• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

MrS

Banned
Only few minutes to see if they do or not.
EYDLa4IWAAIeC3I.jpg:large

mekes

Tense stuff in the leicester - Utd game so far. Few loose passes at the back for Utd. Nervy stuff, defo flashbacks to last season when we bottled it 😱😂

mekes

Leicester outplaying Utd at the moment. Utd starting to settle into a counter attacking playstyle. I don’t like it.

Dark Rider

Manchester City's second-leg clash with Real Madrid in the last 16 of the Champions League will be exempt from the re-imposed 14-day quarantine rule on travellers from Spain, the UK government has confirmed.

They are getting tested on regular basis anyway.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
"Hated, adored, and never ignored"

Can't wait for next season! Hopefully we get Sancho and some decent backup for the CAM and CB positions. So many shite players to sell as well...

I would be 80% happy with Sancho and Grealish as a CAM backup for Bruno. Still have faith on Bailly, Tuanzebe. We need to bring back Henderson and sell De Gea ASAP! He's getting the Casillas syndrome.

Mista

Banned
I would be 80% happy with Sancho and Grealish as a CAM backup for Bruno. Still have faith on Bailly, Tuanzebe. We need to bring back Henderson and sell De Gea ASAP! He's getting the Casillas syndrome.
No hope in that overrated and overpriced prick?

Dark Rider

David Luiz has given away five penalties in the Premier League this season, the most any player has ever conceded in a single campaign in the competition.

There are still more to come in that one match left with Chelsea.

DKehoe

Not for Maguire, he's great overall. Lindelof is still shaky and I don't think he should be a starter. I would rather have Bailey there.

It's such a shame Tuanzebe has spent basically all season injured. He's got so much potential and this could have been a break out season for him. Teden Mengi seems to be a highly regarded prospect too so there's some good young options there when they are available but I agree that the club need more depth there.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's such a shame Tuanzebe has spent basically all season injured. He's got so much potential and this could have been a break out season for him. Teden Mengi seems to be a highly regarded prospect too so there's some good young options there when they are available but I agree that the club need more depth there.

Before that we wanna get rid of Sanchez, Smalling (although I think he's decent and fast with great aerial dominance), Jones, Lingard, Rojo. I think Ole will bring back Henderson as De Gea is pretty shaky right now and he's been always weak in corners and can't dominate his 6 yard area like all decent GK and even mediocre ones.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bailey is solid but cursed with injuries

Problem is it's not like he's injury prone, but he gets different injuries each time due to being pretty aggressive. I really enjoy his defending like any kind of attacking play. Never seen a solid defender as him since Vidic.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bailly is mad. You never know what he's going to do. It's great.

Lindelof is the extreme opposite of him, extremely soft. Bailey sprint reached 34.84 km/s once, he's too fast for a CB and can kill most fast attackers with his pace and agility. Yet he packs some skills. He can be a traditional CDM and has been an RB in Villarreal.

DKehoe

Lindelof is the extreme opposite of him, extremely soft. Bailey sprint reached 34.84 km/s once, he's too fast for a CB and can kill most fast attackers with his pace and agility. Yet he packs some skills. He can be a traditional CDM and has been an RB in Villarreal.

Lindelof isn't bad as such but Maguire is just sort of a better version of him so he's not really bringing much to the table other than general stability. United need someone who can compliment Maguire's weaknesses with pace being the biggest one. It's another reason it would have been great to have Tuanzebe available and is where Bailly can do well too. But if some combination of Smalling, Rojo and Jones are leaving (I really doubt all three will) then more depth would be good. And the talk seems to be they are looking for a left footed CB too.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Lindelof isn't bad as such but Maguire is just sort of a better version of him so he's not really bringing much to the table other than general stability. United need someone who can compliment Maguire's weaknesses with pace being the biggest one. It's another reason it would have been great to have Tuanzebe available and is where Bailly can do well too. But if some combination of Smalling, Rojo and Jones are leaving (I really doubt all three will) then more depth would be good. And the talk seems to be they are looking for a left footed CB too.

Tuanzebe is a wonderful CB so far, I have confidence on him. But I would rather have Sancho first and Grealish second and sell lingard. midfielders and attackers are more prone to injuries and fatigue.

Dark Rider

Bild+: Manchester United have seen a €98m opening offer for Jadon Sancho rejected by Dortmund, United are expected to return soon with a fresh offer. BVB holding out for €120m. Jonathan Ikoné and Jérémie Boga on top of BVB wishlist to replace Sancho.

James Ducker: United haven't bid £89m for Sancho and there's not been formal contact with Borussia Dortmund yet

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Dybala suffers from an elongation of the rectus femoral muscle of the left thigh. Strong chance he misses UCL game vs Lyon

Not a good sign for Juventus.

Dark Rider

BREAKING: Four Premier League clubs are expected to be given extra time off and start next season late, should they go into the latter stages of their respective European competitions.

How will they compensate for the time lost later in the season when the schedule is full to the prim?

Dark Rider

PSG on Mbappe: "Today's imaging workup confirms a sprained ankle with external ligament injury. Following this trauma the recovery time is about 3 weeks."

UCL implications :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Official: Paris FC and the Kingdom of Bahrain enter partnership

Dark Rider

Bernardo Silva: "The truth is that since the restart Real Madrid have won almost all their games and, as a result, are the LaLiga champions. We have to be in very good shape ourselves and play really well because, if not, we won't go through."

Tschumi

Welcome to the football thread :messenger_beaming:
Liverpool supporter? how can you throw him under the bus after him winning you both the UCL and BPL :pie_thinking:
Not necessarily Liverpool, i like a good narrative though and Lovren was stinking up their narrative for sooo long! Any success Liverpool enjoyed came despite him, not because if him :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Mista

Banned
Official: Paris FC and the Kingdom of Bahrain enter partnership

Oh wow this is massive news. They're our neighbor country

Dark Rider

Not necessarily Liverpool, i like a good narrative though and Lovren was stinking up their narrative for sooo long! Any success Liverpool enjoyed came despite him, not because if him :p

So your club is a secret or you don't support anyone? :pie_thinking:
Lovren is the one that won them both of these trophies and Liverpool will never recover :messenger_winking:

Oh wow this is massive news. They're our neighbor country

What do you expect the outcome of this? they will become massive like PSG?

Test every player and staff member multiple times until match day and hopefully no one else got infected.

Top Bottom