• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ronaldo removing Euro 2020 sponsor Coca-Cola bottles in front of him before his press conference, adding 'Drink water!' instead

Class move honestly. Considering how many people pay attention, he probably saved a few lives convincing them to not drink that shit.

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

[DFB] Joachim Löw: "It was a brutally intense game. We fought until the very end. I can't blame the team, we gave everything. What was missing was a bit of penetration in the final third.

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Matt Ford] German 2014 World Cup winner Christoph Kramer on ZDF: "When I see Paul Pogba playing like that, I wonder what on earth he's been doing at Manchester United all year. He made it look like child's play. He was world class."

I think Manchester United asking him to do some defensive duties is part of the reason.

DKehoe

Gold Member
[Matt Ford] German 2014 World Cup winner Christoph Kramer on ZDF: "When I see Paul Pogba playing like that, I wonder what on earth he's been doing at Manchester United all year. He made it look like child's play. He was world class."

I think Manchester United asking him to do some defensive duties is part of the reason.

Pogba has been much better at United when he's given a more free form attacking role. It's why it's so important for them to sign a good defensive midfielder that would give Pogba the opportunities to get forward. For a bunch of reasons it really is the most important position for them to sort out.

Prison Mike

Banned
[Sam Lee] Bernardo Silva would like to leave Manchester City. Sources say that he had his heart set on a move to Barcelona last summer and everything was in place for it to happen, only to fall through late on, leaving him crestfallen.

Meh rather sell players that don't wanna be at the club.

Dark Rider

Pogba has been much better at United when he's given a more free form attacking role. It's why it's so important for them to sign a good defensive midfielder that would give Pogba the opportunities to get forward. For a bunch of reasons it really is the most important position for them to sort out.

It is clear what Pogba want, who would you sign to do it?

Meh rather sell players that don't wanna be at the club.

Who is your favorite replacement?

I figured they would end up keeping him for another year. I wonder where he ends up.

It is sad really I also wanted him to retire here. It is his last contract basically and understandably he wanted it to be the best contract possible but the club is suffering the effects of COVID like everyone else, it is bad luck for Ramos that COVID crisis happened when he had to do his last contract but this is life so he should have chosen one of the two options offered to him and neither is a bad offer to be frank both are good all things considered but instead he (and his agent) threw a fit and tried to strong arm the club into the contract they wanted as if COVID never happened. The club wanting to buy players is not an excuse either, in order to stay as a top club we have to buy players and they will cost money (in fact others will try to fleece us too) so we don't have a choice, we did not buy players we need for two consecutive years already and we can't afford to not buy players any longer. Ramos is a club legend regardless of this but I wish he did not go about this matter the way he did and just accepted the fair options the club offered to him during this crisis.

Chelsea could have quite the geriatric backline with Thiago Silva and Ramos. Unless he's going to Arsenal lol.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[AbsoluteChelsea/ESPNFC] Paul Pogba on Antonio Rudiger ‘nibble’ incident: “I’m not crying for cards, yellow, red cards because of such actions. He nibbled, I think, a little bit on me. But we have known each other for a long time.”

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[ESPORTMANÍACOS] Schalke 04 will sell their LEC spot in esport game League of Legends for 30,000,000€ because of their relegation to 2. Bundesliga

:messenger_astonished:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Scotland deserve greater respect from England fans, says Andrew Robertson: "We’re still not as respected as much as we would all like. So a chance to play against them is a chance to show people that doubt Scottish football what we can do."

This will only make it worse I think.

Dark Rider

Comunicado Oficial: Sergio Ramos

End of an era.
A legend of the club.
You will be SORELY missed both on and off the pitch for Real Madrid.
Thanks for everything and you will never be forgotten.
Good luck wherever you go, farewell Sergio Ramos.

Dark Rider

[Romano] Gennaro Gattuso is set to leave Fiorentina with immediate effect just 20 days after he’s been appointed, confirmed. ❌🟣 #Fiorentina Problems on transfers strategy between Fiorentina board, Gattuso’s agent Jorge Mendes and Gennaro himself. They’re now working to part ways.

Dark Rider

[Sergio Ramos] at his farewell: Thank you for everything. It's not a 'goodbye', it's a 'see you again', because sooner or later I will return

And he will be welcomed in with open arms.

[Real Madrid] #GraciasSergio: Official tribute video

[Sergio Ramos] press conference: "First of all, I want to make it clear that I never wanted to leave Real Madrid. I always wanted to stay here, that was always my priority, my mentality."

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Simon Evans] UEFA has responded to Ronaldo/Cola case by reminding the Euro 2020 teams of their contractual obligations to sponsors. Sanctions not expected.

