• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five Bethesda Titles on Gamepass to receive Xbox Series FPS Boost

Mr.ODST

Confirmed by Major Nelson.

The titles being enhanced are:
  • Prey
  • Dishonored: Definitive Edition
  • Skyrim: Special Edition
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76.

Excellent games in question, and seems xbox's new feature is a great way to play some BC titles and with Fallout 76 being added to that I wonder if other console platforms will receive a 60fps option.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Prey, Dishonored: Definitive Edition, Skyrim: Special Edition, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76

brent-rambo-meme-gif-.gif

There is absolutely 100% no way that FO76 will be a solid 60fps, but I'm sure any improvement is welcome for console players because it runs like garbage from what I've heard. Even on the beefiest of PCs (cough cough) it can drop down to the 40s during endgame stuff. The engine is just a mess... an ambitious mess, but a mess nonetheless lol

Freeman76

There is absolutely 100% no way that FO76 will be a solid 60fps, but I'm sure any improvement is welcome for console players because it runs like garbage from what I've heard. Even on the beefiest of PCs (cough cough) it can drop down to the 40s during endgame stuff. The engine is just a mess... an ambitious mess, but a mess nonetheless lol
Thanks for this fact based post, you are 100% a person who has intimate knowledge of the future and how things that nobody has seen will run. What a relief to have someone with such insight here to guide us.

Stuart360

Depends what resolution it is on XSX I suppose. I can 1080p/60 Falolout 76 on my PC, and XSX has a beefier gpu.

Depends what resolution it is on XSX I suppose. I can 1080p/60 Falolout 76 on my PC, and XSX has a beefier gpu.
A steady 60fps? I have a 2060 Super and even I drop down to 40s during hectic Scorchbeast Queen and Earle fights. From what I've gathered (from people I've played with, some of whom have better PCs than me) is that it's impossible to have a completely steady 60fps because of the engine getting its ass kicked during those moments. Hell, it doesn't even have to be during battle. If you want to see for yourself, just go to any CAMP located in the Whitesprings Resort and watch the FPS plummet. Like I said, the engine is a mess.

Thanks for this fact based post, you are 100% a person who has intimate knowledge of the future and how things that nobody has seen will run. What a relief to have someone with such insight here to guide us.
Thanks for showing your ass and proving that you're nothing but an embarrassing console warrior.

I'm basing my post on experience with the PC version, smart guy.

Read and weep:

or do the research yourself: https://www.google.com/search?&q="fallout+76"+whitesprings+framerate

Last edited:

Banned
Confirmed by Major Nelson.

The titles being enhanced are:
  • Prey
  • Dishonored: Definitive Edition
  • Skyrim: Special Edition
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76.

Excellent games in question, and seems xbox's new feature is a great way to play some BC titles and with Fallout 76 being added to that I wonder if other console platforms will receive a 60fps option.

it's weird that it's not all of them... Bethesda games are all on PC, meaning they shouldn't have any issue running at 60fps.
they should look into patching every game that doesn't reach 60fps at the moment.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Owning a Series X with Game Pass just keeps getting better and better. I haven't played Skyrim since it launched on the 360 and the definitive edition is the only BGS game other than 76 that I don't own so I look forward to playing it again at 60fps soon.

LOL they will feed the news wire with the most laughable information.
Sorry you're such bitter individual. You must have a terrible life, but thank you for taking the time to stop by and troll.

As a Series X, and PS5 owner i am saddened that i played through ALL of these games on PS4. I only like to play through games once.

Top Bottom