• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For how long are you working from home?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Been wfh since March 2020 and I really dislike it. Feels like I am in solitary confinement all day. No fun, no idle chit chat, no 'How's it going.' Nothing positive remains from the pre wfh days. Just endless monotony and being stuck in my house like a prisoner with zero human interaction. How do people see this as a positive?
Zero human interaction is a great thing? Get out, find new hobbies.

TylerD

Since March 2020 and I love it. We have been told to come back to the office when we feel like it. I'm not close to feeling like it yet!

Last edited:

McHuj

Will be working from home partially maybe forever? Current plan is 2 days in the office and 3 at home.

Pagusas

Elden Member
my last job went 100% wfh in March 2020. They are still 100% WFH but are about to let go of the entire staff next month (acquisitions are fun!). Luckily I left earlier this year and my new job is 2 days a week in office and 3 wfh. I like it alot.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

We are setup for 3-4 days a month in office. Pretty stupid if you have no reason to go in but they still want you to hit your days

WoJ

Been at home since March 2020. Plan to be permanent WFH with 1-2 days a week in office per week max starting September.

I started working at this new WFH job around Dec 2019, before all the shit started. the 2 jobs I had before this, one is an office grind that I had to take the public transit for an hour one way to go in to downtown everyday. the other is a job that had me on the road pretty much 4/5 of the year, and pretty much living in another city over the whole summer. it was fun and the money was decent, but I much prefer my WFH job now where I can stay home and play on my PC without having to fuzz over traffic or be gone for months on end.

Moomalade74

Banned
wfh since March 2020, recently got a guarantee I will be allowed to stay wfh permanently. Which is handy as I took a chance and moved house to the seaside 240 miles away.

I love it, keep my own hours, go for long walks by the coast, time from clocking off to glass of wine in my hand is 2 mins. Wfh forever.

StormCell

The only way I return to working from an office is if something about the job interests me on a whole different level from typical work, or they're going to have to seriously pony up to get me. I want paid for my time spent commuting, gas, wear and tear on vehicle, and more.

TylerD

wfh since March 2020, recently got a guarantee I will be allowed to stay wfh permanently. Which is handy as I took a chance and moved house to the seaside 240 miles away.

I love it, keep my own hours, go for long walks by the coast, time from clocking off to glass of wine in my hand is 2 mins. Wfh forever.

Fuck yes, this sounds amazing. I live by an extensive greenway with connecting parks and trail system and I hop on my bike and go right after I get off of work. On stressful days will have a beer or 2 during my work hours. Take walks around the neighborhood, take my dog for a walk during lunch. It's the best.

Last edited:

T4rz4

I'm working since a year and a third, and heard that I have to turn back to the office in October, obviously I will find another job in september :)

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Forever if necessary or until our company goes bust. Whichever is sooner. The latter I would assume.

I've been going to the office twice a week since the pandemic started and working from home 3 days a week. That's about to change though, my boss sent an email on Monday saying we have to go back to the office full time starting next week. Nobody is happy about it but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Top Bottom