• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five Bethesda Titles on Gamepass to receive Xbox Series FPS Boost

Mmnow

I remember when console gamers swore until they were blue in the face that frame rate didn't matter and 30fps was perfect. I'm glad more people are getting to enjoy games at a proper frame rate this generation.
If you have to choose between prettier graphics and a faster framerate, there's always going to be a large group of people who go for prettier graphics.

The beauty of the FPS Boost (and patches or PC) is you don't have to choose. Makes it easy to enjoy!

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you have to choose between prettier graphics and a faster framerate, there's always going to be a large group of people who go for prettier graphics.

That correlation isn't linear, though. As the FPS goes lower the people who presumably are OK with it also shrinks.

It doesn't matter how pretty it is if you don't have a playable framerate, particularly in any action/shooter genre.

Last edited:

Mmnow

That correlation isn't linear, though. As the FPS goes lower the people who presumably are OK with it also shrinks.

It doesn't matter how pretty it is if you don't have a playable framerate, particularly in any action/shooter genre.
Ocarina of Time was like 20fps and it's cited as one of the best games ever made, and a landmark in the development of 3d video games.

I'm not saying for a second there's any great demand for it, or that there wouldn't be blowback if a developer brought that level back. But if something somehow managed to tick those grand boxes again, there's a crowd that wouldn't only happily put up with the framerate, but defend it too. You'd probably find it's pretty much identical to the 30fps crowd too.

Thankfully, that's never going to happen, but people are more tolerant of low framerates than perhaps they should be, me included.

Chukhopops

Give me Dark Souls trilogy at 120fps MS and Sekiro 60fps on Series S and I’ll die happy.
Sekiro isn't 60 fps on Series S? It is on the X and it's glorious, absolutely perfect in every way.

Dark Souls trilogy would be great if only for DS3 at 60 fps or more, the other two are 60 fps on console already though.

93xfan

Banned
BC is overall wider and offers better support for older consoles, but PS4 BC is pretty good so not that much difference there. Best multiplayer is third party on both consoles, but one side warring should not beget usual wagon circling but 🤷‍♂️. Anyways, this thread is to talk about something good, good BC becoming better :).
I didn’t mind correcting someone who had no business being here.

Halo multiplayer is still a top tier experience, imo. I’d also argue that Forza Horizon and Sea of Thieves stand out, even amongst third party games.

Some PlayStation fans think a thread about Xbox is their outlet to be salty. My positivity towards Xbox makes more sense in this thread than their negativity towards it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I didn’t mind correcting someone who had no business being here.

Halo multiplayer is still a top tier experience, imo. I’d also argue that Forza Horizon and Sea of Thieves stand out, even amongst third party games.

Some PlayStation fans think a thread about Xbox is their outlet to be salty. My positivity towards Xbox makes more sense in this thread than their negativity towards it.
Fair point, not excusing one liners console warring drivebys.

I just do not think that the climate of “Any criticism of ConsoleA in a ConsoleA related thread == you are an anti-ConsoleA fanboy get out you hater” and throwing list wars or PR and insults at them is heathy.

It made me think of this article:
[...] demand totalitarian-like devotion to their ideology and if you’re indifferent, apathetic or nuanced in your approach to politics, you’ll end up in the wasteland of the center — tribeless, unprotected and increasingly insulated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom