• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flat Earth "The truth is more important than my life."

greyshark

The reason why the illusion is happening isn’t even agreed on according to what I can find.

I think there may be more to it.

The disagreement comes from the physiological cause of the optical illusion - the reality that the moon (and sun) are not changing their size as they go down the horizon is universally accepted. Do you dispute that reality?

Weilthain

Banned
The disagreement comes from the physiological cause of the optical illusion - the reality that the moon (and sun) are not changing their size as they go down the horizon is universally accepted. Do you dispute that reality?
i could be swayed either way. Maybe what we think we are seeing isn’t really what we are seeing

Weilthain

Banned
Why do you think that?

OtpRVPN.jpg

MadAnon

I went on YouTube to look for more info but I found was dinosaurs aren’t real and Earth is flat.

Yeah, I heard youtube only allows that kind of content to slowly dumb down society to clueless lunatics. It's a part of the new world order plan to overwhelm intelligent people with stupidity so they can take over the world. Look into it.

Last edited:
It’s not the same it’s space math completely different
I said space math because that’s the term you used. But the math doesn’t change on earth as it does in space, the variables change the further you get out into space, not the equations. Do you know the difference between the two?

Weilthain

Banned
I said space math because that’s the term you used. But the math doesn’t change on earth as it does in space, the variables change the further you get out into space, not the equations. Do you know the difference between the two?
How do you not know the difference between space math and normal math?

Elcid

Banned
You constantly argue in favor of flat earth but haven't provided any proof of your claims. Saying that NASA and government lies isn't proof that the earth is not a globe. You don't need to go down the retarded conspiracy rabbit hole. Maybe start with simple observations of how sun moves throughout the day and how objects "sink" behind the horizon. That alone completely crashes the possibility of flat earth. Flatbrains only know how to parrot "It's perspective, It's perspective" but they struggle to address the huge holes in THEIR inconsistant "law of perspective". For some reason the sun doesn't become smaller and smaller the closer it gets to the horizon while ship do. But for some reason they both "sink" behind the horizon because muh perspective.
At no point have I argued in favor of a flat earth, all I've done is explain the why of the theory and explain that I don't think there's anything wrong with people questioning. On a side note, the horizon thing has been tested many times and that's not the strongest globe earth argument. With binoculars or a telescope you can see the items that disappeared magically reappear. If you want to argue a globe you should try stronger facts which there are plenty of.

Weilthain

Banned
So is this just a straight up troll? Do you have any interest in a real conversation?
I’m going home from work I will recharge and possibly record an accordion song for madanon, do some more research and be back for more.

just stop asking me stuff if you feel like you are being trolled! I’m giving my opinion.

zeomax

the horizon thing has been tested many times and that's not the strongest globe earth argument
Sorry but this is one of the strongest argument for a globe because it is one of the easiest test you can do and it is very easy to understand. You don't need any kind of scientific equipment, you don't need to understand space math. You just simply need to sit on a beach and watch ships sailing.

Last edited:

MadAnon

At no point have I argued in favor of a flat earth, all I've done is explain the why of the theory and explain that I don't think there's anything wrong with people questioning. On a side note, the horizon thing has been tested many times and that's not the strongest globe earth argument. With binoculars or a telescope you can see the items that disappeared magically reappear. If you want to argue a globe you should try stronger facts which there are plenty of.
Where do they magically reappear? Show me a video how someone zooms the Sun back out from behind the horizon. What a load of bullshit. Flatties use all kinds of shitty videos with refraction, mirror effects that make ships look like they float in the air. But not a single one of them has the guts to use their telescopes to show how they make the objects gradually resurface as they zoom in. Guess what? Because it crashes their whole flat earth and perspective explenation.

So why in the fallowing video the city doesn't gradually emerge from behind the horizon like Atlantis? You said telescopes and binoculars will make objects reappear as they seem to dissappear behind the horizon. You Can clearly see in this video how the camera significantly zooms in but proportionally you see the same amount of the buildings no matter how much you zoom in. According to you we should've seen the bottom of the buildings. The bottom is clearly cowered behind the curve. And no amount of zoom brings the invisible part into view.

