the demo and was mixed about it. Although I loved team ninja's games ng and nioh were amazing. Is it true you can't use other characters?
Maybe I'll pick it up, the ps4 version is $30 and has a free ps5 upgrade (ps5 version is full prices, lol)
Its one of the best action games of the year. Grindy but its great. Tons of depth to the combat.

Isa

Doesn't RE5 have walkie-talkies too, though? I played it recently for Halloween and I remember that the game opens with like 20 minutes of slow walking and talking. It was especially amusing because when Chris' doesn't have any weapon equipped he has this pimp-ass walking animation.

Anyway, it's a decent shooter but even after all these years I can't get over how shitty the inventory system is, and the AI partner is still annoying as hell.
Haha yeah Chris's walk is pretty great. From what I've played so far its just the intro of the game, pretty much the usual RE setup and then the beginning has a very RE4/8 survival arena. From then on its fairly straightforward. They'll have slight commentary during the gameplay but nothing like other game's style, this switches to premade cutscenes for boss intros or scene transitions which is nice and quick, I know exactly what's coming so I can take a break lol.

I'm definitely not keen on the inventory and lack of puzzles, and I've been noticing several game design elements and even set-pieces used across their other games including the Revelations titles. Its funny reading online there is definitely a segment of gamers out there that prefer the 5/6 style for its simplicity, others its co-op, many of whom are younger or impatient with puzzles.

I actually really liked the game and after the patch, it looks noticeably more visually appealing than before on PS5. The combat was great imo and comparable to Nioh. A very generous amount of different classes to unlock as well each with their own attributes, techniques and weapons. You technically can’t use other characters, but you can change the appearance of the main character to any other character though. He(Jack) will still have the same stats as well though.

Just like Nioh, there is a healthy number of loot, weapons and armor to pick up and dispose of, so there will be quite a bit of item discarding and item managing. I thought the story was interesting and I liked the characters.

Level design was good imo and relatively Souls-like with the shortcuts and layout. Pretty large, but not overwhelmingly large like an open world game. More “Souls-like” in structure, design and size I would say. The game is definitely more action oriented than RPG. If you enjoyed Nioh, I’d imagine that you find enjoyment out of it. One of my favorite games of the year.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Haha yeah Chris's walk is pretty great. From what I've played so far its just the intro of the game, pretty much the usual RE setup and then the beginning has a very RE4/8 survival arena. From then on its fairly straightforward. They'll have slight commentary during the gameplay but nothing like other game's style, this switches to premade cutscenes for boss intros or scene transitions which is nice and quick, I know exactly what's coming so I can take a break lol.

I'm definitely not keen on the inventory and lack of puzzles, and I've been noticing several game design elements and even set-pieces used across their other games including the Revelations titles. Its funny reading online there is definitely a segment of gamers out there that prefer the 5/6 style for its simplicity, others its co-op, many of whom are younger or impatient with puzzles.
Actually, as much hate as this game is getting, I had way more fun with RE6 than RE5. As long as you accept it for what it is, i.e. absolutely ridiculous action horror romp that doesn't even pretend to be serious or scary, it's a hell of a fun action game. Most importantly, it gets rid off many of RE5's annoyances such as the AI partner trying to be "helpful" or shitty inventory juggling. If you're playing RE6 solo, you can just switch off AI partner's ammo consumption, turn off friendly fire, and just focus on enjoying the damn game, and they can also be surprisingly helpful in combat too. Unlike Sheva, who just wasted pistol bullets most of the time.

Top Bottom