• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Manager 2020, Watch Dogs 2 and Stick It to the Man are free on the Epic Games Store.

Paradicia

I don't get it. What's in it for Epic?

User adoption on the platform to rev up sales for a service that is relatively new. They're doing this to gain notoriety and attraction amongst PC gamers. I'm not complaining, I've been 'buying' each freebie I've had the chance to every month. Their platform isn't bad but people are still skeptical like there's an ulterior motive, just be happy they're doing it for free :messenger_smirking:

tl;dr It paints Epic in a great light!

Soodanim

Gold Member
User adoption on the platform to rev up sales for a service that is relatively new. They're doing this to gain notoriety and attraction amongst PC gamers. I'm not complaining, I've been 'buying' each freebie I've had the chance to every month. Their platform isn't bad but people are still skeptical like there's an ulterior motive, just be happy they're doing it for free :messenger_smirking:

tl;dr It paints Epic in a great light!
I've not bothered because I don't want another launcher and I have enough in my backlog as it is. Is their business model known? They must be kicking the money people would have spent back to the pubs/devs, but I guess when you're funded by that Fortnite money you can afford to give away fairly new games for free every month. How many are you up to now?

Last edited:
Top Bottom