Last edited:

greyshark

I’m going home from work I will recharge and possibly record an accordion song for madanon, do some more research and be back for more.

just stop asking me stuff if you feel like you are being trolled! I’m giving my opinion.

That’s the thing - I would love to hear your opinions. Instead I’m getting a constant wave of deflection and evasion to simple, direct questions. Are you interested in sharing your opinions or are you just trying to rile people up?

Weilthain

Banned
That’s the thing - I would love to hear your opinions. Instead I’m getting a constant wave of deflection and evasion to simple, direct questions. Are you interested in sharing your opinions or are you just trying to rile people up?
I’m about to post a musical number give me some more time

Weilthain

Banned
my views are that I do understand and accept allMost of the things you say as factually correct when it comes to flat earth and your space maths etc.

I genuinely am fascinated looking at things differently and don’t mind talking about it as it makes for a fun thread.

I’m not trying to disprove science on NeoGAF
BUT I don’t believe the Apollo missions happened and love posting official space footage because it looks so fake and space technology seems to have gone backwards unless you believe in the cgi

greyshark

my views are that I do understand and accept allMost of the things you say as factually correct when it comes to flat earth and your space maths etc.

I genuinely am fascinated looking at things differently and don’t mind talking about it as it makes for a fun thread.

I’m not trying to disprove science on NeoGAF
BUT I don’t believe the Apollo missions happened and love posting official space footage because it looks so fake and space technology seems to have gone backwards unless you believe in the cgi

Thanks for the sincere reply. There’s a conversation to be had about whether or not the US faked the Apollo missions (Cold War tensions, behind the Soviets technologically, Kennedy’s proclamation at the start of the decade).

I don’t believe we faked it, but having a conversation around that is a far cry from denying the heliocentric model or even gravity itself. Like where do you even begin when the disagreements are so fundamental.

I think we could have some fun conversations around conspiracy theories like that, and while I get the temptation to troll is high when faced with aggressive responses I hope we can have a genuine dialogue about each other’s beliefs. That’s what forums are for, right?

My favourite flat Earth argument is that there is no gravity. Instead the Earth is constantly moving upwards at the rate of 10 metres per second. That's not gravity causing you to fall back to Earth it's the Earth itself rising up to meet you. You can't make this shit up... well, obviously you can. I just love how much thought and effort they've put into it. It's adorable.

My favourite flat Earth argument is that there is no gravity. Instead the Earth is constantly moving upwards at the rate of 10 metres per second. That's not gravity causing you to fall back to Earth it's the Earth itself rising up to meet you. You can't make this shit up... well, obviously you can. I just love how much thought and effort they've put into it. It's adorable.
How would planes fly in this scenario?

Hello guys. Hello Weilthain Weilthain I found this thread fascinating and couldn’t resist. Have you looked at pre 1600s maps that have more land masses on them? Both toward the north and along the “ice wall” where “Antarctica” is? I believe this is one key to the globe deception. Land is being hidden. The suns light only travels 3400 miles in any direction. If you keep going “south” you reach desolate desert places that would pretty much match many terrains of “other planets” that we’ve been made to believe exist and can be reached by traveling far upward. Complete darkness out of the range of the suns light

Last edited:

A.Romero

A lot of the evidence of how stuff works escapes most people's understanding. It could be learned but it's difficult and requires time. Without putting on the effort it does take a certain amount of faith to believe what we are taught and through history powerful people have abused that to make groups of people believe what they want.

The difference is that most of the times there was an interest behind the misinformation and eventually the truth does come out because it's impossible to fool the whole world.

To even begin entertaining the idea of flat earth I would need to understand exactly what kind of payoff the groups behind the fraud get or are expecting. And no, "controlling what you believe" is not a payoff by itself.

The amount of effort needed to keep a lie that big cannot possibly offer a worthy enough result. It would need to exist to cover a way bigger lie like some sectors of humanity being aware of us being mascots for a way more advanced civilization or some ludicrous shit like that.

I'm willing to accept novel concepts but they have to be logical at some degree. Otherwise is most likely the product of delusional people or a mean to obtain stuff from gullible and ignorant people.

Top Bottom