Dark Rider

[Tobi Altschäffl] Mats Hummels explains to BILD_Sport how his son Ludwig (3.5 years old) reacted to his own goal: „Fortunately, he doesn't yet know what an own goal is. He thinks: the ball in the net is always right. I was told that he was cheering. I will probably have to teach him that.“

SonIamdisappoint.jpeg

Dark Rider

[David Ornstein] Tottenham have decided against appointing Gennaro Gattuso to their vacant managerial position. Conversations were held with the 43yo after his surprise Fiorentina exit but he will not be getting the Spurs job. Search continues

Everyone should apply for that job at this point.

Prison Mike

Banned
[David Ornstein] Tottenham have decided against appointing Gennaro Gattuso to their vacant managerial position. Conversations were held with the 43yo after his surprise Fiorentina exit but he will not be getting the Spurs job. Search continues

Everyone should apply for that job at this point.

Premier League Sam GIF by Play Sports

Dark Rider

[Deportes Cuatro] After being booed in Spain's opening game against Sweden, Morata begs the fans in Seville to support the National Team: "Please, I ask for your support"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

[Bouhafsi on RMC] Pogba is being watched by PSG, it's true. Nasser was in Nice with Raiola 3 days ago and the two talked about Kean, the departure of Bakker and Pogba. United do not want to part ways with him, but Pogba does not want to extend. United asks for 80 M. (via Hadrien_Grenier)

Dark Rider

[OptaJoe] 17 - This was England’s 17th goalless draw at a major tournament (EUROs + World Cup), two more than any other nation in the history of those competitions. Groundhog.

Dark Rider

Jose Mourinho explains why he accepted ‘another Mission: Impossible’ at Roma after they ‘reignited the passion’ that he had lost at Manchester United and Tottenham. ‘I haven’t always chosen the right project or I was misled.’ (Interview with GQ Portugal)

Dark Rider

[BVB Buzz] [Ruhr Nachrichten] Borussia Dortmund have finally received an opening bid for Jadon Sancho from Manchester United. #BVB want 95 million euros plus bonuses, and the fee is non negotiable. Noni Madueke is on the list of possible replacements for Sancho. #BVB

Dark Rider

[Scotland National Team] Stephen O'Donnell on Jack Grealish: "Thankfully, John McGinn had been giving me some tips. He said, if he comes on, get nibbling in his ear, but don't be critical, be complimentary. So the full time he was on I was telling him how good looking he was, and I loved his calves, and asking him how he got his hair to look like that."

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Derek Rae] Goretzka “It is nice to once again have 82 million people who think they’re the coach of Germany, rather than 82 million virologists.”

Dark Rider

Hazard: "My game is based on contact, if I start thinking I can't go there, I'd rather not play at all. So I have to see how my legs will react. So far it's been good. I broke my ankle 3 times, it will never be the same ankle. But I've never doubted my quality."

It's a travesty that we don't get our money back.

Dark Rider

[Romano] Manchester City made an official proposal to Tottenham for Harry Kane. £100M guaranteed + availability to include players in the deal. #THFC have NO intention to accept. Harry wants to go, but Levy will try to keep him. ❌ Harry now focused on the Euros, then it’ll be decided.

[Stuart Brennan] Sources at both Manchester City and Tottenham say there has been no official offer for Harry Kane. Sources at White Hart Lane have said that there has been no change to Kane's situation and City sources have echoed that, killing the notion that a bid has been made.

It did happen.
No it didn't happen.
No it DID happen.
No it did NOT happen.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Giovanni Capuano] Italian PM Mario Draghi warns London: “I’m gonna make sure the Euro 2020 final won’t be played in a country where cases are rapidly rising”

Batiman

Banned
Sorry just popping in to ask this question about euro qualifying. I can’t seem to find the correct answer anywhere. Is the euro group stage go by goal differential or head to head differential. Different websites are writing different answers.

I mean if teams are tied with points does it go to goal differential first? Or head to head first? I cannot for the life of me find the correct answer. Thx

Dark Rider

Sorry just popping in to ask this question about euro qualifying. I can’t seem to find the correct answer anywhere. Is the euro group stage go by goal differential or head to head differential. Different websites are writing different answers.

I mean if teams are tied with points does it go to goal differential first? Or head to head first? I cannot for the life of me find the correct answer. Thx

It is head to head first then GD second.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support? both national team and club :pie_thinking:

He couldn’t make it in the Premier League. Let’s see he can in la Liga.

It depend wildly on what circumstances he played under in England and what circumstances he played under in France and what circumstances he will play under in Spain. Also if he is the type of player that progress his game over time or regress or just stall all the way. Managers and the environment he play in (along side his personality) matter a lot when a player is bouncing between top leagues more than which of the top leagues he is playing in. Unless he just simply can't coup with one aspect of the game like fast past games or ultra defensive games..etc then those type of games are just his weakness. We will see how it goes but Barcelona should try to make their players as comfortable as possible on the pitch with the flow of play in hope to maximize the results.

Top Bottom