• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those of you who like The Last of Us Part II, do you think that a remastered version would be worth a new purchase?

carlosrox

Banned
Well I loved the game so I'm actually hoping for some kind of PS5 remaster.

I started my second game and stopped in part to thinking I should just wait for what I assume is the inevitable remaster.

carlosrox

Banned
Well I loved the game so I'm actually hoping for some kind of PS5 remaster.

I started my second game and stopped in part to thinking I should just wait for what I assume is the inevitable remaster.

Hoppa

60fps patch would do me and I'd happily replay it but they're prob doing a remaster with factions added. Wouldn't pay full price for it if that's the case

Yoboman

Depends what they do

They could drastically improve the model quality. The ones they have in the model viewer are significantly better than any ingame

I believe TLOU Remastered also had Left Behind though which is what made it worthwhile to rebuy for everyone who missed that

I'd like to see a similar DLC for TLOU2. Obviously a Fat Geralt side story

Last edited:
game doesnt need a hd patch to be honest and the things that make this a bad game are nothing to do with the graphics or core gameplay
its the story and execution that really make this a bad game

Gamerguy84

I kept hearing Days Gone got a 60fps patch and slapped on PS5 plus.

I don't know what it got but the patch was 25GB from what I read last night. This game looks and runs amazing. If anyone had a PS5 I can tell you it's worth checking out.

I am loving these patches were getting for hit PS4 titles. Some really look and feel amazing.

DG reminds me of PS3 to PS4 Last of Us.

Termite

I don't think a remaster is appropriate.

First of all - the game is already gorgeous. Second of all, unlike the first game it's compatible with both the PS4 and PS5 - so a new release isn't required. Lastly, a simple patch to unlock framerate would deliver most of the advantages that a remaster would.

Unlike the first game, there really doesn't need to be much if any texture or model work done.

And all the issues I have with the game are story / character related anyway, and we know those won't be changing.
FUCK ellie

Justin9mm

It needs a patch, there's not much more they can do between Pro and PS5 version but render it slightly higher res and make it 60fps really, if we had to pay again for that considering it was released not long before PS5 launch, it should just be a next gen patch for free or at least like $10 upgrade.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

Well.....maybe. I don't disagree that they patched those, but in the past Sony also clearly put out The Last Of Us 1 remaster.

They also charged for Spiderman remaster, as in..... you'll get a performance difference with your original copy, you won't get the remaster for free.

So I don't doubt a free patch will come.

Will it be raytracing, different models, features etc patch for free? Unlikely.

They got something up their sleeves for sure. Otherwise the 4k60 patch would have hit months ago. Or just unlock the framrate via boost mode.

It might even be as simple as releasing the free patch to coincide with the multiplayer launch. In fact - that's what my money is on. And maybe some easy improvements like SSD enhancements. I just don't think a full blown remaster is in the cards.. the game is so fresh and is still one of the top 5 best looking games on the market.

Camreezie

It should be free if its just resolution bumps. Would only pay more for it if it had a full multiplayer experience on top like the first game

I still it is crazy talk no matter how you put it. No game really deserves a double dip. I understand why people does it, to experience it a new hardware, but I still don't think any game deserves to be rebought because it is a remaster, let alone if the game came out one or two years on a previous gen to get rereleased on the next with that short time span.
Let alone a game that is as short at TLoU2.
When the hell did a 25 to 40 hour game become short?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Yes. In fact I'd be kinda cheesed if they didn't charge for it, because that probably means they didn't go all out. I want a true PS5 version. This game looks incredible but it would REALLY shine on this hardware. Would be the best looking thing out there.

I've been waiting g forever for an update, they need to say when its happening because I've been saving my second run through for after than update.

CitizenZ

Banned
First game I played on PS4, one of the best game experiences I have ever participated. No desire, zero.zero to play the sequel or remaster. It can never recapture those moments and the dark tone and narrative will diminish.

I remember my friend asking what I thought after finishing the game, I said "How do you play something else after that?"

penguininthesun

Neo Member
Just finished the game a second time. The pacing is still a bit weird, but I really enjoyed it more the second time around. That the game is so universally hated actually makes me feel kind of lucky that I had such a great experience with it. I feel like they were a bit heavy handed with some of the plot elements, but overall, the story was compelling. It's just so goddamn long though, and really dragged at certain points. Some of the earlier chapters could have been cut down. The final one could have been expanded upon. Could have done with fewer playable flashbacks too. As for a remaster, I'd buy it, but not for full price, as it's already a great looking game. I'd love some sort of DLC though, maybe something that expands upon the conflict between the Wolves and the Scars, but from the point of view of someone other than the two mains.

Ryu Kaiba

Yeah give me 4k 60, or at least 2k 60, higher quality character models and throw in multiplayer which I think is gonna be really special this time, and I'll pay full price.

First game I played on PS4, one of the best game experiences I have ever participated. No desire, zero.zero to play the sequel or remaster. It can never recapture those moments and the dark tone and narrative will diminish.

I remember my friend asking what I thought after finishing the game, I said "How do you play something else after that?"
Second one is 10 times better

skneogaf

Definitely needs a 60fps patch as it's very difficult to play 1 at 60fps then start 2 at 30fps.

The gameplay is absolutely amazing no matter the views about the story so my fingers are crossed 🤞

EruditeHobo

Why are some of you guys so obsessed with throwing your whole salary to Sony?

Doesn't mind a 20 euro price increase on games, and gets offended if you get a free upgrade.

Seriously, what the fuck is this? I've never seen anyone complaining about not giving a company enough money.

When you get to a certain point, you realize the only way to possibly have some influence in terms of keeping what you like in the market is to actually support it. Do you want to support your favorite devs, or not? It doesn't mean you buy everything single thing they put out sight-unseen, without question, forever, regardless of quality... but a responsible, fair developer, making improvements to their products, which offer clear benefits to the gaming experience, that's worth investing in and supporting. I mean, if you care about supporting what you love, that is. That's kind of a prerequisite for this.

Do you piss and moan about people paying for collector's editions and what not, as well? If so, why? They are just supporting a dev that they care about. Working in video games, I can tell you first hand it's these kinds of people that sometimes keep companies afloat & keep people employed.

So my question to you is, if they do release an improvement on TLoU2, with visual improvements and performance improvements on par with TLoU: Remastered... will Naughty Dog not have delivered, what, ~$250 worth of value in those 4 products in TLoU series? Is that amount of value not represented there? I think if you care about and appreciate what Naughty Dog does, the answer is obviously yes.

However... to perhaps your more overall point, if it's really just a base performance improvement and it comes out quickly after the first game's release... it's probably not worth it. Maybe in that specific case we'd expect it to manifest as a free next-gen patch, or something.

Iced Arcade

Just a patch. game even on a base PS4 looks amazing still. isn't much graphically they can improve to justify a remaster.

Last edited:

sn0man

I loved the game myself. That said, a rerelease of a game with no new content would be a hard pass.

I bought a physical copy of TLOUR happily because it had the DLC included in disc.

TLOU2 runs fine at 30fps 1440p on a Pro. I assume it does the same on a PS5. 60fps or a 4K update is a patch at best.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Only if they remaster the TLoU 1 remaster and bundle it with the TLoU2 remaster with an expansion; probably focusing on everyone's favourite beefcake during her formative years.

Dunki

a remaster after not even a year? How about a next gen Patch even God of War got a next gen patch. Ask again in 5-6 years and then the answer is still no since it is a bad game XD

Why? Why can't they just bump up the settings, resolution and framerates. What is there to remaster in this game that pretty much just came out. Why would you want to pay again for that?

Top Bottom