• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of cancelled Kirby GameCube project has emerged

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Announced back in 2004, the ill-fated project, simply referred to as Kirby for Nintendo GameCube, began development way back in 2000. It was planned to launch shortly after Kirby Air Ride but ultimately ended up getting cancelled. Now new footage of Kirby’s lost GameCube adventure has resurfaced, giving us a glimpse of what might have been.

Twitter user ObscureKirby(opens in new tab) posted a brief gameplay video that was uploaded to YouTube by Foulowe59. The video, lasting only 9 seconds, isn’t the best quality, but you can just about make out Kirby battling enemies and using power-ups in what looks like a mix of 2.5D and 3D levels.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't this reworked into Kirby Wii (Return to Dreamland)?

Last edited by a moderator:

chaseroni

The Smash Bros Melee style music evokes a certain era. Very nostalgic. Makes me want to play Melee again.
Totally, this has such a nice feel about it. Would love to see this get leaked or even officially released by Nintendo like Star Fox 2 did.
I would have been all over this game, Gamecube was so good to me growing up

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A fresh set of details have emerged about Kid Kirby, a game that was once planned for the SNES.

DMA Design, the studio that went on to become Rockstar North and a primary developer of the Grand Theft Auto series, was put in charge of the project. It would have featured the SNES Mouse add-on with players using the device to launch Kirby through levels. Unfortunately, Nintendo ended up scrapping the project after development failed to properly progress, and the SNES Mouse was far from a sales success.

Kid Kirby Archive shared its latest discoveries on Twitter yesterday. Writer Steve Hammond was kind enough to provide manual pages, including a story overview and new renders.

Top Bottom