• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For fun: What company would you like to handle the new FIFA licence?

Tschumi

I'm liking FromSoftware...

If at first you don't succeed, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot...

Dark Souls GIF

de jong soccer GIF by LA Galaxy

Last edited:

Banned
a company I don't like so the talent of the good ones isn't wasted with making a shit sports game.
so maybe Naughty Dog... they are perfect for this! I mean the game design is basically already layed out for them, so it's hard for them to fuck it up, given they have no talent in that department

Last edited:

yurinka

Fifa license is worthless without Fifpro
Historically a lot of shitty games had great sales because they had a popular IP from movies, comics, etc in the cover. Independently of the game quality or the developer.

FIFA is now one of the best selling series in gaming history, each year they sell like 20 million copies. FIFA is now a top brand for the casual gamers. Whoever puts FIFA on their game cover will sell a ton of copies.

FIFPro deals aren't exclusive, so if 2K, Konami, Sony, Sega or any other company have enough money and want to spend it as EA does, they can also license all these players, competitions, stadiums and so on. The more money they put, the more and better teams and so on can license.

Last edited:
Kojima Productions so I can hear the amazing musical cues as the ball is about to make it to the goal but then somehow magically betrays the team and scores the opposite way. This would be the most intense and dramatic twist in soccer storytelling.

Last edited:

odhiex

FIFA 2K23 or FIFA The Show 23

For the LOL.

Even better? give it to Konami

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
SEGA

Ultimate team is replaced with a mini game where you have to free drugged young women from footballers as they try to drag them to hotels, would feature the Yakuza combat system

Last edited:
Top Bottom