• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Focus - Keiichiro Toyama

Finally a new video from Bokeh Game Studio, an introduction of Keiichiro Toyama the video game director and designer, best known as the creator of the Silent Hill, Siren and Gravity Rush franchises.

Sony made a huge mistake letting a legend like him go but as he says in the video he left and founded his new studio to make games by his own style that will be enjoyed for many years as timeless classics.

Last edited:

Greeno

Is this related to Sony Japan only, or Sony in general? Wasn't Sony always known as "off hands" as they possibly can?

Greeno

This has nothing to do with Sony. So far...
He does mention in the video (according to the English captions of course) that he left Sony because of their need (and AAA studios in general) to cater to a large audience. Starting at 1:20.

What I don't understand is why did he say that? Isn't Concrete Genie a game that doesn't cater to a large audience? Doesn't seem that Sony enforces this whole "you can't develop this game because it doesn't cater to a large audience" attitude. So what is he talking about?

Keihart

He left Sony Japan? hot damn, they really are setting up them to die, his team/him was the last high profile one left there.

Keihart

Now what tho? is sony japan the ports and astro bot team ? What a joke honestly, i mean, after The last Guardia, SoTC, Siren, Gravity Rush and what not, what a disappointment.

Miles708

He left Sony Japan? hot damn, they really are setting up them to die, his team/him was the last high profile one left there.
No room for your artsy weirdy gamey japan thingy.
Sony is all GT, GOW and Horizon now. Same as Microsoft is Forza, GOW, Halo.
Just great.

Last edited:

Keihart

2019 btw, i bet there was a new Siren under pre-production...can't be only coincidence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom